I'm going to set up an appointment for Lasik

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Maybe you'll finally see that the Xbox is trash.

I'll be able to see the highest of high resolutions . Only on X 

These idiots suicided because their eye surgery didn't take. Somehow I get the feeling they had bigger problems than their eyes

its funny how clueless the general public is when it comes to vision, everyone thinks that once you start seeing with some trouble its an immediate sign you need glasses or surgery. Eyes are muslces just like the rest of your body, they can become weaker and stronger depending how you use them. Anyone with -10 can get their vision to perfect if they work on that. Theres lots of literature available , such as Bates method on that.

1 hour ago, HolyAx said:

But of course the modern man is too preoccupied with the screens theres always an excuse not to put effort into the eye correction.

sounds like voodoo mumbo jumbo.  You're probably right but aren't there vision issues related to the eyeball itself as opposed to the ocular muscles?  Why would you need a laser to adjust your eye muscles?  And laser eye surgery has proven to work and I don't understand how performing eye muscle exercises would help if it's an actual problem with the eyeball that requires some type of surgery.   I might be missing something.. would have to read up on it.

Edited by S#$@%^i
4 hours ago, HolyAx said:

Yeah, its a risky thing, people can have dry eyes for years after this. Theres loads of horrible stories so you should try and fix your vising naturally. I did that with the eyebright mixture and eye training.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Dr-Christopher-Herbal-Eyebright-Formula/dp/B000S86VC0/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1546080706&sr=8-1-fkmr0&keywords=eyebright+dr+schulze

Also this doesn't look legit.  Sorry.  Who knows what's in that eye juice but I doubt it would hurt your eyes.  Still, am I gonna drop some eye juice bought from the internet into my eye?  What if it's acid? lmao..  So what can those drops possibly do to our eyeballs to correct vision?  Then doing eye muscle exercises and training? what? lol

I've had LASIK.  It's incredibly worth it.  The only side effect I've had about a year on is there's a slight haloing effect around lights when i'm in the dark, but I have to actively look for them to even notice them.  Otherwise, it's perfect vision.  Take my advice, though: stock up on preservative-free eye drops.  Buy a shitload of them.  They'll give you antibiotic and steroid drops for the first week or so, but after that, you're going to want to use these just about every morning for a few months until your eyes fully heal up.

BTW, the procedure is terrifying depending on the type you get.  I had the kind where they peel the flap back and laser the lens directly.  It heals faster, but there's a risk that the flap might get torn off if a stray fingernail hits it at the right angle.  The other kind doesn't pull the flap back, but it takes months for the better vision to kick in.

3 hours ago, HolyAx said:

its funny how clueless the general public is when it comes to vision, everyone thinks that once you start seeing with some trouble its an immediate sign you need glasses or surgery. Eyes are muslces just like the rest of your body, they can become weaker and stronger depending how you use them. Anyone with -10 can get their vision to perfect if they work on that. Theres lots of literature available , such as Bates method on that.

No you can't . 

18 minutes ago, McWicked said:

I've had LASIK.  It's incredibly worth it.  The only side effect I've had about a year on is there's a slight haloing effect around lights when i'm in the dark, but I have to actively look for them to even notice them.  Otherwise, it's perfect vision.  Take my advice, though: stock up on preservative-free eye drops.  Buy a shitload of them.  They'll give you antibiotic and steroid drops for the first week or so, but after that, you're going to want to use these just about every morning for a few months until your eyes fully heal up.

BTW, the procedure is terrifying depending on the type you get.  I had the kind where they peel the flap back and laser the lens directly.  It heals faster, but there's a risk that the flap might get torn off if a stray fingernail hits it at the right angle.  The other kind doesn't pull the flap back, but it takes months for the better vision to kick in.

I can't imagine just waking up and being able to see . Or have to worry about losing a contact or being fucked if I get stuck somewhere etc.  

Ill see what they recommended

3 hours ago, Ike said:

The Daily Mail :ben:

If you can get your insurance to cover some of it, I don’t see any reason not to do it. 

I don't think insurance covers any but idk . I'm willing to pay cash if it means I can wake up and see .

11 minutes ago, Jon2B said:

I don't think insurance covers any but idk . I'm willing to pay cash if it means I can wake up and see .

If you're vision is really poor and it's affecting your life negatively, or even try to make a case for it interfering with work and they may just cover the whole thing. It's worth looking into a bit.

i will get glasses when i need them. the thought of putting contact lens on my eyes scares me already. lol no way i gonna let people fuck around with my eye balls.

16 minutes ago, Jon2B said:

My friend wore glasses his entire life, he always had poor vision and needed them just to function. He got lasik last year and hasn't needed glasses since, it's something to seriously consider.

• Sad 1
7 minutes ago, Ike said:

If you're vision is really poor and it's affecting your life negatively, or even try to make a case for it interfering with work and they may just cover the whole thing. It's worth looking into a bit.

I guess I can give it a shot but while my eyes are terrible they are 100 percent corrected with contacts or glasses 

4 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

My friend wore glasses his entire life, he always had poor vision and needed them just to function. He got lasik last year and hasn't needed glasses since, it's something to seriously consider.

Yeah I know a couple that got it and said it was life-changing . I'ma set up a appointment after New year's .

5 hours ago, S#$@%^i said:

sounds like voodoo mumbo jumbo.  You're probably right but aren't there vision issues related to the eyeball itself as opposed to the ocular muscles?  Why would you need a laser to adjust your eye muscles?  And laser eye surgery has proven to work and I don't understand how performing eye muscle exercises would help if it's an actual problem with the eyeball that requires some type of surgery.   I might be missing something.. would have to read up on it.

Its pretty straighforward on how it works. Read this https://www.amazon.com/Bates-Method-Better-Eyesight-ebook/dp/B004WJR80U It all runs down to how much time you want to spend on recovery (I saw results after like 2 months). Whats also rucial is to live in a place which has some sunlight, so youre pretty fucked if you live in the North somewhere, where you cant see the sun for months.

4 hours ago, S#$@%^i said:

Also this doesn't look legit.  Sorry.  Who knows what's in that eye juice but I doubt it would hurt your eyes.  Still, am I gonna drop some eye juice bought from the internet into my eye?  What if it's acid? lmao..  So what can those drops possibly do to our eyeballs to correct vision?  Then doing eye muscle exercises and training? what? lol

Lol I got that years ago, and it works as I used it for months until I got a much stronger formula (which burns your eyes, but its actually important, read on it to see why Dr.Shulze/Dr.Chirstophers eyebright). I  havent used it for years since I dont really need it to see better.

3 hours ago, Jon2B said:

I can't imagine just waking up and being able to see . Or have to worry about losing a contact or being fucked if I get stuck somewhere etc.  

Ill see what they recommended

First thing they had me do when they finished the procedure was sit up and look at a clock on the wall to tell the time.  Eyes were a bit aggravated, but I didn't have any trouble doing it.  I drove myself back to the doc the next day for the 24 hour checkup without much problem.