Nvidia RTX Titan "leaked"

CkbFfrF.png

I kinda figured they were going to release a Titan RTX card eventually... but not quite this soon.  Normally, I would have waited for this card, considering Titans used to be the enthusiast option, but I 100% expect this thing to be like the Titan V, which is to say around $2500-$3000.  Probably depending on the RAM.  I'm curious if it will be 16, or 32gb?

Anyway, the card is going to be fucking insane.  If it's $2000... and crazy enough.. I might grab one. :whew: 

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

He owns an Xbox One - in Europe; I'm sure he's quite familiar with the term.

lmfao 2080Ti already obsolete PC gaming

This Clown, hypes up and buys into new nvidia product, few weeks later he's suckered into a new one   No wonder he was a lemming. Companies prey on clowns like these.

Anyway, I'm happy with the choice I made.  The Titan line of GPUs is not what it once was.  The Ti's have replaced them entirely (performance and price) within the lineup.  The Titans are now strictly for professionals who will pay extra for more VRAM. 

Unless there's something that I'm not seeing (maybe higher base/boost clocks as well?) then it's looking like basically an overclocked 2080Ti with a bit more memory.. (from a gamer standpoint)   Based on the specs of the full chip, it's going to be at most 10% faster...which my 2080Ti already is with my overclock.  I'm guessing 16GB of VRAM at most now that I think about it.  If it had 24GB that would make it essentially a Quadro RTX 6000... so they would just sell it as those instead for the higher price.  The Quadro RTX 5000 is a cut down T102 chip with 16GB of memory.. so I think they'll slot it in between those two cards. 

The Quadro 6000 costs $6300, and the 5000 costs $2300.. so I'm going to say it will be a $3000+ card much like the Titan V was.  Definitely not marketed towards enthusiasts at all anymore like the Titan once was.

My gf really wants to build a rig. She really only leads a mid-high machine. Do you think the 1070 TI is a good GPU for the price? I’m thinking she should just get that with an i7-8700 and 16gb DDR3 with a 1tb SSD. 

Edit: Keep in mind she’ll mostly be using it for LoL and Overwatch lol 

Edited by Ike
11 minutes ago, Ike said:

My gf really wants to build a rig. She really only leads a mid-high machine. Do you think the 1070 TI is a good GPU for the price? I’m thinking she should just get that with an i7-8700 and 16gb DDR3 with a 1tb SSD. 

Edit: Keep in mind she’ll mostly be using it for LoL and Overwatch lol 

If you can find one for around ~$400-$450 or so, then yea.  If you OC it (which is stupidly easy) it's basically a GTX 1080.  A great card for 1440p and high fps... and she'd be set for a while... especially given those types of games that you said she'd be playing.

39 minutes ago, Team 2019 said:

Remij you got an amazing card, wait 1-2 gen cycles in cards before you bother lol.

Yea I know lmao.  There's no chance it will be a >10% increase, or at least anywhere close to the 20-30% speed increase I require for purchasing a new card.  And while I do spend a lot of money on PC stuff, I do actually have a cutoff point where I'm just simply not willing to give them any more money for a GPU.  Which this Titan is almost assuredly higher than.

I wouldn't really consider this card I don't think... unless maybe the RTX performance is specifically astounding... but I doubt it.  My next card will be 7nm.

1 hour ago, Remij_ said:

If you can find one for around ~$400-$450 or so, then yea.  If you OC it (which is stupidly easy) it's basically a GTX 1080.  A great card for 1440p and high fps... and she'd be set for a while... especially given those types of games that you said she'd be playing.

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?item=N82E16814127951

Something like this?

1 hour ago, Remij_ said:

Anyway, I'm happy with the choice I made.  The Titan line of GPUs is not what it once was.  The Ti's have replaced them entirely (performance and price) within the lineup.  The Titans are now strictly for professionals who will pay extra for more VRAM. 

Unless there's something that I'm not seeing (maybe higher base/boost clocks as well?) then it's looking like basically an overclocked 2080Ti with a bit more memory.. (from a gamer standpoint)   Based on the specs of the full chip, it's going to be at most 10% faster...which my 2080Ti already is with my overclock.  I'm guessing 16GB of VRAM at most now that I think about it.  If it had 24GB that would make it essentially a Quadro RTX 6000... so they would just sell it as those instead for the higher price.  The Quadro RTX 5000 is a cut down T102 chip with 16GB of memory.. so I think they'll slot it in between those two cards. 

The Quadro 6000 costs $6300, and the 5000 costs $2300.. so I'm going to say it will be a $3000+ card much like the Titan V was.  Definitely not marketed towards enthusiasts at all anymore like the Titan once was.

Looks like you're in the bargaining and on your way to the acceptance phase. :smug: