Crackdown 3: Explanation surrounding party support

8 minutes ago, S#$@%^i said:

They are keeping at as bare bones as possible.  They will add to it.  I'm sure they have mostly everything in place already.  They'll do it when they think it's right.  They are the engineers after all.

Pretty sure party matching is barebones, as well. Like I said, its not even something that happens during the match, its supposed to occur before the match. This is all happening on Xbox Live, this isn't some new network they're having to interface with.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I just played my first game of wrecking zone and the destruction is fucking bonkers. 

Nope.  It's their job to test the waters and do this shit before release dummy.  You don't drop BASIC features that everyone expects because you need to test some more... you do the testing and get it

1 minute ago, jehurey said:

Then deny those party members who will have sync issues. Clearly they must test every participant with connection latency prior to the match.

But at least give people the possibility that they can party up. Alot of people forming their own online party groups live within the same region.  If the guy from Czechoslovakia can't join us, too bad.

Maybe they're trying to work out another way around this so it can work, predictive algorithms, multiple servers working in tandem. I don't know, I'm sure they'll work it out but there's a lot to consider beyond "but muh party!"....

Just now, DynamiteCop! said:

Maybe they're trying to work out another way around this so it can work, predictive algorithms, multiple servers working in tandem. I don't know, I'm sure they'll work it out but there's a lot to consider beyond "but muh party!"....

Should have been considered before release.

6 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

Maybe they can implement what I just said at launch, and they can spend ALL THEY WANT on a solid workaround and then implement that in an update.

Why are you pretending that you don't know how video games are made?

Just now, Remij_ said:

Should have been considered before release.

Are you an engineer? Do you know the complexity of what they're dealing with and the nature of what could have gone wrong on the open internet to scale? I don't appear to know but you seem to.

There's some things you can't test for in a lab, some things isolated testing can't account for or deal with, situations that need to be field tested in the broadest scope possible. For all they know the whole system could have failed under release load as is. The Master Chief Collection was stable when tested in isolation, and look how that turned out. They thought it was fine and then boom, the whole system came crashing down when they hit release scale and that was just traditional multiplayer.  

This is a different animal with way more to account for, and clearly if they've got it running in isolation just a mere few days after release they already put in the work for it but simply held off. I trust the engineers who were able to do this more than the likes of a know it all armchair savant like yourself who has no real knowledge or understanding of what it takes to keep the clocks ticking. 

3 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

Are you an engineer? Do you know the complexity of what they're dealing with and the nature of what could have gone wrong on the open internet to scale? I don't appear to know but you seem to.

There's some things you can't test for in a lab, some things isolated testing can't account for or deal with, situations that need to be field tested in the broadest scope possible. For all they know the whole system could have failed under release load as is. The Master Chief Collection was stable when tested in isolation, and look how that turned out. They thought it was fine and then boom, the whole system came crashing down when they hit release scale and that was just traditional multiplayer.  

This is a different animal with way more to account for, and clearly if they've got it running in isolation just a mere few days after release they already put in the work for it but simply held off. I trust the engineers who were able to do this more than the likes of a know it all armchair savant like yourself who has no real knowledge or understanding of what it takes to keep the clocks ticking. 

Here's what I know.

I know that since they are actually talking about it, and have it in their "sand box" and have OBVIOUSLY had to work and design around it, they had to consider including it for launch or not... that it's possible.  This wasn't some NEW problem they just realized they had to deal with right before launch...

So, I know that since it's possible.. and they simply need more time... that they should have delayed the product and held off until it was complete.  Crackdown 3 Campaign could have launched before and Wrecking Fest later... in an actual acceptable state.  No party system in 2019 is unacceptable. PERIOD.

And finally, I know that it's absolutely pathetic and troublesome that we found out about this the way we did and when we did... RIGHT BEFORE LAUNCH.  Where was the communication?  People expect BASIC features in their MP games in 2019... they should have 100% been forthright about this and the problems they were supposedly having getting it to work before launch.. but they didn't.  Not a fucking peep from them.  It shows that they knew... and they were embarrassed about it.. and only mentioned right when they had to.

Completely laughable.. and pathetic.  There's no defending ANY of that shit.  And you, Dynamite, would absolutely crucify Nintendo or Sony if they had done this.  I FUCKING KNOW YOU WOULD.  Pure shit.

3 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

Here's what I know.

I know that since they are actually talking about it, and have it in their "sand box" and have OBVIOUSLY had to work and design around it, they had to consider including it for launch or not... that it's possible.  This wasn't some NEW problem they just realized they had to deal with right before launch...

So, I know that since it's possible.. and they simply need more time... that they should have delayed the product and held off until it was complete.  Crackdown 3 Campaign could have launched before and Wrecking Fest later... in an actual acceptable state.  No party system in 2019 is unacceptable. PERIOD.

And finally, I know that it's absolutely pathetic and troublesome that we found out about this the way we did and when we did... RIGHT BEFORE LAUNCH.  Where was the communication?  People expect BASIC features in their MP games in 2019... they should have 100% been forthright about this and the problems they were supposedly having getting it to work before launch.. but they didn't.  Not a fucking peep from them.  It shows that they knew... and they were embarrassed about it.. and only mentioned right when they had to.

Completely laughable.. and pathetic.  There's no defending ANY of that shit.  And you, Dynamite, would absolutely crucify Nintendo or Sony if they had done this.  I FUCKING KNOW YOU WOULD.  Pure shit.

I'd crucify Nintendo or Sony over this? Hell when you private messaged me 7 days ago what did I say when you brought this up?

EHPd9UC.png

I said exactly what I thought it was and that's exactly what it ended up being. This isn't some shock, I'm not a melodramatic entitled twat. I understand these things, certain shit takes time and I get that. Sea of Thieves for example, did you lambaste that game for being the way it was at launch? No, not by any stretch of the imagination. You like me understood they went as far as they could alone and that the game had to be crafted around the community and user feedback. 

This is a game that needed to launch in a barer state before they added seemingly simple features like party support because network stability checks demanded it. Why would they delay a game for something they had no intention of adding at launch regardless of release date? It was never intended to be there from day one, this is an intentional omission. 

13 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

I'd crucify Nintendo or Sony over this? Hell when you private messaged me 7 days ago what did I say when you brought this up?

I said exactly what I thought it was and that's exactly what it ended up being. This isn't some shock, I'm not a melodramatic entitled twat. I understand these things, certain shit takes time and I get that. Sea of Thieves for example, did you lambaste that game for being the way it was at launch? No, not by any stretch of the imagination. You like me understood they went as far as they could alone and that the game had to be crafted around the community and user feedback. 

This is a game that needed to launch in a barer state before they added seemingly simple features like party support because network stability checks demanded it. Why would they delay a game for something they had no intention of adding at launch regardless of release date? It was never intended to be there from day one, this is an intentional omission. 

You said that as a reason why the DEMO didn't support it... fuck off.  You expected it to have the feature just like everyone else did.

47076581632_e0b0b59e0e_o.png

You even say... "we can play if you end up getting it." meaning you expected the full game to have it too.. I've told you before that I thought the demo was like that to test the match making aspect... I never in 1 million years thought the game itself wouldn't have it at launch.

Come. the. fuck. on. breh... you're not trying to spin this shit acting like you expected it :D

1 minute ago, Remij_ said:

You said that as a reason why the DEMO didn't support it... fuck off.  You expected it to have the feature just like everyone else did.

47076581632_e0b0b59e0e_o.png

You even say... "we can play if you end up getting it." meaning you expected the full game to have it too.. I've told you before that I thought the demo was like that to test the match making aspect... I never in 1 million years thought the game itself wouldn't have it at launch.

Come. the. fuck. on. breh... you're not trying to spin this shit acting like you expected it :D

I said that under the assumption it would be there at launch based upon our interaction but nonetheless even before a peep had been mentioned about this I immediately guessed why it was happening. Your post conveyed to me this was just for the testing phase because that was your impression, and that translated to me so I didn't question it. 

It doesn't change anything I'm saying now, if the intent was risk aversion and streamlining rollout then I support it, and it was so I continue to. 

11 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

I said that under the assumption it would be there at launch based upon our interaction but nonetheless even before a peep had been mentioned about this I immediately guessed why it was happening. Your post conveyed to me this was just for the testing phase because that was your impression, and that translated to me so I didn't question it. 

It doesn't change anything I'm saying now, if the intent was risk aversion and streamlining rollout then I support it, and it was so I continue to. 

No you didn't guess why it was happening.. you guessed why the demo didn't include it... which was to be random to test the network... which is a normal thing for network tests to focus on.  You know why that's a normal thing to force tests on?  Because party system support being included is a given and people would automatically play the test with friends limiting the scope of the network test for match making...

It does change what you're saying now.. because you're trying to act like you said that because you knew this was a potential issue for them.  You had NO fucking idea until it was told to you... by ME in this fucking forum...

You're supporting it because it's a MS game and there's an excuse for you to use and latch onto.. so that's what you are doing, and you're doing it while insinuating that I don't have some common sense with which to understand the complexities of this release over other releases... except that's bullshit.  I'm not arguing that it's not complicated to sort out... I'm arguing that it should have been sorted out before the MP portion was even launched... because by the time they get that shit working... myself.. and almost everyone else will not give a fuck any more.

4 hours ago, DynamiteCop! said:

let me use your favorite line "Lazy Devs" :pffft:

10 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

Yes.. launching an incomplete game and not meeting deadlines.... "Lazy Devs"  :pffft:

The game was in development hell, people leaving, new people taking the game on, development switching course etc. That's not lazy, it's just a disastrous development cycle. Also it being "incomplete" is formed from choice, not lack of development. 

Edited by DynamiteCop!
45 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

The game was in development hell, people leaving, new people taking the game on, development switching course etc. That's not lazy, it's just a disastrous development cycle. Also it being "incomplete" is formed from choice, not lack of development. 

and all that spells out

l

a

z

y

d

e

v

s

:mj2:

3 hours ago, Goukosan said:

and all that spells out

l

a

z

y

d

e

v

s

:mj2:

Its amazing how Dynocrap makes excuses for developers of Xbox games, that he would never give the benefit of the doubt for other developers making games on other platforms.

And he then tries to turn around and say he has credibility on the subject of video games, and isn't biased. LOL