Astral Chain reviews

8.0 at GS

https://www.gamespot.com/reviews/astral-chain-review-certified-platinum/1900-6417280/

THE GOOD
 Inventive, gratifying combat system that gives you so many fun tools to work with
 Variety and pacing through the lengthy campaign keeps things fresh from start to finish
 Slick manga/anime-inspired presentation comes to life in motion with unrelenting style
 Great music that sets the tone with groovy house beats to hard-hitting rock tracks
THE BAD
 Movement can sometimes be imprecise and cause occasional frustrations
 Some cliches bring down the story
  • Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Very happy that it appears that this game has a lengthy single player campaign.   And when did we learn about this game? February of this year? Barely 6 months ago.   I thought it mig

Did you also hear from Digital Foundry that Link's Awakening latest demo at Gamescom appears to be running at 60fps except for some odd dips whenever a treasure it opened or a text box appears. So, it

RIP scalebound. Probably was an AAAE cancelled by spencer.      

Posted Images

Very happy that it appears that this game has a lengthy single player campaign.

And when did we learn about this game? February of this year? Barely 6 months ago.

I thought it might've been a rushed game because they scheduled it ahead of Bayo 3. Turns out this was another secret banger Platinum had been working on for Nintendo.

At this point, Platinum is only putting their best stuff on Nintendo's platform. They're basically a second-party studio for Nintendo.

Back in 2017/2018 they were clearly teasing Wonderful 101 stuff, so I even expect a sequel to that and we STILL have Bayo 3 coming. Platinum and Nintendo are in a very good spot right now.

:blessed:

• Like 1

Did you also hear from Digital Foundry that Link's Awakening latest demo at Gamescom appears to be running at 60fps except for some odd dips whenever a treasure it opened or a text box appears. So, it definitely appears as if they are optimizing the game, and its well on its way to being a slick 60fps game. I think out of all of these games, I really do want to play that one quickly.

• Upvote 1
Just now, jehurey said:

Did you also hear from Digital Foundry that Link's Awakening latest demo at Gamescom appears to be running at 60fps except for some odd dips whenever a treasure it opened or a text box appears. So, it definitely appears as if they are optimizing the game, and its well on its way to being a slick 60fps game. I think out of all of these games, I really do want to play that one quickly.

i never played the original, so i'm super hyped for it. 

13 minutes ago, Bodycount N said:

its an animu game with robot dogs and motorcycles fighting eachother on chains. :mroff:

these people are joyless overthinking cunts. I wonder how they function day to day

If it doesn't have a progressive agenda then it's part of the patriarchy and it's racist. You should know this by now.