Xbox Game Pass is expanding to PC... hmm what to make of this article??

Just now, Remij_ said:

Dynamite... offering PC gamers Streaming will be an option... but only ever an option.  You don't make inroads into the PC gaming community by offering NON NATIVE games as your main hook for the system.

I said this shit on Sidescrollers... MS is unifying the entire thing... it's running on Windows and DX12 with UWP... and they are building and porting everything so that they can completely drop designing a console in the future.  In the future if they release an actual box... it's going to be a Xbox branded small form-factor PC.

After this coming gen... they are never building a custom box again.  PCs will run their entire library and all backwards compatibility.. and run their servers which they stream from.

I'm not even going to debate this, it's not worth it, you're not changing my mind and I have no interest in your thoughts. It's all out in the stratosphere and pointless to discuss, whatever happens will happen and I'm siding differently than you.

Accept it. 

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Using the ones that people don't buy?     It's over.     My predictions for X018   -Halo MCC for PC -BC for PC -Sunset OD for PC   It's happening... P

Masterchief is, indeed, coming home to the PC   And this, this particular announcement, basically speeds up Microsoft transition into a third-party publishing platform.

Posted Images

Just now, DynamiteCop! said:

I'm not even going to debate this, it's not worth it, you're not changing my mind and I have no interest in your thoughts. It's all out in the stratosphere and pointless to discuss, whatever happens will happen and I'm siding differently than you.

Accept it. 

I wasn't trying to convince you.  I'm telling you what I know will happen.

You're a straight up idiot if you think MS will continue building consoles and stop development on PC for them to only stream to it.

Yes.... let's spend tons of money developing console hardware and then put that new hardware which only functions for gaming purposes, in our data centers... instead of just using more powerful PC parts... which already run our platform, and use the same tools and platform that our developers build our games on.... 

:roll: 

We also asked Spencer about the Xbox Game Pass, a $10 monthly subscription that grants access to a library of Xbox One and Xbox 360 games. Given Microsoft's increased PC focus, could we see the Game Pass on PC, too?

"I've said I want to bring Game Pass to the PC. The team doesn't love it when I pre-announce things, but I definitely want to bring Game Pass to PC," Spencer said.

"It's a business model that I think could be good for creators, and when business models work for creators, it usually means good content will come for gamers. I like that. We don't have the deep catalog of games on PC that we do on console, so I've had some pushback from the marketing team that, well it wouldn't necessarily be the best feature right now, because we won't have enough games, but I just want to start. So I'm putting a lot of pressure on the team to go get enough content lined up to do something on the PC, and then make sure we have a long-term commitment to build."

Yep... they've been building up that content.  It's coming :juggle: 

:blessed: 

11 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

What they want is irrelevant to what can/will actually be able to happen. 

Wants are irrelevant to practical results and reality. I want to be rich, guess what that's not reality and it's not happening. 

Their wants spell out their intention of where they want to take their videogames division.  They want to expand beyond being locked down to XB1 hardware alone..... AKA 3rd party. 

6 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

I wasn't trying to convince you.  I'm telling you what I know will happen.

You're a straight up idiot if you think MS will continue building consoles and stop development on PC for them to only stream to it.

Yes.... let's spend tons of money developing console hardware and then put that new hardware which only functions for gaming purposes, in our data centers... instead of just using more powerful PC parts... which already run our platform, and use the same tools and platform that our developers build our games on.... 

:roll: 

Yet that's exactly what they're doing :hest:

3 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

Nah :cruise:

They'll just update the hardware to the existing platform. 

Using the ones that people don't buy? :hest: 

It's over.  

My predictions for X018

-Halo MCC for PC

-BC for PC

-Sunset OD for PC

It's happening... Phil's got the content lined up :juggle: 

The amount of Deeno rape will be unheard of:blessed: 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
2 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

Using the ones that people don't buy? :hest: 

It's over.  

My predictions for X018

-Halo MCC for PC

-BC for PC

-Sunset OD for PC

It's happening... Phil's got the content lined up :juggle: 

The amount of Deeno rape will be unheard of:blessed: 

You're going to be 0/3

How many times this month has Dynocrap ended up threatening people while proclaiming:

"just wait..........YOU'LL SEE!!! YOU'LL ALL SEE!!"

?

Like 3 different times.

So, just so that we're clear.............according to Dynocrap, Phil Spencer doesn't know the proper terminology to his OWN products in this announcement?

• 4 months later...