A couple hours in RDR2.... this game is off to a slow ass start

29 minutes ago, kokujin said:

I wonder if it feels great to make money, and do you take guns purchased with money for granted??  

Also, can you get rich off hunting or is it just for food??

After hunting you can either craft with it, donate to camp or sell to butchers. It would take quite a grind to get rich off hunting though. 

• Upvote 1

If you have patience and allow yourself to get immersed in this world and characters you will love this game. If you want fast pace controls and movement and combat like Horizon, Ass Creed or even Witcher 3 you won't get it here

Edited by Vini
Just now, Twinblade said:

I just started it. I’m baffled that you still need to mash a button repeatedly to sprint :| if I were a reviewer I would have taken a point off for that shitty design choice alone.

It's so stupid :D 

4 hours ago, kokujin said:

I wonder if it feels great to make money, and do you take guns purchased with money for granted??  

Also, can you get rich off hunting or is it just for food??

I read a kotaku article with some tips, and they said to not waste your money buying guns in the game, that you will end up getting almost every single type of gun through  the missions.

But do spend your money upgrading it.

And if I read it correctly. You can drop your guns and leave them at any time, because you will be able to get your gun back at your saddle. Same for your hat.

So, for a game thats trying to achieve realism, That's really pretty crazy.

Edited by jehurey
56 minutes ago, jehurey said:

I just got done playing Witcher 3's main story a few days ago.

Yeah, it does move faster than this game (so far).

I've been replaying it with my gf up to about 2 weeks ago. While I agree it is faster than rdr2, I'd hardly use it as an example of fast, fluid controls lmao

7 minutes ago, Boss said:

I've been replaying it with my gf up to about 2 weeks ago. While I agree it is faster than rdr2, I'd hardly use it as an example of fast, fluid controls lmao

it just illustrates how embarrassingly slow rdr2 is when its slower than a game that’s also clunk af. modern rockstar games top speed is reverse

• Thanks 1
30 minutes ago, Boss said:

Stfu faggot

Edited by Vini
19 minutes ago, Quad Damage said:

it just illustrates how embarrassingly slow rdr2 is when its slower than a game that’s also clunk af. modern rockstar games top speed is reverse

The problem is the modern gamers brain more than modern rockstar games

• Like 1

I'm using the RDR2 companion app, finally was able to fix my login issues with Rockstar Social Club.

The map COULD be useful, but it doesn't follow your icon around. So if its in the center when it starts tracking you, and you move a certain distance, the map stands still and your icons moves out of the frame. Its dumb.

And the Journal is probably a good way to get immersed in Arthur's story, but it allows zooming in if you read it during the game, but you can't zoom in when reading it from the app. Since its forced landscape mode, the cursive writing is a bit hard to read.

I just finished the intro. I actually thought it was pretty good as a tutorial section that introduces you to the mechanics while setting up the story.

But like with every other rockstar game the control scheme and interface leave something to be desired. Another silly thing outside of mashing X to sprint is having to hold down both analog sticks to activate their equivalent of batman vision. The right analog stick isn't used for anything outside of combat, I can't fathom why they couldn't just use that single input instead?