The Official Stadia Connect thread - Let's talk about it

6 minutes ago, Team 2019 said:

Maybe I understand it wrong, but streaming has an actual cost with no games. You're renting hardware.and a.lot of data

I see. You can have a Stadia account and then just purchase games through that for 1080p/60fps? The Pro subscription allows free games and the option to purchase games with 4K/60fps?

I don't know... I guess we'll find out soon enough.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I don't even know why you're in this thread. You don't even know what current gen is let alone next gen. 

23 minutes ago, lynux3 said:

I see. You can have a Stadia account and then just purchase games through that for 1080p/60fps? The Pro subscription allows free games and the option to purchase games with 4K/60fps?

I don't know... I guess we'll find out soon enough.

Yes. You need a "maintenance" sub to even use the hardware and games you own for 4K.

2 minutes ago, Team 2019 said:

Why, I'm surprised by this comment. :ben:

That post was based on something I was misunderstanding.

I got better information and now it's not as bad as I thought it was.

https://kotaku.com/google-stadia-pricing-leaks-will-have-both-subscriptio-1835294433

• There will be a base subscription available when Stadia launches in November, for $11.99 Canadian per month. This one will give you access to some Stadia games at 4K resolution/60FPS.
  • Other games—newer ones, especially—you’ll have to buy.
  • In 2020, Google will launch a “Stadia Base” model that’s totally free, but only allows you to play games at 1080p resolution.
  • A pricey Stadia Founder’s Edition will be for sale this fall ($169 Canadian) that includes a Chromecast Ultra, a Stadia controller, a three-month subscription, and Destiny 2 (which, as Kotaku revealed yesterday, will be on the platform at launch).
  • Doom, Assassin’s Creed Odyssey, the new Tomb Raider trilogy, and The Division 2 are also part of the Stadia launch lineup.

1 minute ago, Goukosan said:

this is launching this year... getting a year head start on MS and Sony. 

Google is premiering a lot of 3rd party games that would have premiered at MS's conference.. lol

Joke post? PlayStation Now has been available for years. 

5 minutes ago, ghostz said:

Hm, I have a regular chromecast, will thay work? Would be nice to have a use for it as I prefer my firestick/roku

Ohh so the truth comes out... you do own a chrome cast :leo:

Stadia shits on Apple Arcade btw :rofls:

• Remij locked and unlocked this topic