Google is making a traditional console (Rumour)

https://www.resetera.com/threads/so-google-is-making-a-console-to-compete-with-nintendo-sony-and-microsoft.104439/

• Screenshot of the UI from a dev kit
  • (we knew this already) Two pillars: streaming and a traditional home console, codename Metallurgy
  • Exclusive games using known IPs, funded by Google
  • Designed so games developed for the console will translate easily to streaming service
  • Streaming service will launch before the hardware
  • Currently planning two consoles, one weaker ("Steel") and one stronger ("Titanium")
    • "Steel" could be dropped because of production costs
    • "Titanium" is more powerful than Xbox One X
    • Sleep mode
  • Developers supporting the Google console:
    • Ubisoft
    • SEGA (major revivals)
    • Google's own first-party
18 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

RIP Sony and Nintendo

Google looks to be doing exactly what Microsoft is, Microsoft's foresight is way stronger. Sony and Nintendo are disconnected from reality. 

This shit is a kodak moment.  Ninty and Sony can't focus on the future cause they're too busy raking in all the rewards from past ideas. 

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, Alphonse said:

This shit is a kodak moment.  Ninty and Sony can't focus on the future cause they're too busy raking in all the rewards from past ideas. 

Everyone has been saying this for years, that Sony and Nintendo are too stuck in the archaic roots of gaming and that Microsoft is playing the long game... and here we are. 

1 minute ago, DynamiteCop! said:

Everyone has been saying this for years, that Sony and Nintendo are too stuck in the archaic roots of gaming and that Microsoft is playing the long game... and here we are. 

Microsoft and Google can also afford this strategy, I don't think Sony can. 

1 minute ago, DynamiteCop! said:

No way in hell they can, they're a moon, Google and MIcrosoft are a solar system. 

The way I see the future is ninty being a third party dev for phones and cloud systems and Sony probably being bought out by a company like Samsung or Amazon. 

1 minute ago, Alphonse said:

The way I see the future is ninty being a third party dev for phones and cloud systems and Sony probably being bought out by a company like Samsung or Amazon. 

I have a similar view, they'll both continue to make software because there's a lot of money in that and phase out of the hardware business becoming entirely 3rd party. I doubt either will be acquired because they still pose great value in their software.

they'll never win japan so they'll never win the gaming industry. 1/3 of the major market is locked out to them.

the only non-japanese company with crossover appeal is apple. shit, i think they still use Yahoo in Japan instead of google.

this isn't a battle of who can shit out the cheapest box to stream games. gaming lives and dies on the strength of the ip you have behind your name. xbox was doing just fine when halo and gears were good, now they hold no weight and neither does xbox. Google starts at zero with even less ip than MS behind them.

Good luck, they need a killer app like Halo CE at the very least to succeed in this business. not gonna happen nowadays.

4 minutes ago, Bodycount N said:

they'll never win japan so they'll never win the gaming industry. 1/3 of the major market is locked out to them.

the only non-japanese company with crossover appeal is apple. shit, i think they still use Yahoo in Japan instead of google.

this isn't a battle of who can shit out the cheapest box to stream games. gaming lives and dies on the strength of the ip you have behind your name. xbox was doing just fine when halo and gears were good, now they hold no weight and neither does xbox. Google starts at zero with even less ip than MS behind them.

Good luck, they need a killer app like Halo CE at the very least to succeed in this business. not gonna happen nowadays.

You greatly underestimate how bad of a position Nintendo and Sony are in with all of this. Neither have the capital or infrastructure to fight this, they're kind of fucked and like Alphonse said they've been too focused on the past to prepare for the future.

How can you possibly compete against something you're incapable of following?

Edited by DynamiteCop!

Sony has built a worldwide renown HARDWARE brand that's 500 million units deep and has been established for 20+ years. :D 

Playstation is literally impenetrable at this point. they'll always be around. 

nintendo could flop again after switch, but the fanbase is so loyal and so rabid that it won't matter.

literally the only company here who stands to lose marketshare is once again MS. MS is these guys competition right? :rofl: 

5 minutes ago, Bodycount N said:

Google is head and shoulders the most popular search engine in Japan and Chrome is the most popular web browser, though Safari isn't that far behind.

Amazon is also hugely popular there and even surpassed the domestic online retailer in market share a couple years ago.

9 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

As I said in my first post, RIP Sony and Nintendo.

qhBTgJB.png

what's hilarious about this is you think what Google is doing will only have an effect on Sony and Nintendo..... while having ZERO EFFECT on MS.. lol:will:

Edited by Goukosan