MS please STOP! Microsoft in talks to purchase studio who "historically has worked with Playstation"

Not Insominac Games apparently (obviously) but some possibilities

Supermassive 

Ready at Dawn

From Software

Quantic Dreams

Really doubt it's Supermassive because they just recently confirmed they have multiple Playstation exclusives in development.

Ready at Dawn would be interesting... they are the ones making the Lone Echo VR games.  Great stuff from them.  I find it interesting that MS seems to be buying a few devs with good VR implementations in their existing games.  Just a thought... not really going to far with it though.

FROM would be absolutely huge... but as a Japanese developer, and one who is successful on all platforms, I don't see the need.  Though Phil did just recently go to Japan for something..

Anyway... they aren't done buying Studios yet...  Satya has definitely given MS the funds to go out there and secure a large stable of developers to make a constant stream of games for their new service driven gaming foray.   It's kind of getting to the point though where it's like... ok ok relax.  Some developers need to be independent lmao.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yeah, but it's these kind of tears:       Compared to actual lemming tears:  

They’ll ruin the studio regardless. MS is cancer. 

Bookmark this thread for two reasons: First to bump it when it we find out which developer it turns out to be; and secondly to bump it again when their game inevitably flops.

Bookmark this thread for two reasons: First to bump it when it we find out which developer it turns out to be; and secondly to bump it again when their game inevitably flops.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
Just now, Casual said:

What was the last studio MS acquired that actually released a good game after the acquisition?

Compulsion Games - We Happy Few

Undead Labs - State of Decay

Coalition Labs  - Gears 4

Should we continue, or does the lemming rape suffice? :haloben:

Just now, Remij_ said:

Some people are thinking it could be Bluepoint Games as well.

Regardless, it's ownage to be used against Lemmings (as are all current and future acquisitions) until one of these studios actually puts out a AAAE.

Hell at this point, the other factions might accept a AAE. :D 

1 minute ago, Remij_ said:

Why do you guys have to be such fucking downers about everything? :D 

let's face it, MS tends to ruin developers (rare, for example). also, they have flopped pretty had this gen. they easily have the worst first party titles. 

4 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

Why do you guys have to be such fucking downers about everything? :D 

I remember how the lemmings were running around here in 2007  = :adhd:

So it's good to see them get their comeuppance. :monosmug:

Just now, -GD- said:

let's face it, MS tends to ruin developers (rare, for example). also, they have flopped pretty had this gen. they easily have the worst first party titles. 

Every company has ruined developers...

Let's face facts... MS is doing what they said they were going to do... and that's building up their first party talent.. creating new studios, and apparently are allowing these studios to do their own thing.  There's more potential for good stuff to come from them than ever before.  Of course they've got to "prove" it.... but not every game needs to be a AAA game.  Having a nice stream of good games all year is/will be important too.

I think some of these studios are going to do great things.  I'm not jaded as fuck about it because we've seen it many times before.  A studio can go from a mediocre game to a hit... and vice-versa.

2 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

Every company has ruined developers...

Let's face facts... MS is doing what they said they were going to do... and that's building up their first party talent.. creating new studios, and apparently are allowing these studios to do their own thing.  There's more potential for good stuff to come from them than ever before.  Of course they've got to "prove" it.... but not every game needs to be a AAA game.  Having a nice stream of good games all year is/will be important too.

I think some of these studios are going to do great things.  I'm not jaded as fuck about it because we've seen it many times before.  A studio can go from a mediocre game to a hit... and vice-versa.

i will wait to see actual AAA content. i don't get dick happy over announcements lol. 

2 minutes ago, -GD- said:

i will wait to see actual AAA content. i don't get dick happy over announcements lol. 

I'll do both.  I don't get disappointed if a game doesn't reach some arbitrary review score.  I couldn't imagine being such a pessimistic person all the time.  I see some of the studios MS has acquired and I'm certain that some of them will be better off with MS than if they hadn't been purchased.

I think Ninja Theory is going to pay off big time for MS.  I don't think the MS we have today is the same MS that dictated to developers that they could only do one thing.  Obviously studios like 343i, and The Coalition will focus on Halo and Gears respectively... but they seem to be allowing the developers to do their own thing, and with MS' backing.. that should be a good thing.

19 minutes ago, Teh_Diplomat said:

Compulsion Games - We Happy Few

Undead Labs - State of Decay

Coalition Labs  - Gears 4

Should we continue, or does the lemming rape suffice? :haloben:

What was wrong with Gears of War 4?

@Remij_ This coupled with the possible IO Interactive aqusition is pretty exciting. Microsoft's CEO said they are going to continue to aggressively invest in gaming, so don't be shocked if another 5+ studios get picked up.

2 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

What was wrong with Gears of War 4?

@Remij_ This coupled with the possible IO Interactive aqusition is pretty exciting. Microsoft's CEO said they are going to continue to aggressively invest in gaming, so don't be shocked if another 5+ studios get picked up.

5+ more studios WOULD be insane to me.  I already think it's insane that they've purchased as many as they have.  But yea the IO Interactive would be a GREAT get for MS...  They put out the right kind of content for them, and they make great games that get screwed over for one reason or another.  GamePass would be PERFECT for that style of Hitman game.  I hope it's true.  I don't want to see that team dissolve, even if it means future games are exclusive to MS platforms.