The new BFV map look pretty great

Just now, madmaltese said:

Would rumours of a BF (possible BF1942) remaster at E3 do anything for you?

He just said it needs to fuck off and die, not more battlefield :comicbookguy:

4 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

I'd take the rumoured BF: Bad Company 2 remaster at this point. 

• Upvote 1
7 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

Not really.  I'm just tired of EA war shooting games.

I'd love some other company to make a gritty war game with a focus on a good story and MP.  I'm just tired of the EA-ification of these games.  It's the same shit.

DUN DUN DUN DUNN DU DUN DUN DUNNNNNNNNN! 

No thanks, I'm good :roll: 

Would never happen but it would be an interesting tactic is EA give BF a break and reinvent the Medal of Honor franchise at the same time. Give it to another dev and make a dark, violent, Vitenam (or other underused war) game. So much can be done with that setting. Other than the fact you can focus a lot on jungle setting, close quarters, melee and the slow tension that can surround all that, you also get the opportunity to have quite heavy story elements since technically the US lost that war and you can touch on themes of conscription and so on. 

4 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

Would never happen but it would be an interesting tactic is EA give BF a break and reinvent the Medal of Honor franchise at the same time. Give it to another dev and make a dark, violent, Vitenam (or other underused war) game. So much can be done with that setting. Other than the fact you can focus a lot on jungle setting, close quarters, melee and the slow tension that can surround all that, you also get the opportunity to have quite heavy story elements since technically the US lost that war and you can touch on themes of conscription and so on. 

Plus, let's be honest, with the amount of detail in games, a lush jungle setting is now realistic - remember the foliage in Battlefield Vietnam? :scust:

However, that soundtrack = :glad: 

Spoiler

vietnam92-jpg.12444

The flora is certainly better in Rising Storm Vietnam - but I was never much a fan of the Rising Storm series, despite my love for games like Day of Defeat.

Spoiler

Rising%20Storm%202_%20Vietnam%20-%2003.j

33 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

Nostalgia can be a hell of drug ;) 

7 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

:D damn. Let's just say it definitely didn't look like that in my mind lol

:face:

• Haha 1
9 hours ago, Hot Sauce said:

64-player infantry only Strike at Karkand. :wata:

there was no karkand in 1942 and tbh infantry only on karkand in 2 was extremely overrated and.. boring. my fav in 1942 desert combat mod was el alamein. 

just one map, eh? i'm not reinstalling it. the map looks ok but the game has a serious content problem and i don't know how they think these frontlines operations and all that bullshit with recycled maps is a good idea.

Edited by kaz