RX 5700 line benchmarks leak

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

From a business perspective they definitely had to. Nobody was going to buy a 5700 when they could have got a 2060 Super for $20 more or an 5700 XT when they could get a 2070 Super for $50 more. The b

This thread's initial leaked benchmark results pre-launch didn't age well.  WCCFTECH has nvidia and intel fanboys exploding right now because the opposite ended up happening.  Even sho

Posted Images

This thread's initial leaked benchmark results pre-launch didn't age well. 

WCCFTECH has nvidia and intel fanboys exploding right now because the opposite ended up happening. 

Even shocked me.  :ben: I thought AMD Navi was done for . 

Got me a 5700 XT Anniversary Edition on order now. 

Got to get rid of these two 980 Ti cards now.

• Haha 1
16 minutes ago, The Mother Fucker said:

WCCFTECH has nvidia and intel fanboys exploding right now because the opposite ended up happening. 

Even shocked me.  :ben: I thought AMD Navi was done for . 

Got me a 5700 XT Anniversary Edition on order now. 

Got to get rid of these two 980 Ti cards now.

It ended up being a bigger jump over Vega than predicted, like 20% for the regular XT, not sure where the 50th is going to land in all of this.

18 hours ago, The Mother Fucker said:

What changed, exactly? The leaked benchmarks had the 5700 roughly on par with the 2060 Super and the 5700XT roughly on par with the 2070 Super. If anything I think the release benchmarks show a slightly larger gap between the AMD cards and their Nvidia counter-parts than one would have expected based on the leaked benchmarks, especially if you had put any stock into possible increases based on updated drivers.

Coupled with the cooling on the 5700/XT being worse than expected and overclocking on the card being a complete joke, I'm just not sure how anybody could have a more favorable opinion on those cards compared to a couple days ago when they announced the price drop.

Like, if (when) my Staples order of a 2080 for $460 gets cancelled I'm going to pick between the 5700XT and the 2070 Super and I'm leaning towards the Super. 5% better stock performance, better overclocking potential, a way better cooler, RT cores, and $90 in free games is worth the $100, IMO. I'll probably end up waiting for the custom PCBs for both, though, and, like Dynamite said earlier, the 5700XT is going to get a better value benefit from that than the 2070 Super will so we'll see.

4 hours ago, Hot Sauce said:

What changed, exactly? The leaked benchmarks had the 5700 roughly on par with the 2060 Super and the 5700XT roughly on par with the 2070 Super. If anything I think the release benchmarks show a slightly larger gap between the AMD cards and their Nvidia counter-parts than one would have expected based on the leaked benchmarks, especially if you had put any stock into possible increases based on updated drivers.

Coupled with the cooling on the 5700/XT being worse than expected and overclocking on the card being a complete joke, I'm just not sure how anybody could have a more favorable opinion on those cards compared to a couple days ago when they announced the price drop.

Like, if (when) my Staples order of a 2080 for $460 gets cancelled I'm going to pick between the 5700XT and the 2070 Super and I'm leaning towards the Super. 5% better stock performance, better overclocking potential, a way better cooler, RT cores, and $90 in free games is worth the $100, IMO. I'll probably end up waiting for the custom PCBs for both, though, and, like Dynamite said earlier, the 5700XT is going to get a better value benefit from that than the 2070 Super will so we'll see.

First I don't have issues with a blower style coolers, I have two VEGA 56 that are blowers and they are perfectly fine.  I have two EVGA GTX 670s that are blowers and they are just fine.   I see how aesthetically the XT look may not be appealing,  with that weird shape they chose.   But to negate it for simply being a blower is ridiculous.

I got two GTX 980 Tis from MSI that are top down air cards using that Twin Frozer shroud and IMO it just exhausts heat onto all the other PC components. 

As I wrote I had a change of mind after seeing a few posted graphs on wccftech of the RX 5700 wrecking havoc on nvidia cards.   

After all that BS from last week on SUPER being the nail in the coffin for AMD, forcing them to discount prices.  I come away with that was just a bunch of bullshit.    But thanks nvidia for the scare tactic,  you helped me get a nice RTX slayer at $50 discount.   Can't wait to the arrival of my RX 5700 XT Anniversary Edition.  :love:

fh41.png

cn4c8iqhmz831.jpg?width=960&crop=smart&a

source: Steve at Hardware Unboxed RX 5700 XT review

Shadow-of-the-Tomb-Raider-1080p-.jpg

Assassins-Creed-Odyssey-1080p-Ultra-High

source https://www.forbes.com/sites/jasonevangelho/2019/07/07/radeon-rx-5700-series-review-amd-claims-a-surprising-super-sized-victory-over-nvidia/#5253242f234d

3 minutes ago, The Mother Fucker said:

As I wrote I had a change of mind after seeing a few posted graphs on wccftech of the RX 5700 wrecking havoc on nvidia cards.   

After all that BS from last week on SUPER being the nail in the coffin for AMD, forcing them to discount prices.  I come away with that was just a bunch of bullshit.    But thanks nvidia for the scare tactic,  you helped me get a nice RTX slayer at $50 discount.   Can't wait to the arrival of my RX 5700 XT Anniversary Edition.  :love:

Blower cards suck.  Shit runs hot as fuck and sounds like a lawn mower :tom: 

Forza Horizon 4 does stupidly good on AMD cards.  Can't front on that.   But nobody is playing this shit at 1080p :smilecry: 

2 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

Blower cards suck.  Shit runs hot as fuck and sounds like a lawn mower :tom: 

Forza Horizon 4 does stupidly good on AMD cards.  Can't front on that.   But nobody is playing this shit at 1080p :smilecry: 

Even at 1440p it's fire, 2 FPS down from a $1,200 card? That's crazy. 

30 minutes ago, The Mother Fucker said:

First I don't have issues with a blower style coolers, I have two VEGA 56 that are blowers and they are perfectly fine.  I have two EVGA GTX 670s that are blowers and they are just fine.   I see how aesthetically the XT look may not be appealing,  with that weird shape they chose.   But to negate it for simply being a blower is ridiculous.

If you don't have problems with blower style coolers, that's fine.

For me, I don't need the GPU to exhaust the hot air and would prefer it be quieter and keep the card cooler while leaving the airflow issues to me. It's also not just an issue of blower vs. open air when Stephen Burke is calling the 5700XT blower one of the worst stock coolers he's ever worked with.

50 minutes ago, The Mother Fucker said:

I mean you can do you, but most benchmarks aren't showing that.

51 minutes ago, The Mother Fucker said:

Horizon 4 benchmarks

I don't think anybody expected the 5700XT to be better than the Radeon VII, but when the Vega 56 was above the 2070 you probably should have expected some pretty heavily favored AMD benchmarks for Horizon 4.

If Horizon 4 is the only game you care about then the choice is pretty obvious, but the 5700XT only sees that kind of relative performance in Horizon 4. Battlefield V and World War Z (and Far Cry 5 in most benchmarks) are the other games the 5700XT is beating the 2070 Super in basically every benchmark, albeit to a much lesser degree, but that's kind of about it from what I've seen.

1 hour ago, The Mother Fucker said:

Forbes benchmarks

Have you seen the benchmarks for those two games at other sites? The 5700XT is closer to a 2060 Super in those games and most benches have the 2060 Super beating the 5700XT at 1440p and above in Odyssey.

4 minutes ago, Hot Sauce said:

If you don't have problems with blower style coolers, that's fine.

For me, I don't need the GPU to exhaust the hot air and would prefer it be quieter and keep the card cooler while leaving the airflow issues to me. It's also not just an issue of blower vs. open air when Stephen Burke is calling the 5700XT blower one of the worst stock coolers he's ever worked with.

I mean you can do you, but most benchmarks aren't showing that.

I don't think anybody expected the 5700XT to be better than the Radeon VII, but when the Vega 56 was above the 2070 you probably should have expected some pretty heavily favored AMD benchmarks for Horizon 4.

If Horizon 4 is the only game you care about then the choice is pretty obvious, but the 5700XT only sees that kind of relative performance in Horizon 4. Battlefield V and World War Z (and Far Cry 5 in most benchmarks) are the other games the 5700XT is beating the 2070 Super in basically every benchmark, albeit to a much lesser degree, but that's kind of about it from what I've seen.

Have you seen the benchmarks for those two games at other sites? The 5700XT is closer to a 2060 Super in those games and most benches have the 2060 Super beating the 5700XT at 1440p and above in Odyssey.

I get it, you are trying to talk your self into your RTX 2080 or RTX 2070 Super order being reasonable.  But you wasted your money.  :Jeff:

7 minutes ago, The Mother Fucker said:

I get it, you are trying to talk your self into your RTX 2080 or RTX 2070 Super order being reasonable.  But you wasted your money.  :Jeff:

I mean I'm not the one defending blower cards and cherry picking benchmarks to make the 5700XT look like a better card than it is, so I think you might be projecting here a bit.

Enjoy the card, though. It's still great.

• Haha 1