Best graphics of the gen so far iyo

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Control is going to be the GameInformer  cover story for April             Really looking forward to this one.

1. Red Dead, clear winner. Better than anything, best graphics of the gen , only on X, native 4k 2. Metro Exodus (tie between X and PC) 3. Assassins Creed Odyssey (Id give the nod to X since

by a new video card , too many good games to be having a poo poo pc

I have to agree. The only reason I'm interested in quantum break is the art style. I love that sleek steril sci-fi style. 

30376137517_3e2eaab92e_o.png

Edited by kaz

Quantum break doesn’t look great in motion - stiff character animation and artifacts galore. 

For me, rdr2,  god of war, horizon, Detroit, uncharted LL and 4, ass creed odyssey 

Edited by -GD-

I'm playing Quantum Break right now and it does NOT look like that in motion at all. Also hasn't aged the best. Nearly anything I played late 2018 or all the major 2019 games have better gfx. 

Most of my choices have already been said and I appreciate them all for different ways.

RDR2 has moments when it really just looks and feels like the most alive living world ever. It's not 100% consistent because tbh a majority of the game when I'm actually completing missions I wasn't really ever awe struck to stop and look around (like I am in many other games) but there are certain times when exploring and just riding around where it is jaw dropping.

Metro Exodus on PC looks friggin unreal. But it's not just how good it looks but just how much graphics play apart of the atmosphere and are used for gaming elements. The game is brilliant because of how it uses it's HUD. No markers, or any artificial way to tell you the usual HUD elements (like objectives and direction etc). All these represented with incredible detail from things on your character, then when stuff like the dust fogs your mask, or it gets cracked or the insane gun detail. It all adds up to be a breathtaking game. 

Horizon Zero Dawn. For me, the best enemy designs I have ever seen. There are gifs of this game which are just insane and when I was battling the mechs especially ones like the Thunderjaw and the flying one it was an absolute marvel. It's issues are that npc models are ugly af and it's not consistent through out. 

Ori and the Blind Forest. Holy fuck what a gorgeous game and looks even better in motion. Those world event segments are some of the most beautiful things I've ever seen.

But my no.1 is God of War and for one very simple reason. Firstly it is just continuously jaw dropping and has some of the most amazing direction in a game ever made. It also has zero loading and has the one shot feature. But the main reason it is number 1 for me is that It's done something I have never seen in a game before and a moment which imo took gaming another step up for what it can do. The segment is spoiler heavy so I will be vague but there is a 10min or so scene where Kratos does not speak a word yet every bit of emotion just radiated through the screen unlike I have ever experienced. Usually we get amazing voice performances, beautiful scores in games but imo we have never had the facial features and emotional level purely conveyed from such a graphical aspect. It was as powerful as any acting performance. Only GoW has done that imo. Till that's beat, it remains no.1 for me.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

I'm playing Quantum Break right now and it does NOT look like that in motion at all. Also hasn't aged the best. Nearly anything I played late 2018 or all the major 2019 games have better gfx. 

Ori and the Blind Forest. Holy fuck what a gorgeous game and looks even better in motion. Those world event segments are some of the most beautiful things I've ever seen.

Quantum Break looks great, but it does have ghosting issues with its reconstruction, and to a lesser degree even without reconstruction.  That said, I still think it's a very nice looking game.. for being 3 years old and designed around Xbox One hardware.

This is what it looks like on my PC: (Ignore the Nvidia watermark, it was sent in to be used on their site)

43535230540_ddb2518991_o.png

With Quantum Break I use Reshade to sharpen the image a bit, since it's a bit soft normally imo.

Where Quantum Break fails though, is in it's gameplay animations and some technical jankiness.. like for example when you do the melee attack when using the speed run ability... often the camera will shake back and forth like it's almost getting stuck on something lol.

The effects work is quite stunning at times though.  If you're still early into the game, some of the later levels are simply gorgeous.

I've always liked QB... even though I recognize it has some real flaws.  I'm so excited though for Control.  The engine is capable, and it looks to be really interesting and go crazy with the physics.  And it could possibly be the new standout with Ray Tracing even over Metro.  They're using RT for almost everything.  Reflections, shadows, lighting, occlusion, effects.  So yea.. B) 

2 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

Quantum Break looks great, but it does have ghosting issues with its reconstruction, and to a lesser degree even without reconstruction.  That said, I still think it's a very nice looking game.. for being 3 years old and designed around Xbox One hardware.

This is what it looks like on my PC: (Ignore the Nvidia watermark, it was sent in to be used on their site)

43535230540_ddb2518991_o.png

With Quantum Break I use Reshade to sharpen the image a bit, since it's a bit soft normally imo.

Where Quantum Break fails though, is in it's gameplay animations and some technical jankiness.. like for example when you do the melee attack when using the speed run ability... often the camera will shake back and forth like it's almost getting stuck on something lol.

The effects work is quite stunning at times though.  If you're still early into the game, some of the later levels are simply gorgeous.

I've always liked QB... even though I recognize it has some real flaws.  I'm so excited though for Control.  The engine is capable, and it looks to be really interesting and go crazy with the physics.  And it could possibly be the new standout with Ray Tracing even over Metro.  They're using RT for almost everything.  Reflections, shadows, lighting, occlusion, effects.  So yea.. B) 

Yeah I'm still early and getting new abilities so have not seen everything the game has to offer. It looks fine but I wouldn't mention it in 'best gfx this gen' discussion imo because in motion it doesn't look as great as the screens that Dyno posted. The screens that dyno posted even look significantly better than that one from your beast PC. 

Also character models, especially facial features have just come such a long way since QB imo. Detroit absolutely destroys them.

1 minute ago, madmaltese said:

Yeah I'm still early and getting new abilities so have not seen everything the game has to offer. It looks fine but I wouldn't mention it in 'best gfx this gen' discussion imo because in motion it doesn't look as great as the screens that Dyno posted. The screens that dyno posted even look significantly better than that one from your beast PC. 

Also character models, especially facial features have just come such a long way since QB imo. Detroit absolutely destroys them.

I'm not sure what makes you think the screens Dynamite posted are so much better.  I mean, outside of being more interesting, they're quite a bit blurrier, and the film grain effect is on, where I turned it off.  Because that's what those areas of the game do look like.

But I agree... it's not in the running along side the best of the best.  But it's good for a 2016 game.

1 minute ago, Remij_ said:

I'm not sure what makes you think the screens Dynamite posted are so much better.  I mean, outside of being more interesting, they're quite a bit blurrier, and the film grain effect is on, where I turned it off.  Because that's what those areas of the game do look like.

But I agree... it's not in the running along side the best of the best.  But it's good for a 2016 game.

Maybe just the specific moments are better, but yeah they definitely are grainy which makes them look less jaggy and better imo. Didn't know that was an effect 

But yeah I agree, would've looked great for the time but with the level of graphics that have come since then in numerous games not even mentioned here, QB is miles behind now.