The Official Stadia Connect thread - Let's talk about it

5 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

Cleaned the thread up.  Please gentlemen, let's keep the topic about Stadia and streaming and not Apple vs Android.  Thanks.

Good. I thought you were going to keep this locked. I need to be able to bump this a year from now. :face: 

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I don't even know why you're in this thread. You don't even know what current gen is let alone next gen. 

1 minute ago, Team 2019 said:

Let's talk XCloud. Free streaming of all your XBox/PC games. Even from Steam with an MS app that confirms your purchase?

Microsoft would insta-beat Stadia if they:

1.) Allowed free streaming of any digital purchase you already own.

2.) Had a huge library from today to OG Xbox (ala PlayStation Now PS4/PS3/PS2).

3.) Games that aren't on Stadia (a given).

4.) Subscription only tier allows streaming and game downloads (ala PlayStation Now).

Yeah, no surprise there with ghost. that's partially me and Gouko's fault because we ass-raped him about Google beating Apple in AR in the phone thread, and you guys caught him while he was L-I-V-I-D pissed that he lost an argument, bigtime.

I haven't seen the Stadia thing, but the big thing i see is that they only mentioned like 6-7 major third party games and not much else? 

If they sell the games for full price, then the EA and Activision will eventually join. It probably helps them to keep a limited amount of games so that they can devote their servers on just those games at first.

Would I play AssCreed or Doom on streaming? No.

Would I play a small, addictive game that I can play in bits and pieces like Trials on multiple devices throughout the day? (assuming that lag isn't an issue) Yeah, I definitely might. I might buy the streaming version for $20 because I can play it across my phone during the game, come home and keep playing.

Jason Schreier

@jasonschreier

So, yes, now that it's official - this is the main reason I've been so skeptical of Google Stadia. A Netflix model would be one thing, but who's going to buy games on a streaming-only platform? Microsoft has a great opportunity here to blow Google out of the water with Game Pas

21 minutes ago, Team 2019 said:

The same thing is going to happen with xCloud.

Microsoft will probably try to hide it so that we don't see, but this will happen in your home, no one will be 100% immune from that.

5 minutes ago, jehurey said:

The same thing is going to happen with xCloud.

Microsoft will probably try to hide it so that we don't see, but this will happen in your home, no one will be 100% immune from that.

The issue is this from their own event making the whole thing a bigger joke.

2 minutes ago, Team 2019 said:

The issue is this from their own event making the whole thing a bigger joke.

It means that Google was running a real-world demonstration.

Hey, if you want Microsoft to lie to your face and set up a station that has a direct connection to a nearby Azure data center to ensure no blips in the data stream, then be my guest.

It is absolutely going to happen to every consumer in their home.  What good does a show-floor demo do for you?

There is a reason nobody cared about movie streaming until Netflix made a better business model of it. If you’re paying title by title then why pay for an inferior version? And charging $10 every month for a resolution bump :drake:

This will be about as successful as YouTube’s movie service. 

8 minutes ago, jehurey said:

It means that Google was running a real-world demonstration.

Hey, if you want Microsoft to lie to your face and set up a station that has a direct connection to a nearby Azure data center to ensure no blips in the data stream, then be my guest.

It is absolutely going to happen to every consumer in their home.  What good does a show-floor demo do for you?

MS's shit will be exactly the same. Now imagine 99% of people that play through a WiFi router. Or God forbid 4g.

20 minutes ago, Team 2019 said:

MS's shit will be exactly the same. Now imagine 99% of people that play through a WiFi router. Or God forbid 4g.

I've played with Geforce Now for a while and it never did anything close to this.  In fact, Geforce Now... now.. is actually incredibly smooth and high quality. 

3 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

I've played with Geforce Now for a while and it never did anything close to this.  In fact, Geforce Now... now.. is actually incredibly smooth and high quality. 

Well Google is fucking something up it seems. Maybe rushing it to launch to get ahead of the rest.

No way they demo XCloud live at E3. Why does Stadia suck so much? That seems absurd even by streaming standards. Maybe their actual hardware on the server side is bigger or something, or they messed up the Dev kits or something.

Cause Dusk seems to have framerate drops, not just streaming lag. At least I see it that way.