PS4 has now sold through 91.6m as of Dec 31 2018 (+ more info)

Just now, madmaltese said:

As an account logged in to PSN in that given month. If Yes then it is a MAU. 

It's not complicated.

Even less complicated is seeing a giant jump in that number after massive game releases like RDR2, COD, Spiderman. Even other previously major releases like GoW make an impact because many regular ppl wait till BF or Christmas to buy games. 

So effectually 5 accounts could be logged into on a single device and it would count as 5 active users.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ps4 is the best system since the ps2. Simply incredible  

Thread already derailed right from the start    

I signed up for a SEPARATE Sony account just for my music, dawg!

29 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

Then there's PS Video, PS Music etc. All of those things probably account for at least 10 million users. Where would that other growth have come from? You don't go from 74 million to 90 million users with only a 6 million jump in system sales...

You're trying too hard. Just accept that PSN has 90m MAUs and call it a day. PlayStation 4 has sold 91.6m units.

1 minute ago, DynamiteCop! said:

So effectually 5 accounts could be logged into on a single device and it would count as 5 active users.

If they are logging in to a PSN every month then yes. Believe it or not there is many single units with actual multiple active users. 

You continue to try to minimise the number by bringing out these incredible tiny proportion of situation to a gigantic number. You're trying to pass this as 1 person having 5 diff accounts that he is somehow logging into all 5 when sales and trophies are tied to singular accounts. The main reason ppl did this was for different region store fronts and again that number is so tiny it's laughable to mention when we are talking about a system with 91.6m units sold and PSN obviously also including those still gaming on PS3. 

Just now, madmaltese said:

If they are logging in to a PSN every month then yes. Believe it or not there is many single units with actual multiple active users. 

You continue to try to minimise the number by bringing out these incredible tiny proportion of situation to a gigantic number. You're trying to pass this as 1 person having 5 diff accounts that he is somehow logging into all 5 when sales and trophies are tied to singular accounts. The main reason ppl did this was for different region store fronts and again that number is so tiny it's laughable to mention when we are talking about a system with 91.6m units sold and PSN obviously also including those still gaming on PS3. 

I'm not so convinced it's that much of an abnormality especially on a platform like PlayStation, a very global oriented platform. I have three accounts just so I can play foreign games, accounts are non-transferrable outside of your region. This isn't the same on Xbox, you simply change your region in the system settings and boom it's set for another region with your existing account. So it's a very multifaceted equation as to how users are calculated.

2 minutes ago, lynux3 said:

Let's just say that if this was Xbox Live there wouldn't even be a question.

Sure it would, Microsoft doesn't gauge users the same and as I pointed out above their systems work differently in terms of account requirements. Were you even aware of the region locking that exists on PlayStation but does not exist on Xbox?

Edited by DynamiteCop!
1 minute ago, DynamiteCop! said:

I'm not so convinced it's that much of an abnormality especially on a platform like PlayStation, a very global oriented platform. I have three accounts just so I can play foreign games, accounts are non-transferrable outside of your region. This isn't the same on Xbox, you simply change your region in the system settings and boom it's set for another region with your existing account. So it's a very multifaceted equation as to how users are calculated.

You only need to login to buy the game on PS4 then have it as your primary ps4 for that account and you can play it on your main account which is why I'm saying the number is incredibly tiny because it is only logging in on the very rare occasion they are buying something from a foreign store. 

I'm pretty much done with this convo though because it's embarrassing the lengths you're going to to try and minimise the number. Believe what you what, it's not like facts have ever changed your mind before. 

8 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

Sure it would, Microsoft doesn't gauge users the same and as I pointed out above their systems work differently in terms of account requirements. Were you even aware of the region locking that exists on PlayStation but does not exist on Xbox?

I am aware, but you're trying way too hard to make it look like every PlayStation owner has separate accounts because your first attempt (Vue, PS Now, Video, etc.) failed; and now you're claiming to have insight on how Sony and Microsoft measure what a Monthly Active User is. Please enlighten as to what the process for these metrics are from both companies.

Edited by lynux3
1 hour ago, DynamiteCop! said:

Damn you are dumb dude... Like unequivocally moronic.

• January: 239,000
  • February: 279,000
  • March: 299,000
  • April: 132,000
  • May: 145,000
  • June: 240,000
  • July: 152,000
  • August: 165,000
  • September: 175,000
  • October: 212,000
  • November: 1,340,000
  • December: 1 million+

seriously kill yourself :hest:

1) The Dec numbers aren't known as yet, let's just wait before counting that 1 million.   It most likely will be close to a mill or slightly over a million.... but counting a guess as an official number is premature. 

2) Xbox only sold 600K in the UK this year (yes I know that's not the entire of Europe but it was Xbox's 2nd largest market) 

3) Xbox only sold 16K in Japan this year and only around 105K in 5 years. 

Xbox is either really close to 40 million or decimal points over 40 million... it's all within that range. 

PS4 more than doubled Xbox1 WW and Switch will surpass XBox1's 6 year total in only 2.5 years (this year) :mickey:

Edited by Goukosan

People asking why a 2019 PS5 makes sense, they are already almost at 100 million a major saturation point and...

"Compared to Holiday 2017

Hardware: -5%
Software: -9%

Sales from end of 2017 to July 22, 2018: 7.6M / 81.2M LTD
Sales from July 23, 2018 to November 18, 2018: 4.8M / 86M LTD
Holiday sales 2018: 5.6M / 91.6M LTD

Non holiday 2017 sales: 14.3M
Non holiday 2018 sales: 12.4M (-13%)"

4 minutes ago, Team 2019 said:

People asking why a 2019 PS5 makes sense, they are already almost at 100 million a major saturation point and...

7 minutes ago, Team 2019 said:

2018 was its 2nd best selling year for PS4.   Those comparisons are between the highest year (2017).

2018 was higher than every other year, 2019 launch makes no sense.:bena:

DwWd3_6XQAEqcw0?format=png&name=900x900

4 hours ago, DynamiteCop! said:

Damn you are dumb dude... Like unequivocally moronic.

• January: 239,000
  • February: 279,000
  • March: 299,000
  • April: 132,000
  • May: 145,000
  • June: 240,000
  • July: 152,000
  • August: 165,000
  • September: 175,000
  • October: 212,000
  • November: 1,340,000
  • December: 1 million+

seriously kill yourself :hest:

And, once again you just proved that the XBO barely scrapped 4 million...................and still reaches short of 40 million.

:tom:

• Remij locked this topic