Metroid Prime has some of the worst controls in the FPS genre, period...

i'm sure MP hasn't aged well (in terms of controls). heck, there was even a bit of a learning curve then. however, it's still a FPA. 

there's lots of shooting in plenty of platformers or action-adventure games, yet they aren't considered shooters. 

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yeah, whereas you adapted and unintentionally found out you have no gag reflex.

Wait a minute   @Quad Damage Come in here.   Looks like Dynocrap decided that its okay to be.........."weird"

3 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

You can't even handle criticism of a 17 year old game so you have to divert to current platforms. Your brain is fucked. 

You can't even find a game to play on your current platform, so you have to find diversion in a 17 year old game.......and then you WHINE about it.

Whose brain is fucked?

1 minute ago, -GD- said:

i'm sure MP hasn't aged well (in terms of controls). heck, there was even a bit of a learning curve then. however, it's still a FPA. 

there's lots of shooting in plenty of platformers or action-adventure games, yet they aren't considered shooters. 

The bulk of the game is shooting, let's just say that for the parts of the game where you're traversing the environment and/or have to play it as an FPS that it controls poorly.

1 minute ago, DynamiteCop! said:

The bulk of the game is shooting, let's just say that for the parts of the game where you're traversing the environment and/or have to play it as an FPS that it controls poorly.

then you are playing it wrong. the bulk of it is exploring. 

5 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

No it isn't, the bulk of the game is exploration, puzzle solving, and jumping.

By your logic, since Samus shoots her gun plenty of times in the 2D Metroid............you are now saying that THOSE games are shooters.

Man, those NES/SNES Metroid made for some sorry-ass first person shooters, lemme tell ya.

13 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

Using Dyno's logic Red Dead 2 is clearly a third person shooter.....

Which would also make it one of the worst 3rd person shooters around. 

It's like y'all are intentionally being obtuse and dumb as fuck on purpose.... The controls for the game in general are pure shit bar when you're in ball form, for exploration they're shit, for shooting they're shit, for puzzles and scanning they're shit. 

You guys are so hung up on a title it's unreal... It's single joystick control in a first person game, one which requires key movement, traversal and shooting, it's fucked.

This 12 year old post is on point...

Xdv86aB.png

You think that the genre somehow defines the mechanics and function of the game, let alone its controls. Call it whatever the fuck you want, it controls like trash. You fucking mongoloids are trying to scapegoat bad controls on a technicality, you're literal autists. 

Edited by DynamiteCop!
33 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

It's like y'all are intentionally being obtuse and dumb as fuck on purpose.... The controls for the game in general are pure shit bar when you're in ball form, for exploration they're shit, for shooting they're shit, for puzzles and scanning they're shit. 

You guys are so hung up on a title it's unreal... It's single joystick control in a first person game, one which requires key movement, traversal and shooting, it's fucked.

This 12 year old post is on point...

Xdv86aB.png

You think that the genre somehow defines the mechanics and function of the game, let alone its controls. Call it whatever the fuck you want, it controls like trash. You fucking mongoloids are trying to scapegoat bad controls on a technicality, you're literal autists. 

Haven't you been going on about Quad bumping and remember 'old' posts and you flop out this fucking 12 year old post from Gamespot. Holy fucking shit :hest: 

Well if BigDizz from 12 years ago says so how can we argue :D You are one strange dude.

• Haha 1
Just now, madmaltese said:

Haven't you been going on about Quad bumping and remember 'old' posts and you flop out this fucking 12 year old post from Gamespot. Holy fucking shit :hest: 

Well if BigDizz from 12 years ago says so how can we argue :D You are one strange dude.

It was like one of the first google results about the controls, and I'm not alone. Also the same excuses used here were being peddled back then which is hilarious. 

Just now, DynamiteCop! said:

It was like one of the first google results about the controls, and I'm not alone. Also the same excuses used here were being peddled back then which is hilarious. 

LMAO you're googling to find other random ppl to agree with you like that somehow means something. Yeah, you're not the first moron to call MP a fps, you also won't be the last. Congrats on that. 

Just now, madmaltese said:

LMAO you're googling to find other random ppl to agree with you like that somehow means something. Yeah, you're not the first moron to call MP a fps, you also won't be the last. Congrats on that. 

Well excuses as in none of you idiots address the glaring issues with the controls and instead devolve into a debate on semantics. That's exactly what happened on GS, no one addresses the clear problems with the controls FPS or not and default to genre moniker bitching.

Absolutely gutless wonders with nothing to say...

1 minute ago, DynamiteCop! said:

Well excuses as in none of you idiots address the glaring issues with the controls and instead devolve into a debate on semantics. That's exactly what happened on GS, no one addresses the clear problems with the controls FPS or not and default to genre moniker bitching.

Absolutely gutless wonders with nothing to say...

You're the one that continued to enforce it's a fps when it isn't, hence we kept telling you you were wrong.

I had no problem with the controls when I played it and I'm someone that has a lot of problem with the game (and MP2 even more so). I'm not going to replay it now and bitch about it's controls. 

Yeah it's an old game with a shit control scheme.

Kinda like how RE4 was but that didn't stop people from liking it.

But yeah, games like that were meant to be enjoyed back when they were brand new.

Same thing with the first RE game.

I got the RE collection for my One X and I really tried to enjoy RE1 but it's hard to adapt. At least, in that game you  are not meant to shoot at everything.

RE4 though. :pffft:

1 hour ago, DynamiteCop! said:

The shit semantics to scapegoat control criticism...

It's still a first person shooter...

"Metroid Prime is a first-person action- adventure game developed by Retro Studios and Nintendo for the GameCube video game console ..." 

3 hours ago, madmaltese said:

kMGUcFs.png

• Haha 2