Matt Booty says he thinks Scarlett will be the most powerful console on the market

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

GameCube was a purple lunchbox while PS2 was used by Saddam to launch missiles. What did the average casual think was more powerful?

Some sheep thought switch was as powerful as xb1 lol lol 

Those flying games of the era always looked good because they were just models on basic ass textured backgrounds that looked good from afar. It was the same deal on the Ace Combat games   GC

The cows on this forums do not believe that MGS3 was more graphically impressive than the typical Gamecube games that are usually mentioned for best graphics in that gen.

No cow here is coming out to defend MGS3. They used their polygons on rendering all of that foliage, that was their main accomplishment.

1 minute ago, DynamiteCop! said:

I looking at both of them running right now, MGS2 looks worse.

:shrug:

Nah.  MGS2+3 look better than that forgettable trash.  FFX looks better than most shit on Gamecube.

Gamecube was more powerful, it just wasn't glaringly obvious because no fucking developers supported it.. 

GT4 and God of War 2 on PS2 looks better than most every GCN game..

3 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

Nah.  MGS2+3 look better than that forgettable trash.  FFX looks better than most shit on Gamecube.

Gamecube was more powerful, it just wasn't glaringly obvious because no fucking developers supported it.. 

GT4 and God of War 2 on PS2 looks better than most every GCN game..

Who cares, Xbox was better than both!

:haloben:

12 hours ago, jehurey said:

The cows on this forums do not believe that MGS3 was more graphically impressive than the typical Gamecube games that are usually mentioned for best graphics in that gen.

No cow here is coming out to defend MGS3. They used their polygons on rendering all of that foliage, that was their main accomplishment.

Talent. MGS2 shit all over whatever Silicon Knights did with Twin Snakes 3 years later on more powerful hardware. Hardware is a fraction of the equation.

Edited by Team 2019
12 hours ago, lynux3 said:

Lemmings are extremely disturbed hearing about PS5>XB. :D

It's a sign of commitment to the brand. The narrative was that Sony is becoming arrogant and MS is going to make a next gen comeback, the XBox crowd actually believes this. They are also going to be in a world of hurt when Sony starts committing to PS5 only exclusives to sell the hardware.

MS for the time being is releasing an XBox One X 2. Even Crapgamer doesn't want to buy that.

Edited by Team 2019

Platinum boss Atsushi Inaba unimpressed by PS5/Scarlett: "It's more of the same"

Asked for his reaction to the platform holders’ plans, Inaba said: “It’s OK. And by that I mean, I’m sure that things will move faster, graphics will be better and maybe it will be easier with less wait times… that’s good for the consumer.

“But it’s more of the same, quite frankly, compared to previous generations. It’s nothing that’s disruptive or super innovative, if you ask me.”

He added: “Game hardware used to be about custom chips that you couldn’t do on PCs. Now you look at it and they’re just grabbing stuff that already exists.

“The Switch, for example, is a Tegra which already existed and the other consoles are using very similar chips and graphics cards to what you see on PCs, but maybe slightly updated. None of it seems unique to that hardware anymore.”

“It’s hard to get excited about stuff that kind of already exists, but has been repurposed to a certain degree,” he said

I don't get this guy the whole point was more of the same for an easier transition.

Edited by Team 2019
26 minutes ago, Team 2019 said:

Platinum boss Atsushi Inaba unimpressed by PS5/Scarlett: "It's more of the same"

Asked for his reaction to the platform holders’ plans, Inaba said: “It’s OK. And by that I mean, I’m sure that things will move faster, graphics will be better and maybe it will be easier with less wait times… that’s good for the consumer.

“But it’s more of the same, quite frankly, compared to previous generations. It’s nothing that’s disruptive or super innovative, if you ask me.”

He added: “Game hardware used to be about custom chips that you couldn’t do on PCs. Now you look at it and they’re just grabbing stuff that already exists.

“The Switch, for example, is a Tegra which already existed and the other consoles are using very similar chips and graphics cards to what you see on PCs, but maybe slightly updated. None of it seems unique to that hardware anymore.”

“It’s hard to get excited about stuff that kind of already exists, but has been repurposed to a certain degree,” he said

I don't get this guy the whole point was more of the same for an easier transition.

He's getting eviscerated on Gaf. Too complex to develop for and they complain, too simple to develop for and they complain. They're a bunch of overgrown babies. 

38 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

He's getting eviscerated on Gaf. Too complex to develop for and they complain, too simple to develop for and they complain. They're a bunch of overgrown babies. 

The irony of his comment is that Bayonetta PS3 is arguably the most botched port of the PS360 gen.

19 hours ago, Goukosan said:

Metroid Prime at launch was leagues better looking than anything on PS2 and it ran at a locked 60fps on top of that too.

All you are doing is proving Aza's point that some people actually believed the PS2 was stronger..... even though a freaking launch game on GCN ended up looking better than the PS2's entire library :rofls:

Those flying games of the era always looked good because they were just models on basic ass textured backgrounds that looked good from afar. It was the same deal on the Ace Combat games

GC was definitely more powerful than PS2. But I think the only game to ever really reach GCs potential was RE4. Developers got some nutty mileage out of PS2. 

• Upvote 1
14 minutes ago, Voidler said:

Those flying games of the era always looked good because they were just models on basic ass textured backgrounds that looked good from afar. It was the same deal on the Ace Combat games

GC was definitely more powerful than PS2. But I think the only game to ever really reach GCs potential was RE4. Developers got some nutty mileage out of PS2. 

Actually no... Rouge Leader 2 was anything but basic ass models and low textures..... it was actually the opposite.  

Super high poly count and high res textures at 60fps. 

19 hours ago, Goukosan said:

:rofls:

Bro... Rouge Squadron did things at launch that was leagues ahead of PS2... you can't be serious right now. 

Watch DFs retro video on it.... they talk about Rouge from 18.37

Some key points form the video. 

"Now this is a technical tour de force" 

1) At the time on a CRT television the visuals were SHOCKINGLY FILM LIKE,............ high quality textures and assets on all vehicles.

2) Incredibly high Triangle count for it's time (highest of the gen until RE4)* 

3) Full Self shadowing on ALL objects.  

4) Ambient lighting on lasers. 

5) High Quality bump mapping (Something the PS2 lacked) 

6) 8 texture layers in 16 stages in one pass (something PS2 couldn't dream of doing)

7) Programmable Shader effects - Volumetric fog. 

8) All at 60fps. 

25 minutes ago, Voidler said:

Perfectly said.