Crackdown 3: Explanation surrounding party support

15 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

This coming from a Smash advocate is hilarious, online problems out the ass. A beta helps with isolated stress testing but doesn't paint a picture for post-launch state.

Smash is leagues better this trash... you can't be serious :hehe:

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I just played my first game of wrecking zone and the destruction is fucking bonkers. 

Nope.  It's their job to test the waters and do this shit before release dummy.  You don't drop BASIC features that everyone expects because you need to test some more... you do the testing and get it

11 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

"the destruction isn't even impressive"

It's the largest scale destruction in any video game in existence, and it's doing it in multiplayer...

:sass2:

The Red Faction games were more impressive. You can actually bring down buildings in them, unlike in Crackdown 3 and its perfectly placed indestructible pillars. It happening in multiplayer is one thing ill give you that, but even then Battlefield's destruction is more visually appealing because its got more to its environments then just a bunch empty buildings with flat walls and floors (even if its not quite as physics based).

Edited by Twinblade
5 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

The Red Faction games were more impressive. You can actually bring down buildings in them, unlike in Crackdown 3 and its perfectly placed indestructible pillars. It happening in multiplayer is one thing ill give you that, but even then Battlefield's destruction is more visually appealing because its got more to its environments then just a bunch empty buildings with flat walls and floors (even if its not quite as physics based).

No... Crackdown 3's destruction is fucking awesome.  Stop this nonsense.  It's doing things on a far LARGER scale than Red Faction.  The visuals in those games are more impressive, but the AMOUNT of destruction in CD3 far surpasses both of them... and when it comes to taxing the CPU it's about the scale which makes it it harder for the CPU as destruction keeps ramping up.  In CD3 everything is destructible.  I was playing yesterday and buildings were coming down and I was blowing through walls to to fly through them and pursue enemies and there are physics flying around everywhere.

It's not simply about the visuals of the destruction.. it's the scale. 

10 minutes ago, Bodycount N said:

it's 5v5 team deathmatch with auto-lock :will2: fuck off

'3 million players' motherfucker you barely scraped 4000 units in the u.k

Ngage > Xbox

:kaz:

1 hour ago, DynamiteCop! said:

But they never do, people always put them off, or they don't care, or they forget the times, can't get home in time to play etc. 

They reach a fraction of post-launch load for a number of reasons. If this was a traditional game that would be one thing but they're in uncharted waters with the whole cloud infrastructure, no one has done this before. 

I don't think you guys are really grasping the gravity of what they've done here, they've offloaded geometric destruction to servers that's synced between every player in the game seamlessly. It's such an effective implementation on a first go that you can't even perceive latency between action and result. 

Having parties as part of this from the get go could have negative consequences that are too high to risk. You're not even trying to understand what the implications are if myself and a friend from say Australia try to join the same server. How is that going to affect the other players and latency? What kind of de-sync issues can result from not having localized match making? How is match making going to be parsed with people from completely different regions?

That's just one side of it but something I can already see being a big issue.

I truly believe other developers will want to take advantage of this technology in the near future.  Who do you think those third party devs will go see if they can get this working on a full scale infrastructure?  Oh I think they'll want to talk to Microsoft as being the leading industry experts.

So let this sink in.  If this technology does in fact become the future of gaming and Microsoft themselves pioneered the technology, then any game built around it automatically becomes Microsoft exclusive because sony and nintendo aren't allowed to use it.  It's owned by Microsoft.  The cloud software was built by Microsoft from the ground up.  Think about that everyone.  :juggle: If MS wants to allow other devices such as sony and nintendo to use it, they will have to pay immensely to Microsoft.  So who is actually losing this gaming console war exactly? 

Edited by S#$@%^i
2 hours ago, Remij_ said:

They should have pioneered a technology for online gaming along with the ability to play with your friends...

STOP FUCKING MAKING EXCUSES DUDE.

I'd just like to point out, that your view point on any given thing at any given times changes with the wind depending on who it's affecting and who it involves.  You're really fucking hypocritical when it comes to shit..  You don't even realize it.  You aren't consistent in your views AT ALL. 

OMG. .you're angry about the implementation of THE GAME launching this new technology.  It doesn't matter what scores CD3 gets or the fact that you're upset about the missing feature.  The fact remains that many gaming companies might want to use this technology in future iterations of their games.  I'm pretty sure Rockstar would be interested for their GTA and RDR worlds.  What happens if one of their next games is built on that specific technology?  The next GTA or RDR or other can no longer be played natively on Sony and Nintendo consoles don't support the infrastructure.  They will have to get temporary rights and MS will allow them to play those games on their consoles.

I'm sorry but you sound like a typical power user who complains about technology.  You don't grasp the required engineering  to build the infrastructure and actually having it succeed.  You sound like the user who cries but I WANT THAT TOO!!!! WAAAAA.. Sorry doesn't work that way.  It's not as easy as building a PC with existing parts.  You'll have to wait until other games use the technology to see the full implementation.  Crackdown 3 is quite the achievement however I do believe that we will see future iterations of this technology in other games.  MS just built some type of online gaming engine/infrastructure.  Who is their competitor? 

Edited by S#$@%^i
2 minutes ago, S#$@%^i said:

OMG. .you're angry about the implementation of THE GAME launching this new technology.  It doesn't matter what scores CD3 gets or the fact that you're upset about the missing feature.  The fact remains that many gaming companies might want to use this technology in future iterations of their games.  I'm pretty sure Rockstar would be interested for their GTA and RDR worlds.  What happens if one of their next games is built on that specific technology?  The next GTA or RDR or other can no longer be played natively on Sony and Nintendo consoles don't support the infrastructure.  They will have to get temporary rights and MS will allow them to play those games on their consoles.

I'm sorry but you sound like a typical power user who complains about technology.  You don't grasp the required engineering in building the infrastructure and actually having it succeed.  You sound like the user who cries but I WANT THAT TOO!!!! WAAAAA.. Sorry doesn't work that way.  It's not as easy as building a PC with existing parts.  You'll have to wait until other games use the technology to see the full implementation.  Crackdown 3 is quite the achievement however I do believe that we will see future iterations of this technology in other games.  MS just built some type of online gaming engine. 

Well they also patented cloud rendering which functions in tandem with native rendering on the client side. Big things are coming for sure.

Embodiments of the present invention split game processing and rendering between a client and a game server. A rendered video game image is received from a game server and combined with a rendered image generated by the game client to form a single video game image that is presented to a user. Control input is received by a client device and then communicated to a game server, potentially with some preprocessing, and is also consumed locally on the client, at least in part. An embodiment of the present invention processes and renders some or all of a character's interactions with game objects on the client device associated with the character. A character is associated with a client device when control input associated with the character is received from a user of the client device.

xvI482R.png

The game shipped without the ability to play with your friends .

The game flopped everywhere 

It barely looks better than a 360 game 

6 hour repetitive campaign 

Barren MP 

Why are people defending this ?

15 minutes ago, S#$@%^i said:

I'm sorry but you sound like a typical power user who complains about technology.  You don't grasp the required engineering to build the infrastructure and actually having it succeed.  You sound like the user who cries but I WANT THAT TOO!!!! WAAAAA.. Sorry doesn't work that way.  It's not as easy as building a PC with existing parts.  You'll have to wait until other games use the technology to see the full implementation.  Crackdown 3 is quite the achievement however I do believe that we will see future iterations of this technology in other games.  MS just built some type of online gaming engine/infrastructure.  Who is their competitor? 

lmao your shitty attempt to bait me with "you don't grasp the required engineering.." :hest: 

Spicoli.. stop talking.

21 minutes ago, Jon2B said:

The game shipped without the ability to play with your friends .

The game flopped everywhere 

It barely looks better than a 360 game 

6 hour repetitive campaign 

Barren MP 

Why are people defending this ?

nOAn0MZ.png&key=70bce1b671d55846ce527551

Loaded question. Not happening, bud.

• Haha 1