Xbox One turns 5 years old this week. What would you rate it as a platform?

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Q: "Is Xbox One good?"     A: Loaded question. Not happening, bud.      

i made a similar thread last year and the gamerankings screenshot is virtually identical      

Just wait for the Deeno Math™.  It's coming.  Can you hear it?  

Posted Images

Just now, Ramza said:

Still true even if you are to remove the WiiU ports. But bu Forza and Sunset Overdrive :fatcruise:

Not really . Ditch has had a massive drought this year . Why haven't you bought one ?

1 minute ago, Jon2B said:

Not really . Ditch has had a massive drought this year . Why haven't you bought one ?

Waiting for the system to mature, prices to slashes, new revisions, more games. But it's already making a better case than Xbox.

I want Mario Odyssey, Smash and Octopath. B) 

Lmao, a Lemming shouting drought, but bu Forza Horizon 8. :fatcruise:

2 hours ago, Quad Damage said:

how has it been negatively positioned and what factors have been disregarded? its not enough to simply say these things, you actually have to explain it.

It's very simple, they've proactively rectified any criticism leveraged against the platform using community feedback at every turn. They uprooted their entire vision for the platform to appease their consumer base. They've maintained the best network, introduced the best controller, introduced the best services, introduced accessibility for the disabled, rekindled the appeal for independent developers, are making efforts to get more Japanese support, went so far as to create an entirely new console within the gen to quell the need for the compute ailing of the original system while also ensuring it's the best system on the market, also garnering the largest amount of developer support for a mid-generation system. They're introducing what is shaping up to be the best streaming platform available and have gone even further to acquire like 7 new development studios on top of the 8 or so they already have to quell concerns with first party output. Now this generation has not been perfect by a long shot but the steps taken to better it from where it began have been numerous and massive.

Yes a lot of this will bear fruit next-gen, that's unfortunate but the steps they've taken and continue to have also ensured benefits in the present. I want to see more games from them, I'm not concerned about it though because unlike most of you I don't see a game as a number and then disregard it based upon the views and opinions of others. Quantum Break was one of my favorite games this generation, there's been a lasting appeal to that regardless of the way it's labeled.  Sea of Thieves while not everyones cup of tea provided me with hundreds of hours of unadulterated fun with friends and strangers in a very unique setting and gameplay environment. But what do you guys see? A number, and then rinse and repeat disregard. 

Xbox is doing just fine without the cynical views of the outside world, we're doing just fine with our console regardless of the fanatical psychotics like Bodycount flip flopping around for a popularity contest crushing under the pressure of others. There's so much AAA third party output these days that even if Microsoft releases a game and it's not for you there's like 15 other things releasing in the same window of time to choose from. There's no lack of games to play or experiences to have, my Xbox One X and PlayStation 4 Pro get almost split down the middle usage. So no I'm not going to give you a score just as I wouldn't for PlayStation 4 this generation because it's far more complex than just a simple number can account for. 

2 hours ago, McWickedSmawt85 said:

Firstly, you have no idea how much it's sold total.  Nobody does, because Microsoft stopped releasing those numbers, because Xbone is underperforming.  Badly.

Secondly, lolz.  Oh sure, xbone is ahead.  It's a useless metric since it started three years prior, but if that helps you sleep when Switch wipes the floor with Xbone, and yourself by extension, this holiday season*, then you do you, pal.

*Includes Christmas. :roff: 

There's analyst firms all over the planet collating data from different markets and regions, it's pretty safe to say the general vicinity of what its sold and that number is in excess of the Switch and Wii U by at least 5 million with a year less of availability. You guys think the Switch is some on fire system selling like crazy, it's not, it's splitting the difference between Xbox One and PlayStation 4; and it's newer so see how that pans out after 5 years. 

Edited by DynamiteCop!

Regardless of what Xbox sells it will never be a bomb like the worst Nintonto consoles .

GameCube and Wiiu 

Lmao wiiu really sold only 13 million consoles :D sheep love to forget that . 

They had to make a handheld because they know a home console would be a gutter bomb ROFL 

40 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

There's analyst firms all over the planet collating data from different markets and regions, it's pretty safe to say the general vicinity of what its sold and that number is in excess of the Switch and Wii U by at least 5 million with a year less of availability. You guys think the Switch is some on fire system selling like crazy, it's not, it's splitting the difference between Xbox One and PlayStation 4; and it's newer so see how that pans out after 5 years. 

We're all very aware of where you get your numbers from, Deeno: your ass.

November and December NPD are going to be hilarious.  You're welcome to join in on the fun, but my guess is you'll skip those threads just like the last three.

3 minutes ago, McWickedSmawt85 said:

We're all very aware of where you get your numbers from, Deeno: your ass.

November and December NPD are going to be hilarious.  You're welcome to join in on the fun, but my guess is you'll skip those threads just like the last three.

It's not going to be hilarious at all, you guys put way too much weight into these assured outcomes just to find out they're wrong. 

2 hours ago, Jon2B said:

So you want 3 games lol ok 

Xbox has almost every big 3rd party game . There is never a drought .

3 more quality games than a Xbox One would provide, and 3 exclusives.

I don't need a Xbox, I already have a PS4. :D Not like I give a fuck about MS first party trash games though.

Sea of Dumbos and State of Dumbos 2 :D Forza Dumbosport 15 :mj:

1 hour ago, DynamiteCop! said:

It's very simple, they've proactively rectified any criticism leveraged against the platform using community feedback at every turn. They uprooted their entire vision for the platform to appease their consumer base. They've maintained the best network, introduced the best controller, introduced the best services, introduced accessibility for the disabled, rekindled the appeal for independent developers, are making efforts to get more Japanese support, went so far as to create an entirely new console within the gen to quell the need for the compute ailing of the original system while also ensuring it's the best system on the market, also garnering the largest amount of developer support for a mid-generation system. They're introducing what is shaping up to be the best streaming platform available and have gone even further to acquire like 7 new development studios on top of the 8 or so they already have to quell concerns with first party output. Now this generation has not been perfect by a long shot but the steps taken to better it from where it began have been numerous and massive.

Yes a lot of this will bear fruit next-gen, that's unfortunate but the steps they've taken and continue to have also ensured benefits in the present. I want to see more games from them, I'm not concerned about it though because unlike most of you I don't see a game as a number and then disregard it based upon the views and opinions of others. Quantum Break was one of my favorite games this generation, there's been a lasting appeal to that regardless of the way it's labeled.  Sea of Thieves while not everyones cup of tea provided me with hundreds of hours of unadulterated fun with friends and strangers in a very unique setting and gameplay environment. But what do you guys see? A number, and then rinse and repeat disregard. 

Xbox is doing just fine without the cynical views of the outside world, we're doing just fine with our console regardless of the fanatical psychotics like Bodycount flip flopping around for a popularity contest crushing under the pressure of others. There's so much AAA third party output these days that even if Microsoft releases a game and it's not for you there's like 15 other things releasing in the same window of time to choose from. There's no lack of games to play or experiences to have, my Xbox One X and PlayStation 4 Pro get almost split down the middle usage. So no I'm not going to give you a score just as I wouldn't for PlayStation 4 this generation because it's far more complex than just a simple number can account for. 

Translation: I'm a Xbox fanboy and love everything MS are doing.

300 hours in Sea of Thieves. Kill yourself. :kaz: 

• Haha 2
10 minutes ago, Ramza said:

3 more quality games than a Xbox One would provide, and 3 exclusives.

I don't need a Xbox, I already have a PS4. :D Not like I give a fuck about MS first party trash games though.

Sea of Dumbos and State of Dumbos 2 :D Forza Dumbosport 15 :mj:

Then your buying a ditch ? Nope . Cause you think it sucks too . STFU 

1 minute ago, Jon2B said:

Then your buying a ditch ? Nope . Cause you think it sucks too . STFU 

I will at the right time. STFU :D 

I also waited for Xbox One... sure glad I did. Almost bought one for D4, Cuphead and Scalebound. :kaz: