Skyward Sword coming to Switch?

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Oh yay, another old port for Switch. This systems value is growing by the day.

The most boring and abysmal Zelda game created. Wii Motion+ implementation was the only good thing about it, remove that and you're left with even more abysmal shit. Perfect match for the Di

6 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

No it wouldn't.  That's some stupid shit if I ever heard it.

if Motion is removed, The 1:1 motion for combat will have to be tweaked.   They could make it work.... They would have to come up with a more robust button combat that's not typically im Zelda. 

Maybe have the angle of the analog change the angle of the attack or something.  Because you will need precise angles to replicate SS sword movements. 

Edited by Goukosan
Just now, Goukosan said:

The 1:1 motion for combat will have to be tweaked.   They could make it work.... They would have to come up with a more robust button combat that's not typically im Zelda. 

Maybe have the angle of the analog change the angle of the attack or something.  Because you will need precise angles to replicate SS sword movements. 

Oh yea, you're right.  I'm thinking of Twilight Princess' motion controls :D 

Yea, they would have to do a bit of work, but it should be easily doable.  You're probably on the right track with the analog stick controlling the angles.

We'll have to see.. either way, at the end of the day, it will probably still control better than the Wii version.

9 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

No it wouldn't.  That's some stupid shit if I ever heard it.

7 minutes ago, Cookester15 said:

That's what made is bad

But Sheep swore blind the game would be awful without motion controls. I mean that's what made it so special in the first place.

Are you trying to tell me the sheep spent years spinning propaganda because it was good for them at the time?

No way, that doesn't sound lile the sheep at all!!

7 minutes ago, Ike said:

If they can turn down the handholding and make Fi less annoying this can be good. 

Oh god.. yea I'm remembering now.  SS was TERRIBLE for tutorial shit :scared: 

For Switch owners coming off of BotW, that's going to be a rough time :D 

Ah and as someone on ResetERA just pointed out... this is likely what the "next Zelda game is sooner than we think" comment from Game Informer is coming from. 

Kind of a bummer if that's what it is.. I'd love a MM style twist on BotW's formula... or again, an entirely new 2d Zelda game.

This is still good though.

The 1:1 motion in SS was very good.  No BS..... wasn't a waggle fest like Twilight princess. 

the first time you fight Griham you get punished for waggling.... and if my memory serves me right... that carries over throughout the game. 

Alot of people didn't realize you have to press the down button to recenter. 

What people didn't like is the hub world of skytown and the mechanics around entering sections of hyrule. 

They also didn't like how Fi held your hand throughout the entire game. 

and finally, the tutorial section in the beginning is waaaaay too long. 

But outside of that... its a great game, great dungeons, great antagonists, great bosses, the final 2 acts are epic as fuck. 

Edited by Goukosan
7 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

The 1:1 motion in SS was very good.  No BS..... wasn't a waggle fest like Twilight princess. 

the first time you fight Griham you get punished for waggling.... and if my memory serves me right... that carries over throughout the game. 

Alot of people didn't realize you have to press the down button to recenter. 

What people didn't like is the hub world of skytown and the mechanics around entering sections of hyrule. 

They also didn't like how Fi held your hand throughout the entire game. 

and finally, the tutorial section in the beginning is waaaaay too long. 

But outside of that... its a great game, great dungeons, great antagonists, great bosses, the final 2 acts are epic as fuck. 

The start was too long yes, and the game felt too linear.

But having to recalibrate the motion contols every 5 minutes didnt help either.

The most boring and abysmal Zelda game created.

Wii Motion+ implementation was the only good thing about it, remove that and you're left with even more abysmal shit.

Perfect match for the Ditch lmao.

Edited by bhytre
  • Upvote 1