Next gen XBox might not have disc at all, using One S Discless to test consumer reaction

This will result in the next Xbox not selling as much hardware, because no-disc drive versus the Playstation having more flexibility is going to be a deal-breaker for alot of people.

It doesn't matter if the average person is buying more digital games these days. People want to have that ability. Redbox is still a thing, Gamefly is still a thing.

Using Steam PC gamers as an EXAMPLE for justify this is reaching, at best.

Gamers can access the files on their hard drive, They can make backups (easily). As the years went on, Steam became more trustworthy. its a giant service that will never shutdown.

All PC games works since the modern-age of graphic acceleration and Intel/AMD processors. You're PC could melt into goo RIGHT NOW, and you don't have to worry about your Steam library, it will always be there.  And people don't have to pay an annual fee for that.

Not saying that Microsoft isn't able to FORCE people into that transition...........but they're gonna pay in the form of lower console sales. We're not talking about slow Xbox sales during Years 3 and 4. We're talking about Xbox losing customers beginning on DAY ONE.

Developers are going to react if they see Xbox numbers start out REEEEEALLY slow.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

all next gen consoles will be discless, this isnt even worth discussing. Disc media is fucking dead. 

1 minute ago, Team 2019 said:

Brad Sams has been the key MS leaker for Scarlett and next gen. Its clear here that MS is willing to gamble here, he even points this out. 

Yeah because fuck everything right?

Let's just throw all of our good will out the window. Backward compatibility? Fuck that shit, let's just axe it. Xbox One support? Fuck the Xbox One and all of its games, no one is playing shit unless its new and from us. All those 4K Blurays you bought? Buy a player bitch because they're worthless on our system. Oh you have bad internet? You have data caps? Well fuck you!

This is so ridiculous I can't even take it seriously...

I'm all up for MS to be the one experimenting with this. Tbh they are the only ones that can even risk it because they basically only have the US market and to a much lesser extent the UK. Markets that would be more accepting of this. This simple just wouldn't be an option for most ppl WW. 

4 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

Tbh they are the only ones that can even risk it because they basically only have the US market and to a much lesser extent the UK. Markets that would be more accepting of this. This simple just wouldn't be an option for most ppl WW. 

They've sold 25 million in the US, and 5 million in the UK. That leaves 12-15 million systems outside of those those two countries so I will never for the life of me understand these kind of backhanded pure bullshit statements. 

Edited by DynamiteCop!
Just now, DynamiteCop! said:

They've sold 25 million in the US, and 5 million in the UK. That leaves 12-15 million systems outside of those those two countries so I will never for the life of me understand these kind of backhanded pure bullshit statements. 

That's mostly the same XBox core buyer than would buy an MS branded Wii U. They're on lock regardless. 

1 minute ago, DynamiteCop! said:

So the 2 regions I mentioned are near 2-3x the rest of the planet (2x if you believe your made up numbers, 3x if it's the current most known number of just over 40m). Thanks for confirming my point. 

6 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

So the 2 regions I mentioned are near 2-3x the rest of the planet (2x if you believe your made up numbers, 3x if it's the current most known number of just over 40m). Thanks for confirming my point. 

What is wrong with your fucking brain? My made up numbers? That's its effective range based upon what Zhuge and IHS said. You dumb assholes do nothing but try to downplay and diminish.

they basically only have the US market and to a much lesser extent the UK.

That's a farce, it's false, it's a bald faced lie and you people continue to push it. 28% to 35% of their market exists outside of the US and UK, as long as you keep saying stupid shit I'm going to call you on it.

Edited by DynamiteCop!

What is wrong with your fucking brain? My made up numbers? That's its effective range based upon what Zhuge and IHS said. You dumb assholes do nothing but try to downplay and diminish.

they basically only have the US market and to a much lesser extent the UK.

That's a farce, it's false, it's a bald faced lie and you people continue to push it. As long as you keep saying stupid shit I'm going to call you on it.

The US (and Latin America) and UK are without a doubt the Xbox markets, you can keep crying about it all you want. 

Feel free to show me other EU, asian, etc markets where XBox and it's games regularly chart.

2 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

The US (and Latin America) and UK are without a doubt the Xbox markets, you can keep crying about it all you want. 

Feel free to show me other EU, asian, etc markets where XBox and it's games regularly chart.

I don't have to which is the brilliance of it all, we don't know what those other markets are or how strong they are independent of each other, but what we do know is that they total 1/3 of the whole which is nothing to scoff at.

You can't just write off Xbox as US and UK when 1/3 of their market is neither, that's willingness in stupidity. 

Edited by DynamiteCop!
2 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

I don't have to which is the brilliance of it all, we don't know what those other markets are or how strong they are independent of each other, but what we do know is that they total 1/3 of the whole which is nothing to scoff at.

In other words you can't because they don't exist.

When 2 regions (1 literally being a single country) account for 66% (at least) of WW sales then those 2 regions are called your market you dumbass.

A country/region not being your market doesn't mean it sells zero there.

9 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

In other words you can't because they don't exist.

When 2 regions (1 literally being a single country) account for 66% (at least) of WW sales then those 2 regions are called your market you dumbass.

A country/region not being your market doesn't mean it sells zero there.

It means they have a global market whether you want to delusionally deny it or not. No one knows how that 12-15 million breaks down, no one in our position anyway. It's basically a way to be dismissive of Xbox on the world stage when in fact it does sell globally and for some reason that bothers you people. You're lumping in the UK with the US for crying out loud as a means of masking its global standing, you're about as transparent as a sheet of ice. The US is like 55-59% while the rest of the world is 45-41%. 

You're just sour people, you're rotten impish individuals who try to negatively skew things. This thread and the responses say it all, it's just inconceivably dumb but that doesn't stop any of you from putting it out there.

Edited by DynamiteCop!

Brad Sams a filthy Microsoft shilling faggot. Annoying as fuck too.

Micropenis is currently trying as hard as possible to sell Xbox Game Pass in its DICE Summit 2019 speech right now and no one seems to give a fuck. :mj: The fact that they're focusing on a subscription based model for gaming supports the theory that the next Xbox will have, at the very least, a SKU with no disc drive. Not to mention that they're basically following Sony's lead when it comes to PlayStation Now and 5G. Microsoft is easily one of the least forward thinking and biggest followers of any industry they're in. What a terrible company. :puke:

It means they have a global market whether you want to delusionally deny it or not. No one knows how that 12-15 million breaks down, no one in our position anyway. It's basically a way to be dismissive of Xbox on the world stage when in fact it does sell globally and for some reason that bothers you people. You're lumping in the UK with the US for crying out loud as a means of masking its global standing, you're about as transparent as a sheet of ice. The US is like 55-59% while the rest of the world is 45-41%. 

You're just sour people, you're rotten impish individuals who try to negatively skew things. 

The irony of you accusing ppl of 'negatively skewing things' after spending I don't know how long negatively skewing records breaking announcements from Sony and Nintendo is beyond hilarious :tom:

I've seen you use Vgchartz before as a resource so for eg let's have a quick look. Now VGChartz is absolute ass in regards to actual numbers but that's not what we are looking at, let's look at market share per region.

Most recent week hardware. Xbox sold 88K WW: 51K US, 24.5K Europe (of which the mountain share would be UK). So even if we only account for 50% of EU sales being UK, that is about 63-65 out of 88K WW from the 2 regions I mentioned. Thats approx 75%. That's your market you moron :D It's not fucking complicated.

Sony meanwhile (same week used): 17% US, 36% Europe, 33% Japan, 14% ROW.

Nintendo: 23% US, 18% EU, 46% Japan, 13 ROW. 

That's what a WW market looks like moron.

If you make a product and it sells 75% to 18-31 year olds and 25% to every other age your market is 18-31 year olds.....

The disproportion of how smart you think you are vs how smart you really are is beyond human measuring techniques. 

7 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

The irony of you accusing ppl of 'negatively skewing things' after spending I don't know how long negatively skewing records breaking announcements from Sony and Nintendo is beyond hilarious :tom:

I've seen you use Vgchartz before as a resource so for eg let's have a quick look. Now VGChartz is absolute ass in regards to actual numbers but that's not what we are looking at, let's look at market share per region.

Most recent week hardware. Xbox sold 88K WW: 51K US, 24.5K Europe (of which the mountain share would be UK). So even if we only account for 50% of EU sales being UK, that is about 63-65 out of 88K WW from the 2 regions I mentioned. Thats approx 75%. That's your market you moron :D It's not fucking complicated.

Sony meanwhile (same week used): 17% US, 36% Europe, 33% Japan, 14% ROW.

Nintendo: 23% US, 18% EU, 46% Japan, 13 ROW. 

That's what a WW market looks like moron.

If you make a product and it sells 75% to 18-31 year olds and 25% to every other age your market is 18-31 year olds.....

The disproportion of how smart you think you are vs how smart you really are is beyond human measuring techniques. 

I don't use VGChartz, their numbers are not based upon anything really until corrected and even then that doesn't mean they change anything, they use a predictive algorithm.

You're confusing market with target market, they have no target market, their target is everywhere and everyone. 

Edited by DynamiteCop!

I don't use VGChartz, their numbers are not based upon anything really until corrected and even then that doesn't mean they change anything, they use a predictive algorithm.

You're confusing market with target market, they have no target market, their target is everywhere. 

If you think a discless Xbox is targeting everywhere (which is what this thread is about) then you're even more clueless than I imagined..... and that would really be saying something.

Just now, madmaltese said:

If you think a discless Xbox is targeting everywhere (which is what this thread is about) then you're even more clueless than I imagined..... and that would really be saying something.

It is, because there will be a disc based system as well. Are you illiterate? Have you not read what Remij and I have said?

Low IQ apes.