Remedy gets Alan Wake publishing rights from Microsoft

Prediction:  Some time after Control releases, Sony will acquire Remedy Entertainment.  They will remaster Alan Wake and build up the studio.  Alan Wake 2 will be announced and will turn Alan Wake into a huge franchise.  Remedy will be cultivated into a top studio by Sony.

lol I can see it happening.  MS will look like fools who let "another one slip away"...

3 hours ago, Remij_ said:

Prediction:  Some time after Control releases, Sony will acquire Remedy Entertainment.  They will remaster Alan Wake and build up the studio.  Alan Wake 2 will be announced and will turn Alan Wake into a huge franchise.  Remedy will be cultivated into a top studio by Sony.

lol I can see it happening.  MS will look like fools who let "another one slip away"...

Alan Wake + Open world game engine from Days Gone = Nice exclusive for Sony.

UPDATE 2.30PM:

Speaking to Eurogamer, Alan Wake developer Remedy has teased the possibility of a multiplatform release for its previously Microsoft-owned hero.

"The only thing we want to clarify, now that Remedy owns the publishing rights, is that we could bring Alan Wake to different platforms if we so choose," a Remedy spokesperson told me this afternoon.

"We have nothing to announce for now. We are fully focused on Control releasing on 27th August."

Don't expect to hear anything more on Alan Wake until after then - but it sounds as if a PlayStation release is on the cards.

Phil just loves to let xbox fans down time and time again. 

ANYONE WHO SAYS MS ISN'T GOING 3RD PARTY... i have some bad news for you. Looks like they didn't even put up a fight to keep this franchise. They're straight up giving all of their shit away.

one of the best games of last gen.

With this and Dead Rising on PS4, MS has effectively killed two generations of Xbox off with their lack of foresight on exclusives.

No sum was great enough to keep these two diamond-tier franchises off of the competition.

Now I get to own a console with Days Gone, Dead Rising, and Alan Wake on it... :wow: 

So apparently Remedy owns the Alan Wake IP but not the publishing rights to the first game. Basically the only reason they would ever do this is a remaster. I assume the same publisher as Control will manage this.

Control however looks like a far more interesting game.

Edited by Team 2019

Remedy is a perfect fit for Sony though, if they can deliver a good game with the right production values we could be looking at a 10 million seller. I don't think they can hit such numbers as a multiplat release without Sony's muscle.

They got to up their game though, Naughty Dog level stuff or bust.

Edited by Team 2019
4 hours ago, Team 2019 said:

So apparently Remedy owns the Alan Wake IP but not the publishing rights to the first game. Basically the only reason they would ever do this is a remaster. I assume the same publisher as Control will manage this.

Control however looks like a far more interesting game.

So Microsoft simply relinquished the publishing rights?

Nothing in this business is coincidence.

the sony acquisition seems legit. Shu was there for a reason, now this news. Remedy is taking back Alan Wake from MS as part of the deal. Hell Son y probably paid them to.

Welcome home alan wake. I can't wait for this legendary ip to return.