• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Kaz, you're the alcoholic that went catatonic. 

Wouldn't you not want to see Dumbo, then?

real joker trailer

I read a comment on youtube earlier that said he's climbing the stairs to keep his sanity but at the end of the trailer he descends into madness. :bow: 

2 minutes ago, kaz said:

I read a comment on youtube earlier that said he's climbing the stairs to keep his sanity but at the end of the trailer he descends into madness. :bow: 

Yeah i noticed it was the same staircase, he climbs up it looking boring and plain.

But he dances down the stairs in costume, acting like he's on top of the world.

I'm shocked, fucking SHOCKED that the director who is making this was the guy who made those raunchy guy movies Road Trip and The Hangover.

However, I will say that people should check out War Dogs with Jonah Hill because that's very similar to Lord of War, and its quite dark. I could tell that he's getting better and more artistic as a director.

Also, apparently Martin Scorcese is an "Executive Producer" for this Joker movie. Which may mean that they asked him for advice about how to go about doing this and asked permission to borrow elements from King of Comedy.

I hear a complaint that some people don't want the Joker to have an origin story. And I can understand that.

I think that old lady that he is seen with, and is taking care of and is apparently visiting at Arkham, I think they want us to think that's his mother.........but the twist at the end of the movie will reveal that it isn't really his mother that he's been visiting, and his isn't who he says he is, and he's been fucked up for a long time.

21 minutes ago, -GD- said:

i'm ashamed to admit i've never seen this movie. apparently, it's incredible. 

i dunno if id go incredible, but def very good. late 70s-early 80s scorsese is cant miss

6 minutes ago, Quad Damage said:

i dunno if id go incredible, but def very good. late 70s-early 80s scorsese is cant miss

i've seen taxi driver and raging bull a shit load of times. i have no clue how i missed this. 

on a side note, one of my favorite deniro roles (possibly my favorite)

35 minutes ago, -GD- said:

i'm ashamed to admit i've never seen this movie. apparently, it's incredible. 

the trailer is boring as fuck but I will watch that shit this weekend. I don't care if you watch it or not, faggot. :-*

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, -GD- said:

i've seen taxi driver and raging bull a shit load of times. i have no clue how i missed this. 

what the fuck i've never seen that shit. I was born in 1991. young robert de niro looks weird as fuck. 

9 minutes ago, -GD- said:

it shares a lot of themes with taxi and bull too.

• Like 1
Just now, Quad Damage said:

now this shit is heresy

cape-fearjpg-57df779bfdb2c5d6.jpg

that scene was epic :D 

btw, de niro paid a dentist $5,000 to grind his teeth down to make him look more menacing. he was in his late 40's when he did that film and trained like a mofo to get jacked. 

I remember that movie but I never actually watched it. I was playing cs around that time so my older brother and father watched it and I was just in the room...

Yeah, many people speculated that DeNiro had to "sell out" somewhat in the late 90's because he had alot of businesses in his New York neighborhood, and he needed high-paying movie roles to help sustain it. So the quality of his movies dropped after Heat and Ronin.

But up until then, he was still hardcore as an actor, doing crazy stuff. He was well into his 40's and approaching 50.

27 minutes ago, jehurey said:

Yeah, many people speculated that DeNiro had to "sell out" somewhat in the late 90's because he had alot of businesses in his New York neighborhood, and he needed high-paying movie roles to help sustain it. So the quality of his movies dropped after Heat and Ronin.

But up until then, he was still hardcore as an actor, doing crazy stuff. He was well into his 40's and approaching 50.

one of my fav movies is heat but I didn't realize he's as old as he is in that movie. lol I think I should start watching old movies. (at least the ones with my fav actors).