Nintendo Q2 FY 19 results - Switch 22.86 million

9 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

You idiots latch onto the fiscal year because it pushes back the goalpost further and ignores everything else, no one else does this.

For Xbox One no one cares about the fiscal year, for PlayStation 4 no one cares about the fiscal year, all people care about is the calendar year, how did the console sell in 2017? How is it selling in 2018? Not Nintendo's imaginary line in the sand you fucking idiot. Does NPD go by the fiscal year? No, they go by the calendar year. Does any analytical firm go by the fiscal year? No, they go by the calendar year because the year dictates external performance. The fiscal year is an internal year, it has no relevance externally.  

You're the only lot who drone on about the fiscal year, the only ones. You completely ignore the calendar year, the calendar year that has to sell 7 million systems in the next 3 months to break even with 2017's 10 month performance. The next 3 months which has to sell 7 million when the previous 9 sold a mere 8...

First of all MS hides fiscal year because they're chicken shit. 

2nd of all.. Sony just released their fiscal year and everyone cared....same thing with Nintendo. 

Lastly as far as your calendar comparison. 

Jan throughout Sept 2018 

2.92+1.88+3.19 = 7.99

Jan through Sept 2017

2.92+1.97+2.7 = 7.63

Switch is ahead both in CALENDAR YEAR AND FISCAL YEAR. 

DynamiteCop is owned as per usual:sabu:

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Fighting tooth and nail to only be outsold by double 

Did you miss my point in time post?   The data was a point in time analysis with a 2018 projection.    That 50% Market share for PS4's total refers to 2016..."the past year".    no

5 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

First of all MS hides fiscal year because they're chicken shit. 

2nd of all.. Sony just released their fiscal year and everyone cared....same thing with Nintendo. 

Lastly as far as your calendar comparison. 

Jan throughout Sept 2018 

2.92+1.88+3.19 = 7.99

Jan through Sept 2017

2.92+1.97+2.7 = 7.63

Switch is ahead both in CALENDAR YEAR AND FISCAL YEAR. 

DynamiteCop is owned as per usual:sabu:

And it's going to get worse.  The Pokemon/Smash combo is going to destroy last year's sales.

3 minutes ago, McWickedSmawt85 said:

And it's going to get worse.  The Pokemon/Smash combo is going to destroy last year's sales.

DynamiteCop predicted 11 Switch WW for the year. 

Switch is already at 8 million.... So by his predictions... Switch wil  lonly sell 3 million WW for Oct through Dec. 

For comparison... Switch sold 7 million between Oct and Dec last year. 

DynamiteCop :sabu:

4 minutes ago, McWickedSmawt85 said:

Are you not forgetting that Super Mario Odyssey released last October? 

4 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

DynamiteCop predicted 11 Switch WW for the year. 

Switch is already at 8 million.... So by his predictions... Switch wil  lonly sell 3 million WW for Oct through Dec. 

For comparison... Switch sold 7 million between Oct and Dec last year. 

DynamiteCop :sabu:

Yeah, the first holiday season for the system and it had a mainline Mario release. This is the second holiday season for the system, it still costs $300, and it's coming out with a side piece Pokemon game no one is talking about and Smash, the best selling Smash sold 13 million to an install base of 100 million. 

There's so many variables you're not considering. 

1 minute ago, DynamiteCop! said:

You're goddamned retarded if you think a 3D Mario game has anywhere near the pull as either Pokemon or Smash.

5 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

Yeah, the first holiday season for the system and it had a mainline Mario release. This is the second holiday season for the system, it still costs $300, and it's coming out with a side piece Pokemon game no one is talking about and Smash, the best selling Smash sold 13 million to an install base of 100 million. 

There's so many variables you're not considering. 

:|

1) Both Pokémon and SMASH are bigger sellers than 3D Marios

2)  Switch just sold 3 million in a non holiday Quarter.   

You Expect it to sell the SAME EXACT AMOUNT for 3 months during the holiday season as it did for July through Sept. :cosby2:

2 minutes ago, Beta Bux Romeo said:

Look at who Tweeted :D 

Holy shitposting shill twitter of the year, that's some cringy shit. I know we post some cringy stuff too but this is next level. 

Did you actually read his other twitter posts lol?

Edited by DynamiteCop!
21 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

Holy shitposting shill twitter of the year, that's some cringy shit. I know we post some cringy stuff too but this is next level. 

Did you actually read his other twitter posts lol?

See itss things like this which tells me you're new to GS SW and SW in general. 

He is an OG SW poster from back in the day.  He is a Sony shill yes... but he has a point with the AMD shipments to MS. 

7 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

See itss things like this which tells me you're new to GS SW and SW in general. 

He is an OG SW poster from back in the day.  He is a Sony shill yes... but he has a point with the AMD shipments to MS. 

I don't know who any of you people are, there's been literally millions of people to grace that forum. 

Also he doesn't have a point, that's all independent research, that's not numbers from AMD lol... 100 million shipments for Sony when they just sold-through 86 million and this analysis is months, and months, and months old? Really...

Edited by DynamiteCop!
Just now, DynamiteCop! said:

I don't know who any of you people are, there's been literally millions of people to grace that forum. 

Also he doesn't have a point, that's all independent research, that's not numbers from AMD lol...

Wait a tic... just today you were guestimating Xbox1 numbers out your ass. 

An Independent Analyst researched AMD's shipments but that's not credible :|

5 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

Wait a tic... just today you were guestimating Xbox1 numbers out your ass. 

An Independent Analyst researched AMD's shipments but that's not credible :|

That's from multiple agencies tracking information independently and then you triangulate a rough estimate figure from all of their results combined. This is one firm, just one which god only knows their methods or abilities, and Sony's shipments alone are clearly exaggerated. As I said in my edit this is not something new, this has been circulating for months. 100 million PS4 GPU shipments months and months ago and they've only now sold-through 86 million? When this came out they had sold like 80, so a 20 million surplus of GPU's? That's a surplus of GPU's totally 1/4 of all the consoles they had sold in 4 1/2 years... Give me a fucking break. 

Edited by DynamiteCop!
1 minute ago, Bodycount NS said:

damn who would have thought out of all of us Puerto was going to take this shit to the top :D

2000+ followers just to troll with system wars talk :D 

Lmao I wonder if he woke up one day and thought “Ima make a career out of this”

5 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

That's from multiple agencies tracking information independently and then you triangulate a rough estimate figure from all of their results combined. This is one firm, just one which god only knows their methods or abilities, and Sony's shipments alone are clearly exaggerated. As I said in my edit this is not something new, this has been circulating for months. 100 million PS4 GPU shipments months and months ago and they've only now sold-through 86 million? When this came out they had sold like 80, so a 20 million surplus of GPU's? I don't think so. 

How far ahead do you thing components are shipped to manufacturers?   

Do you think the consoles are made, shipped and sold in the same day? 

You do know that the 89 million figure for PS4 is for data TWO MONTHS AGO RIGHT? 

His point flew over your head.  He is not saying XB1 has sold 37 million or that Sony has sold 100 million.

He is saying that MS cannot sell more XB1s than GPUs that have been shipped to them. 

Just now, Goukosan said:

How far ahead do you thing components are shipped to manufacturers?   

Do you think the consoles are made, shipped and sold in the same day? 

You do know that the 89 million figure for PS4 is for data TWO MONTHS AGO RIGHT? 

His point flew over your head.  He is not saying XB1 has sold 37 million or that Sony has sold 100 million.

He is saying that MS cannot sell more XB1 than GPUs that have been shipped to them. 

I know what his point was but there's no credence to the data, it's a singular independent study. What I'm saying is that GPU shipments to Sony are clearly off, they're not going to have more than a full year of GPU's front loaded, that's absolutely ridiculous. All of this stuff is made to order to an extenuating degree in the event of unforeseen downturns or investment shift, these corporations need liquidity. If something happened and Sony ended up with 10 million GPU's on their hands with no one buying systems they'd take on a catastrophic loss. It's completely unrealistic, now I'm not saying this study is bias or anything, but their figures are very questionable all around.