Brad Sams talks about his Xbox E3 predictions

1 minute ago, JONBpc said:

It would most likely be the same exact graphics , tech , etc just in a higher resolution. 

If both do exist that would be its entire point, whatever Anaconda is doing at 4K Lockhart would be doing at 1080p.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It seems like Sony is trying to stay alive with a 1080p current gen console   

So many retarded comments in this thread now.

My hype is slowly increasing for this E3 thanks to MS. They truly are just fascinating to watch atm. Plus in a future streaming war between MS, Google and Amazon, I definitely would want MS to win.

10 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

Makes no sense lol...

"Hey this game doesn't have a perfect framerate at this 1440p'ish resolution on the Pro, let's disable system super-sampling and play at 1080p"

"Best on Pro, at 1080p"

:hest: Idiot

he's now trying to play stupid for a second time:

It seems like Sony is trying to stay alive

I love it when he tries to act like he doesn't know what I'm talking about.

7 minutes ago, JONBpc said:

Same game , same graphics,  you dont think the version in 4k will look better ? Rofl 

LOL, this guy is also trying to pretend that he doesn't understand the point of my post.

Microsoft was trying to sell 4K just 18 months ago...........and now they are DESPERATELY PLANNING on staying alive in the hardware market by selling a 1080p box, because nobody trusts in the Microsoft platform to plunk down another $500 on them ever again.

Here comes more shoulder shrugging.:shrug:

Just now, jehurey said:

LOL, this guy is also trying to pretend that he doesn't understand the point of my post.

Microsoft was trying to sell 4K just 18 months ago...........and now they are DESPERATELY PLANNING on staying alive in the hardware market by selling a 1080p box, because nobody trusts in the Microsoft platform to plunk down another $500 on them ever again.

Oh you meant THAT, gotcha. 

Well it seems Sony is trying to stay alive by partnering with Microsoft for cloud streaming and Azure because they can't do it alone. 

--

Microsoft making a push for 4K doesn't mean they up and abandon the 1080p market. Guess what, they're still making and marketing the Xbox One S aren't they? Yep.

2 minutes ago, jehurey said:

So what do you expect the expensive version to sell ? None ? 

Nobody trusts them ? Lol . You're an idiot .

17 minutes ago, JONBpc said:

It would most likely be the same exact graphics , tech , etc just in a higher resolution. 

Yeah except that just sounds ghetto. Especially with the resolution marketing of current.

I wonder though if it has no disc drive like Sam's suggests, doesn't that go against the appeal of BC to transfer old users. E3 is so close it almost feels like speculating is a bit pointless, will make sense when we get the whole picture.

20 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

Oh you meant THAT, gotcha. 

Well it seems Sony is trying to stay alive by partnering with Microsoft for cloud streaming and Azure because they can't do it alone. 

--

Microsoft making a push for 4K doesn't mean they up and abandon the 1080p market. Guess what, they're still making and marketing the Xbox One S aren't they? Yep.

Sure, the 100+ million console winner is definitely trying to stay alive.............by signing a deal that the Playstation team wasn't even aware about. Yeah, definitely shows how desperate they are about the future of their gaming division.

That's definitely makes the setup to your comeback make sense. LOL

You coulda fooled me with them making their push for gaming.........its not like they've shown any actual exclusives for those pieces of hardware you just talked about.

20 minutes ago, JONBpc said:

So what do you expect the expensive version to sell ? None ? 

Nobody trusts them ? Lol . You're an idiot .

Yeah, I expect it to sell quite badly.

The people who want high graphics for Halo and Gears...............can now do it on the PC.

The people who don't care, didn't spend $500 on the XBX the first time around, they sure as hell aren't spending $500 for an Xbox console that leaks already point out is not as powerful as the PS5.

The 4K Next-gen Xbox is probably going to sell proportionally worse than the XBX did compared to OG XBO/XBOS

Yeah, mos' definitely.

Edited by jehurey
1 minute ago, jehurey said:

Sure, the 100+ million console winner is definitely trying to stay alive.............by signing a deal that the Playstation team wasn't even aware about. Yeah, definitely shows how desperate they are about the future of their gaming division.

You coulda fooled me with them making their push for gaming.........its not like they've shown any actual exclusives for those pieces of hardware you just talked about.

Sony corporate calling shots and brokering deals that not only undermine but are over the head of the PlayStation division is a tell all. Selling 100 million consoles doesn't mean anything when the prospect of that medium is vanishing by the day. 

They know where things are heading and made a large decision to protect the brand going into the future. They know consoles are going to cease to exist, Microsoft ironically is going to be their savior. 

3 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

Sony corporate calling shots and brokering deals that not only undermine but are over the head of the PlayStation division is a tell all. Selling 100 million consoles doesn't mean anything when the prospect of that medium is vanishing by the day. 

They know where things are heading and made a large decision to protect the brand going into the future. They know consoles are going to cease to exist, Microsoft ironically is going to be their savior. 

Is this guy serious, does PlayStation 5 die before or after Switch stops selling? :kaz:

2 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

No, its probably a lateral move that has absolutely nothing to do with their gaming division.

By your logic..............the deal also called for Sony providing Microsoft with imaging technology and AI, I guess that means Microsoft is desperate for assistance in game development.

This deal has no bearing on the future of Playstation. They probably are renting out Azure server space for as cheap or cheaper than what they were paying at AWS.

I love making you try to make you labor to make your bullshit fit, because its so easy to break it apart. LOL

13 minutes ago, Team 2019 said:

Yeah except that just sounds ghetto. Especially with the resolution marketing of current.

I wonder though if it has no disc drive like Sam's suggests, doesn't that go against the appeal of BC to transfer old users. E3 is so close it almost feels like speculating is a bit pointless, will make sense when we get the whole picture.

Then people can buy the other one . 

3 minutes ago, jehurey said:

This deal has no bearing on the future of Playstation.

That's bullshit and you know it.  They've already said that this deal is to further their mutual gaming ambitions... 

12 minutes ago, jehurey said:

Yeah, I expect it to sell quite badly.

The people who want high graphics for Halo and Gears...............can now do it on the PC.

The people who don't care, didn't spend $500 on the XBX the first time around, they sure as hell aren't spending $500 for an Xbox console that leaks already point out is not as powerful as the PS5.

The 4K Next-gen Xbox is probably going to sell proportionally worse than the XBX did compared to OG XBO/XBOS

Yeah, mos' definitely.

So nobody will buy it 

It's less powerful than ps5

500 dollar console buyers will spend 1000 plus on PC 

Gotcha 

Just now, Remij_ said:

That's bullshit and you know it.  They've already said that this deal is to further their mutual gaming ambitions... 

The PlayStation CEO also said their gaming partnership extends beyond just streaming. Whatever the fuck that means currently. Phil said they want to coexist rather than go head to head in a zero sum back in 2018.

2 minutes ago, Team 2019 said:

The PlayStation CEO also said their gaming partnership extends beyond just streaming. Whatever the fuck that means currently. Phil said they want to coexist rather than go head to head in a zero sum back in 2018.

I think he/they are referring to streaming, cross-play as well as game development.  AI will play a huge role in game development in the future and it's very likely that they'll be using Azure datacenters to facilitate that.

2 minutes ago, lynux3 said:

So many retarded comments in this thread now.

I was considering locking it.  But maybe we can get back into actual discussions about xbox and playstation and not the snide remarking.

3 minutes ago, Team 2019 said:

Dynamite has cognitive dissonance, he can't decide if PS5 is fucked because of Anaconda and Lockhart, or if the whole hardware business is dying in the next few years.

The hardware business is dying. Microsoft knows it but they want to usher in a nice transition, Nintendo knows it and is already on record talking about the Nintendo experience absent of Nintendo hardware... Sony knows it too deepening their push, finances and efforts into the cloud...

They're all aware, Remij and I are aware, a lot people are but you guys seem to have no self-awareness. 

https://wccftech.com/playstation-5-beefier-hardware-could-help-indies/

From what we’ve seen so far, the clock speed of a Navi-equivalent GPU won’t be a massive amount faster than existing console hardware, but even a difference of, say, 10% to 15% in GPU compute power could mean a lot of smaller improvements across the board that lead to better-looking games. It would bring the console much closer to the heftier PCs we actually use to develop on, or the high-end gaming PCs that are reserved for gamers who invest thousands of dollars in their hobby.

I think we can put away the Gonzalo rumor of 1.8GHz clock speed.