So you probably heard about the THQ AMA on 8chan thing

What is wrong with people :D They literally want them to be banned from making games lmao

I was absolutely going to buy Metro Exodus this weekend, that's not happening anymore.

I might pick up a used copy in a couple of years, but not a fucking dime of my cash is going towards THQNordic until there's a very viable regime change.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Your opinion doesn't mean shit, you're the Bodycount of PC as far as I'm concerned. 

you're too embarrassed to wear a green name LMFAO

It's like veganism. They go to a supermarket and buy the burger with a V on it instead of the other burger by another company multibillion dollar compan. Or go buy an apple pie and fries at Macdonald'

Posted Images

Its funny tho the same people who weren't going to buy Metro because it wasn't on steam were supposedly gonna buy it this weekend, until this happened . LMAO

I agree with them, you should read the shitty excuses developers and publishers are making up to conceal their being paid to keep PC games off of other platforms, it's pathetic.

Hello I want to provide a response to those who are understandably upset about Dangerous Driving not coming to the Steam Store and at least offer some explanation. I know it will not change people's minds but a few of you have asked 'why?' We have to date published 4 games on Steam and it was our intention that Dangerous Driving would also feature there.  However, we have reached the conclusion that for now at least it is not a viable platform for us. This is not us being anti-Steam as it is clearly a great platform for many. It is purely that, for many reasons (many of which we take responsibility for) our games have just not sold on this platform. This is why we have taken the chance to try something different. We appreciate the support we have had from those of you who did buy our games on Steam and we are sorry to disappoint you that Dangerous Driving will not be there.

Ugh, so your games don't sell well on Steam so you then choose the Epic Games Store as an alternative? Right... Also why wouldn't you release on both if you're concerned about sales?

It's a bunch of bullshit, people have right to be pissed. 

2 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

I agree with them, you should read the shitty excuses developers and publishers are making up to conceal their being paid to keep PC games off of other platforms, it's pathetic.

Hello I want to provide a response to those who are understandably upset about Dangerous Driving not coming to the Steam Store and at least offer some explanation. I know it will not change people's minds but a few of you have asked 'why?' We have to date published 4 games on Steam and it was our intention that Dangerous Driving would also feature there.  However, we have reached the conclusion that for now at least it is not a viable platform for us. This is not us being anti-Steam as it is clearly a great platform for many. It is purely that, for many reasons (many of which we take responsibility for) our games have just not sold on this platform. This is why we have taken the chance to try something different. We appreciate the support we have had from those of you who did buy our games on Steam and we are sorry to disappoint you that Dangerous Driving will not be there.

Ugh, so your games don't sell well on Steam so you then choose the Epic Games Store as an alternative? Right... Also why wouldn't you release on both if you're concerned about sales?

Speculation here, but Epic is probably tossing cash to a few of them in the hopes of boosting their own business and in the contractual agreement is NDA which precludes the Publisher/Developer from mentioning any specifics other than: "Previous attempts on the other platform were not financially viable".

2 minutes ago, Teh_Diplomat said:

Speculation here, but Epic is probably tossing cash to a few of them in the hopes of boosting their own business and in the contractual agreement is NDA which precludes the Publisher/Developer from mentioning any specifics other than: "Previous attempts on the other platform were not financially viable".

That's exactly what they're doing, they're selling out for compliance and control via a third party. It's stupid. If your game doesn't sell then make better games, don't try to offset your costs and fuck around the people who might actually consider buying your games. PC is supposed to be an open platform and this is just introducing gardened walls which force peoples hands if they want to enjoy their software. 

This shouldn't be supported, this is one thing the PC community should be giving a big fuck you to. 

Edited by DynamiteCop!
16 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

Your opinion doesn't mean shit, you're the Bodycount of PC as far as I'm concerned. 

But Metro is fantastic gaming :juggle:

You'll cave :mickey:

1 hour ago, Teh_Diplomat said:

The outrage brigade puttin' in overtime th_durr.gif 

It's like veganism. They go to a supermarket and buy the burger with a V on it instead of the other burger by another company multibillion dollar compan. Or go buy an apple pie and fries at Macdonald's thinking they are saving the world.

Edited by Team 2019
  • NPC 1
6 hours ago, DynamiteCop! said:

Uh.. yes... that's a perfectly valid reason to do what they are doing.  Their games aren't selling on Steam, and Epic is paying them to release on their store... AND they make MORE money per sale from EPIC... so releasing on both, would likely result in less money for them.

Just get the fuck over it and support the developers who make games you enjoy.  PC is an open platform and they are free to use whichever distribution method/provider/platform within...  It's people like YOU DynamiteCop who are separating and trying to divide PC gaming into different platforms.

Just now, Remij_ said:

Uh.. yes... that's a perfectly valid reason to do what they are doing.  Their games aren't selling on Steam, and Epic is paying them to release on their store... AND they make MORE money per sale from EPIC... so releasing on both, would likely result in less money for them.

Just get the fuck over it and support the developers who make games you enjoy.  PC is an open platform and they are free to use whichever distribution method/provider/platform within...  It's people like YOU DynamiteCop who are separating and trying to divide PC gaming into different platforms.

Oh get off it you beta wannabe PC gamer cuck, you're a god damn fraud if I've ever seen one. None of this is in the interest of PC gaming or PC gamers whatsoever. The only beneficiary in all of this is Epic, they're trying to force their store into existence not by providing a good product and service that stands on its own but rather by money hatting sellouts and taking advantage of lesser developers who feel they have no other choice. No one else does this, it's an abhorrent practice. Games exclusive to a platform on PC by way of financial coercion, that's absolutely pathetic.. 

You're actually trying to quantify this as being something that is okay... What is wrong with you? The logical thing to do is release everywhere, their game is made, this isn't funding development; this is removing options for consumers while lining pockets. It damages goodwill, it will damage their game sales in the long run, it tarnishes developer and publishers... There's nothing good about this.