March NPD Hardware results.

8 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

Why wait until April, I can shoot you down now.

#1 on Amazon in February

8QK9uez.png

#7 on NPD

aHjk93M.png

Except........I didn't count digital currency purchases.

Take a look at my original post where I clearly make that distinction.:tom: You couldn't even do that right.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nah everyone just preordered the digital only XBox in favour of the Switch.   Cause teh future.

This is why Aza's post about it not being too surprising is silly. Who the fuck is expecting the Switch in the middle of having fuck all for games to be pushing almost 400k? Outside of the Switch's la

Switch has no games but its still selling ! Owned guys ..guys you have been owned!

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, jehurey said:

Except........I didn't count digital currency purchases.

Take a look at my original post where I clearly make that distinction.:tom: You couldn't even do that right.

:sabu: Quiet, it's a dumb way to derive sales anything, I've learned and now you should. 

1 minute ago, DynamiteCop! said:

:sabu: Quiet, it's a dumb way to derive sales anything, I've learned and now you should. 

In other words, you clearly didn't see that, and just made an idiot out of yourself and are trying to laugh this all away.:jordan3:

Yeah, that's about par for the course. lol

Just now, jehurey said:

In other words, you clearly didn't see that, and just made an idiot out of yourself and are trying to laugh this all away.:jordan3:

Yeah, that's about par for the course. lol

No, using Amazon for regional/national sales is dumb, you're being dumb, you are dumb. 

1 minute ago, DynamiteCop! said:

No, using Amazon for regional/national sales is dumb, you're being dumb, you are dumb. 

How is Amazon US 'regional" :drake:

This idiot is losing argument, and just trying to run away to anything else he can possibly scrape up. LOL

59 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

Why wait until April, I can shoot you down now.

#1 on Amazon in February

8QK9uez.png

#7 on NPD

aHjk93M.png

DynamiteCop oh DynamiteCop. 

That NPD list you posted includes digital plus it combines all versions of a game across all platforms and lastly it is revenue based not unit based. 

The Amazon list is platform and title specific without combinations and its also unit based.   

I know math isn't your strong point... but damn son... 

What did the individual title unit based list look like for Feb NPD? :interesting:

Yes... Amazon doesn't represent what the entire retail VG market looks like..... but the methodology used by NPD is very different from that of Amazon. 

Edited by Goukosan
3 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

DynamiteCop oh DynamiteCop. 

That NPD list you posted includes digital plus it combines all versions of a game across all platforms and lastly it is revenue based not unit based. 

The Amazon list is platform and title specific without combinations and its also unit based.   

I know math isn't your strong point... but damn son... 

What did the individual title unit based list look like for Feb NPD? :interesting:

This would sound like some kind of slam dunk if you could derive all of that information individually (which you can't) so what ends up happening is both of you look like extreme idiots for setting up the proposition in the first place.

:shrug:

3 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

This would sound like some kind of slam dunk if you could derive all of that information individually (which you can't) so what ends up happening is both of you look like extreme idiots for setting up the proposition in the first place.

But you just admitted that you did it first.

So..........are you an idiot now, or previous back then?

This is like Schrodinger's Dumbass theory.:tom:

2 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

read my edited response. 

Never claimed Amazon was reliable for the entire Market.... Amazon only represents sales on Amazon. 

The public NPD release doesn't show individual title sales per platform anymore. 

But the leaked report normally lists the top 3 individual title, non combined unit sales. 

The whole point of me posting Amazon info was to A.) still show that Smash bros is selling, and b.) To show that MK11 may actually be selling higher on Switch than it is on Xbox, and that is why developers are trying to make Switch versions no matter how ludicrous lemmings seem to think of that idea.

Its happening because are looking to Switch to make up for lackluster Xbox sales of new multiplats coming out.

32 minutes ago, jehurey said:

The whole point of me posting Amazon info was to A.) still show that Smash bros is selling, and b.) To show that MK11 may actually be selling higher on Switch than it is on Xbox, and that is why developers are trying to make Switch versions no matter how ludicrous lemmings seem to think of that idea.

Its happening because are looking to Switch to make up for lackluster Xbox sales of new multiplats coming out.

There's not a sliver of a chance it is. 

4 minutes ago, jehurey said:

Yet here we have the Amazon sale's ranks ,and its not even close.

Doesn't matter.

Switch's digital market is unknown and likely quite small relative to its total and Xbox's digital makeup, also the Switch physical retail presence is much smaller than Xbox's so chances are higher people would purchase physically online.

In no way, shape or form do I think a game like this is selling better on Switch and you're using pre-order data from one online source to gauge the entire US market. You're being stupid.

Edited by DynamiteCop!

I'm sure MK will sell well on Switch. It's like the only big game switch has had this year .

The sheep are starving . They cant wait to play SubSD Kombat with the worst dpad ever made 

Just now, DynamiteCop! said:

Doesn't matter.

Switch's digital market is unknown and likely quite small relative to its total, also the Switch physical retail presence is much smaller than Xbox's so chances are higher people would purchase physically online.

In no way, shape or form do I think a game like this is selling better on Switch. 

That doesn't matter in the Amazon sales rank. At the very least, its definitely measuring interest in the game based on sku.

More than likely the Switch would have a higher percentage of digital sales than the Xbox version, because Xbox owners would probably be more inclined to trade the game back in. And people want to play it portable on the Switch, along with multiple games, and the easiest way to accomplish that is through having digital copies of games.