MS buying many more studios

1 minute ago, jehurey said:

Wait a minute, we've now lowered the bar from "rumored to be purchasing" down to "rumored to be NEGOTIATING"?

:snoop:

It's a rumor dumbo . 

I don't even know half of those so of course expectations are low and even if they are bought I'm sure the games will still be on ps4 as well 

Just now, Jon2B said:

It's a rumor dumbo . 

I don't even know half of those so of course expectations are low and even if they are bought I'm sure the games will still be on ps4 as well 

If the expectations are so low, then why make the thread?

Was this..............supposed to make the lemmings look good?

You literally just did this:

Just now, Jon2B said:

If you don't like the thread , don't post in it .

It's a rumor and I made a thread , no need to flip out over it , dumbo 

Me asking questions is just.......me asking questions. Nothing more.

Guess I got as much info as I will probably get.

Io - Hitman is already basically a service game with the elusive targets and escalation contracts, so they seem like a good match for what Microsoft is doing. Io made a pretty big deal about going independent, though, and they're doing well enough at it to open a new studio. Would be a bit surprising.

Relic - They're owned by Sega and it seems a bit weird to have Relic sold off piece meal. If the rumor was Relic and Creative Assembly I'd probably believe it a bit more. Relic is in Vancouver while CA is in England, so maybe they'd just be after a local developer.

Platinum - lol

Bluepoint - Crimson Skies remaster plox.

Who cares about the rest

2 hours ago, jehurey said:

Wait a minute, we've now lowered the bar from "rumored to be purchasing" down to "rumored to be NEGOTIATING"?

:snoop:

Rumored to be negotiating is better than the other one.  Rumored to be purchasing is vague.  They have now made formal introductions and both companies are now negotiating the sale.  When we specify negotiating it implies that we are in the process of purchasing.  Didn't think it was that complicated.   We know what MS is doing and they'll get what they want. 

Sony and Nintendo don't want to do it so Microsoft is mopping up and will have this massive collection of studios under Gamepass.  It will be the Netflix of gaming.   Don't worry, you'll still get to play them but for a monthly fee.  Microsoft's war chest is not to be underestimated.

8 minutes ago, S#$@%^i said:

Rumored to be negotiating is better than the other one.  Rumored to be purchasing is vague.  They have now made formal introductions and both companies are now negotiating the sale.  When we specify negotiating it implies that we are in the process of purchasing.  Didn't think it was that complicated.   We know what MS is doing and they'll get what they want. 

Doubtful.

Rumored to negotiate probably means sending an unsolicited request to the owners of the studio to see if they are willing to sell.

Any business owner would at least LISTEN. That meets the definition of "negotiating."

• Haha 2
  • Remij locked this topic