Looks like PlayStation games are coming to Xbox/Switch

A recent job posting on Greenhousesays that Sony Interactive Entertainment’s cloud engineering team is working towards “putting console-quality games on any device.”

Don't change what you guys said about Xbox now, Sony is doing the exact same thing :hest:

https://ticgamesnetwork.com/platforms/playstation/job-posting-gives-a-glimpse-of-sonys-plan-to-put-playstation-now-games-on-any-device/

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The thirst for good games is real 

TCWBFR   Playstation, best on Xbox

Lemtards are stupid

Just now, Remij_ said:

ROFL :D 

Like I said on the old forum... MS is going to force Sony to play their game.  They either have to adapt and adopt or they'll get left behind.

I remember the arguments you guys even had here about this, like did he really think Sony wasn't going to follow suit with something this big lol?

PS Now used to be on Samsung smart TVs, Blu-ray players, Vita/TV, etc. To me this just looks like Sony is going to be serious about creating a new and better application. PS Now is still available on PC so is anyone really surprised? No need to adapt or adopt, this has been in Sony's playbook since 2013 when it was announced at PlayStation Meeting.

Edited by lynux3
Just now, lynux3 said:

PS Now used to be on Samsung smart TVs, Blu-ray players, Vita/TV, etc. To me this just looks like Sony is going to be serious about creating a new and better application. PS Now is already available on PS4 and PC so is anyone really surprised? No need to adapt or adopt, this has been in Sony's playbook since 2013 when it was announced at PlayStation Meeting.

Yeah but they went from expanse to dialing things back, I think Microsoft kind of lit a fire under their ass to get back into it. 

1 minute ago, DynamiteCop! said:

I remember the arguments you guys even had here about this, like did he really think Sony wasn't going to follow suit with something this big lol?

His whole thing was that Sony wasn't going to do this because their systems sell and their games sell at $60... MS was doing it out of desperation and Sony wasn't. :D 

Any idiot could tell you that once you're able to open your potential market to EVERYONE at every price point.. and have them subscribed to your content.. you're not going to limit yourself to a singular box that people have to adopt.  Those days are coming to an end.  The hardware was never the money maker to begin with.

Sony is NOT immune to the pressures and changes of the market.. and certain things are inevitable with current projections.  They are and will adopt, either sooner or later.. and it's in their interest to do it sooner, as I've said MS has a lot of headway here.

9 minutes ago, lynux3 said:

PS Now used to be on Samsung smart TVs, Blu-ray players, Vita/TV, etc. To me this just looks like Sony is going to be serious about creating a new and better application. PS Now is still available on PC so is anyone really surprised? No need to adapt or adopt, this has been in Sony's playbook since 2013 when it was announced at PlayStation Meeting.

Ps4 has NO games :D

1 minute ago, DynamiteCop! said:

Yeah but they went from expanse to dialing things back, I think Microsoft kind of lit a fire under their ass to get back into it. 

Doubtful. It's more like Google lit a fire under Microsoft's ass while Sony sat back rolling in the dough from their 52% market share in game streaming.

Sony is looking pretty right now and it's not a secret that they've been monitoring the market and upgrading/planning infrastructure updates to their existing platform. For all we know Microsoft's service is still another year or more out.

Just now, lynux3 said:

Doubtful. It's more like Google lit a fire under Microsoft's ass while Sony sat back rolling in the dough from their 52% market share in game streaming.

Sony is looking pretty right now and it's not a secret that they've been monitoring the market and upgrading/planning infrastructure updates to their existing platform. For all we know Microsoft's service is still another year or more out.

PS BEST on XBOX :juggle:

6 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

His whole thing was that Sony wasn't going to do this because their systems sell and their games sell at $60... MS was doing it out of desperation and Sony wasn't. :D 

Any idiot could tell you that once you're able to open your potential market to EVERYONE at every price point.. and have them subscribed to your content.. you're not going to limit yourself to a singular box that people have to adopt.  Those days are coming to an end.  The hardware was never the money maker to begin with.

Sony is NOT immune to the pressures and changes of the market.. and certain things are inevitable with current projections.  They are and will adopt, either sooner or later.. and it's in their interest to do it sooner, as I've said MS has a lot of headway here.

The hardware profits itself isn't the money maker but the royalties of every game that sells on your platform and service most definitely is. I can 100% see PS Now moving to other devices (not other consoles) but PS Now still isnt even close to GP and what MS is doing with their actual first party being available day 1 on it and on non Xbox devices. We are a long way away from Sony having major first party titles not exclusive to a Sony box day 1. Long way away. If anything this gen further proved they don't need to do that, they broke their own sales record multiple times this year alone. 

4 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

The hardware profits itself isn't the money maker but the royalties of every game that sells on your platform and service most definitely is. I can 100% see PS Now moving to other devices (not other consoles) but PS Now still isnt even close to GP and what MS is doing with their actual first party being available day 1 on it and on non Xbox devices. We are a long way away from Sony having major first party titles not exclusive to a Sony box day 1. Long way away. If anything this gen further proved they don't need to do that, they broke their own sales record multiple times this year alone. 

You kind of sound like Aza right now, not outright denying but still speaking a bit ahead of yourself. The PS5 could launch with this stuff going on and first party game releases from day one, it's a bit too forthright for you to be saying this. I mean we're all aware this won't replace dedicated hardware for quite some time, dedicated hardware will still sell a ton but I can't see Sony letting their competitor come out of the gates with all these new games available on day one and then Sony saying "Oh here's some PS4 games from three years ago and a bunch of PS3 games"...

That won't fly, they either have to be in or they're out. 

Edited by DynamiteCop!