X0 Conference is in one day

4 hours ago, Beta Bux Romeo said:

Time to lube up your asses Lemmings. This will be a 90 percent PC/Streaming conference.

3 hours ago, DynamiteCop! said:

No

Prefer it dry? :face:

• Haha 1

Microsoft just went third party.......................to my Samsung Phone.

And I didn't even know about it:

Microsoft xCloud or Project xCloud will have support for Samsung’s smartphones and tablets. This was confirmed during the second session of Samsung’s developers’ conference in San Francisco. Project xCloud is a new game streaming service that Microsoft is working on. It will bring console-quality games to a wide variety of devices including mobile devices from Samsung.

“We’re going to create a future where the hundreds of millions of people who are holding a Samsung device are also holding a gateway to a high-powered gaming experience,” said Sarah Bond, Head of Global Gaming Partnerships and Development at Microsoft.

58 minutes ago, Beta Bux Romeo said:

Android phones or only Samsung?

The best thing for Microsoft would be to have a smartphone automatically connect wireless to their Xbox controller. But, alot of controllers for Xbox One have proprietary wireless. So Microsoft would have to find a phone manufacturer who would probably integrate that radio with their phones.

Samsung would be the most cooperative partner to do this.

I just checked, my Xbox Elite Controller would need to connect with my Note 8 through USB, and the Note 8 would have to have a USB-C to USB adapter dongle. I think newer Xbox controllers use bluetooth, so that would already work.

Also, Samsung would be able to prove the Xbox "app" outside of the Google Play Store. Since Microsoft charges money for their service, they don't want to give a cut to Google for a subscription service. Samsung did the same thing with Epic Games and the Fortnite app.

2 minutes ago, jehurey said:

The best thing for Microsoft would be to have a smartphone automatically connect wireless to their Xbox controller. But, alot of controllers for Xbox One have proprietary wireless. So Microsoft would have to find a phone manufacturer who would probably integrate that radio with their phones.

Samsung would be the most cooperative partner to do this.

I just checked, my Xbox Elite Controller would need to connect with my Note 8 through USB, and the Note 8 would have to have a USB-C to USB adapter dongle. I think newer Xbox controllers use bluetooth, so that would already work.

Also, Samsung would be able to prove the Xbox "app" outside of the Google Play Store. Since Microsoft charges money for their service, they don't want to give a cut to Google for a subscription service. Samsung did the same thing with Epic Games and the Fortnite app.

Does Google get a cut of in app purchases or subscriptions?  Presumably they would get a cut of the sale of the app itself... except in this case the app would be free.  I really don't follow the phone scene that much.

11 hours ago, Goukosan said:

XCloud confirmed for Samsung Devices. 

MS 3rd party ventures have begun :bate:

Microsoft xCloud or Project xCloud will have support for Samsung’s smartphones and tablets. This was confirmed during the second session of Samsung’s developers’ conference in San Francisco. 

You're a moron, I already said it would be on Samsung smart TV's like a month ago because they're business partners.