Brad Sams talks about his Xbox E3 predictions

3 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

The hardware business is dying. Microsoft knows it but they want to usher in a nice transition, Nintendo knows it and is already on record talking about the Nintendo experience absent of Nintendo hardware... Sony knows it too deepening their push, finances and efforts into the cloud...

They're all aware, Remij and I are aware, a lot people are but you guys seem to have no self-awareness. 

They're going to co-exist next generation and the foreseeable future. Hardware isn't going away anytime soon.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It seems like Sony is trying to stay alive with a 1080p current gen console   

So many retarded comments in this thread now.

My hype is slowly increasing for this E3 thanks to MS. They truly are just fascinating to watch atm. Plus in a future streaming war between MS, Google and Amazon, I definitely would want MS to win.

1 minute ago, Team 2019 said:

Sounds like 9tflops to me.

That's the number that's been going around a lot lately. So if we take Navi's 1.25x IPC increase we're looking at ~11.3 TFLOPs compared to Vega.

Wonder if it can open up the possibility for $400. That should be Sony's key goal, take a $60 loss or something. But get it to 399.

With the CPU, the memory, the SSD stuff? Doubtful, extremely doubtful.

I think the baseline is going to be $500 as the norm, anything more expensive than that will be considered expensive. 

I'm leaning towards $499 myself. Reason being it's 7nm, GDDR6/HBM2, DDR4 for the OS, and the possibility of a custom storage solution (PlayStation only) next to an NVMe SSD (Both PlayStation and Xbox). Not to mention we don't really know what the next DualShock or Xbox controller will entail.

Edited by lynux3

Resetera dude says the Dualshock 5 will surprise people. I wonder if it can possibly split into a VR controller.

With the next generation PlayStation already being confirmed to support PlayStation VR right off the bat it's doubtful.

30 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

That's bullshit and you know it.  They've already said that this deal is to further their mutual gaming ambitions... 

No, its not bullshit.

It probably only furthers PS Now, but PS Now is not going to be replacing Playstation hardware unless A.) Playstation hardware sales start dropping at an alarming rate, or B.) PS Now subscriptions take off at a shocking rate.

I don't need to do anything more than look at your VR predictions to know that you aren't batting well in the prediction of gaming trends.

20 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

The hardware business is dying. Microsoft knows it but they want to usher in a nice transition, Nintendo knows it and is already on record talking about the Nintendo experience absent of Nintendo hardware... Sony knows it too deepening their push, finances and efforts into the cloud...

They're all aware, Remij and I are aware, a lot people are but you guys seem to have no self-awareness. 

Hardware business is dying for who?  :wonder:

PS4 is about to sell over 100 million and Switch is breaking records. 

You are conflating diversifying a business, expanding and leveraging popular IPs to be equal to hardware business is dying. 

2 minutes ago, jehurey said:

No, its not bullshit.

It probably only furthers PS Now, but PS Now is not going to be replacing Playstation hardware unless A.) Playstation hardware sales start dropping at an alarming rate, or B.) PS Now subscriptions take off at a shocking rate.

I don't need to do anything more than look at your VR predictions to know that you aren't batting well in the prediction of gaming trends.

It's complete bullshit fool :tom: 

And PS Now IS a part of the future of Playstation.  Sony LITERALLY just made a presentation about it.

Try again.

6 minutes ago, lynux3 said:

I'm leaning towards $499 myself. Reason being it's 7nm, GDDR6/HBM2, DDR4 for the OS, and the possibility of a custom storage solution (PlayStation only) next to an NVMe SSD (Both PlayStation and Xbox). Not to mention we don't really know what the next DualShock or Xbox controller will entail.

I think its $479, or $500 that comes with a pack-in of TLOU2.

And I think PS+ service will get tier in such a way in which you might need to pay annually for something else.  Maybe PS Online is $40 a year but PS+ Free games are $40-$60 a year sold separately.

If they don't innovative with the Dualshock 5 it would be a very big mistake.

Asymmetrical sticks, it needs to happen. They need to give up the "we don't want to make something similar to Xbox" nonsense, it's clear what people like and want. 

Edited by DynamiteCop!
1 minute ago, Remij_ said:

It's complete bullshit fool :tom: 

And PS Now IS a part of the future of Playstation.  Sony LITERALLY just made a presentation about it.

Try again.

Why are you trying to make a semantics argument, when you know exactly what I am talking about.

You don't see Mark Cerny speak, at-length, about the features of PS Now do you?

Because that has no bearing on the Playstation hardware team's long term projects.

PS Now is like Sony selling PS Vue, it has just as much bearing on the Playstation hardware team. Which is to say, next-to-nothing.

Just now, jehurey said:

Why are you trying to make a semantics argument, when you know exactly what I am talking about.

You don't see Mark Cerny speak, at-length, about the features of PS Now do you?

Because that has no bearing on the Playstation hardware team's long term projects.

PS Now is like Sony selling PS Vue, it has just as much bearing on the Playstation hardware team. Which is to say, next-to-nothing.

And yet the Playstation team was STUNNED to learn about it...  Seems like it does affect them.

And there's no semantics argument... You said the future of Playstation... well, sorry to break it to you... but the future of Playstation involves streaming... and their dealings with MS will affect that.

Next time... say what you actually mean.

1 minute ago, DynamiteCop! said:

Asymmetrical sticks, it needs to happen. They need to give up the "we don't want to make something similar to Xbox" nonsense, it's clear what people like and want. 

LOL this guy thinks Sony goes around trying to be different than the Xbox?

Sony isn't being anything other than themselves, if anything they've re-captured their PS2-era mojo.

Sony doesn't have to change their gameplan at all, because it is working about as well as it has ever been.

Days Gone selling remarkably well is a sign that they are over-achieving.