Year over year compared to March 2018
Switch: +24%
Ps4: -29%
XB1: -26% 

YTD 2019 (Jan - March)  

NSW: 1.03M (+20%)
PS4: 730K (-25%)
XB1: 550K (-35%)

growth/decline compared to same point in time last year. 

Edited by Goukosan
  • Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nah everyone just preordered the digital only XBox in favour of the Switch.   Cause teh future.

This is why Aza's post about it not being too surprising is silly. Who the fuck is expecting the Switch in the middle of having fuck all for games to be pushing almost 400k? Outside of the Switch's la

Switch has no games but its still selling ! Owned guys ..guys you have been owned!

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, Team 2019 said:

Nothing to surprising tbh. Seems to be on par for course of the last month's, even down to YOYs and sales ratios.

Well.. it's only March and Switch has already sold basically 2X of what Xbox has and we still have 9 months left in the year. :monkas:

6 minutes ago, Nya` said:

The money saving is starting. 

I agree. Save money till next gen launches, you're way better of spending it on next gen games, services, hardware.

200 dollar 7nm Super Slims for this holiday season should do the trick, and just ride out the current gen for a few years in raking in the money.

Just now, Team 2019 said:

If PS5 is March 2020, PS4 sales don't even matter. MS and Sony will have to shitbin the Pro and X soon anyways as they are not viable. Pro revision is good expensive and pointless, while X is pointless in the face of Lockhart.

?

15 minutes ago, Nya` said:

The money saving is starting. 

7 minutes ago, Team 2019 said:

I agree. Save money till next gen launches, you're way better of spending it on next gen games, services, hardware.

People who are purchasing an Xbox1 and PS4 in 2019 are not the same type of person that is an early adopter....different demographic. 

These same 2019 buyers that waited almost 6 years to purchase those consoles will do the same next gen....purchase it years after launch.... 

As far as the early adopters.. they have already bought a console early this gen... and they will also purchase a next gen system early as well. 

7 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

People who are purchasing an Xbox1 and PS4 in 2019 are not the same type of person that is an early adopter....different demographic. 

These same 2019 buyers that waited almost 6 years to purchase those consoles will do the same next gen....purchase it years after launch.... 

As far as the early adopters.. they have already bought a console early this gen... and they will also purchase a next gen system early as well. 

The point is things are slowing in general, it's all winding down because a new generation is impending and being talked about openly. 

MS and Sony honestly this far into the gen only have the 200 triump card.with 7nm super slims, and if it works out for MS. 150 SAD model.

I don't think Sony will sell over 120 million lifetime.

This target audience will buy few games and rarely sub to online, especially with PS4 and free Fortnite online.

Zero point in aggressive pricing.

3 minutes ago, Team 2019 said:

MS and Sony honestly this far into the gen only have the 200 triump card.with 7nm super slims, and if it works out for MS. 150 SAD model.

I don't think Sony will sell over 120 million lifetime.

This target audience will buy few games and rarely sub to online, especially with PS4 and free Fortnite online.

Zero point in aggressive pricing.

With BC being a component of next gen I expect both of these systems to fall hard later this year. 

34 minutes ago, Nya` said:

?

Leak says 7nm Super Slim PS4 this holiday. Pro is not getting a slim version because it would take too much money for a revision, and manufacturing a new model. Which is actually what many people suspected.

Brad Sams confirmed the digital SAD we currently we have as a temp stand in, and we are getting a small box revision for it this holiday.

It's hard to predict right now, but the X probably won't get another major revision, and if the main theory of what Lockhart is true. The X also serves no purpose, even the SAD is much more marketable.and serves apurpose.

10 minutes ago, Nya` said:

With BC being a component of next gen I expect both of these systems to fall hard later this year. 

PS2 was really the first console with such a focus on BC, and I remember reading casuals thinking PS1 costs 130. PS2 costs 300. Wow I get a new console for 170! Stuff like that.

We haven't had a true BC to a super successful console in sometime. I think it will be a huge factor, even if it meant jackshit for say Wii U but that's because of was undesirable just by the virtue of being a Wii U.

25 minutes ago, Nya` said:

The point is things are slowing in general, it's all winding down because a new generation is impending and being talked about openly. 

its inevitable that things will slow down as the years go on....."Fall of the cliff" if you will. 

But pinning that solely on next gen being announced it a stretch... as I said above the people who are purchasing now are not early adopters.   They won't purchase a next gen system early anyways. 

Things are slowing down because these systems launched in 2013 its 2019 now.... they're almost at the saturation point... well PS4 at least. 

Edited by Goukosan
4 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

its inevitable that things will slow down as the years go on.....Fall of the cliff is you will. 

But pinning that solely on next gen being announced it a stretch... as I said above the people who are purchasing now are not early adopters.   They won't purchase a next gen system early anyways. 

Things are slowing down because these systems launched in 2013 its 2019 now.... they're almost at the saturation point... well PS4 at least. 

People holding out for a 200 Spiderman bundle aren't the target audience of the PS5 lol.

Also Nintendo is building a very strong audience to transfer for next gen with strong with current digital indie sales and line up if retail sales.

I can see it carry Nintendo with Switch 2 even if they have some fuck ups. Brand loyalty is strong and transferable unlike the Wii Sport idiots. Those people were a list cause.

Edited by Team 2019
30 minutes ago, Team 2019 said:

People holding out for a 200 Spiderman bundle aren't the target audience of the PS5 lol.

Also Nintendo is building a very strong audience to transfer for next gen with strong with current digital indie sales and line up if retail sales.

I can see it carry Nintendo with Switch 2 even if they have some fuck ups. Brand loyalty is strong and transferable unlike the Wii Sport idiots. Those people were a list cause.

The bolded part is exactly my point:really:

The Nintendo Switch is going to surpass the PS4 in sales in Japan within the next two weeks.

It'll get real close next week, but I think it will require the beginning days of May to pass it.  I thought it was going to need until the summer to accomplish that.

No wonder Nintendo dropped the slightly upgraded Switch model, they don't need it. They just need the smaller one because households are fixing to get 2nd Switches, possibly even 3rd Switcheswhen the mainline Pokemon games come out.

Edited by jehurey