Control PC: Ray Tracing's Killer App? Plus: Full Xbox One X vs PC Comparison! | Digital Foundry

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

pictures look the same LMAO RTX flopped

lmfao did that motherfucker really point out the differences   

I got your benchmark, right here.  

9 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

This is like the start of this gen with Forza, they played up the details of the car which mind you are in fact there but it's so nuanced and abstracted during gameplay that you never really notice it. It's screenshot fodder. 

Pretty much. Conventional reflections/lighting are convincing enough that this application of ray tracing is too demanding for its own good. I would like to how other ray traced applications perform like audio.

9 hours ago, Remij_ said:

Yea, he does an amazingly good job here.  I really liked how he went through the different effects and explained how they have been added and improved upon over the years.  The shot he took really did a good job at showing just how all these effects added together can improve the visuals.  Like I've said before... it might seem like "oh a little darker here" and "more shiny there"... but when you start adding it all up, and when the quality goes even further.. people will look at raster only game and think 'how did we ever think this looked good/real?'

I do disagree with him though on the "ray traced debris" setting... it definitely does not add just a little extra to the scene.  Later in the game when shit really starts blowing, seeing all the debris in the reflections puts it on another level.  He's really really early in the game so he probably hasn't really gotten to good parts that really demonstrate it.  Nvidia posted a slide in their guide for the game and you can at least see what it does a lot better than what Alex did here...

RT off + max settings:

control-ray-traced-debris-001-off.jpg

RT on + max settings:

control-ray-traced-debris-001-on-all-rt-

It's a huge difference.

All I see is a few more rocks. :ben:

lol i never saw a difference in any of these comparisons but in this case, I can see it. maybe i get hyped with new hardware

4 hours ago, Team 2019 said:

All I see is a few more rocks. :ben:

they are reflections. bottom you see them clearly right under the rocks. 

but rtx is like finding the differences in 2 pictures :tom: 

find-12-differences-between-2-pictures-of-bears-puzzle-puzzle-game.png

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, kaz said:

lol i never saw a difference in any of these comparisons but in this case, I can see it. maybe i get hyped with new hardware

they are reflections. bottom you see them clearly right under the rocks. 

but rtx is like finding the differences in 2 pictures :tom: 

find-12-differences-between-2-pictures-of-bears-puzzle-puzzle-game.png

This was a bad example.

• smaller cloud
  • missing bee
  • missing tree
  • missing flower
  • longer bush to right of cub
  • added rock below cub
  • plant on the side of big tree
  • different bush between bears
  • cub arm raised
  • adult bear mouth open
  • tree branch cut

:deader:

• Haha 1
2 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

This was a bad example.

• smaller cloud
  • missing bee
  • missing tree
  • missing flower
  • longer bush to right of cub
  • added rock below cub
  • plant on the side of big tree
  • different bush between bears
  • cub arm raised
  • adult bear mouth open
  • tree branch cut

:deader:

Your Autism is showing :lemming:

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, Team 2019 said:

The issue with RT is the absolutely absurd performance requirements. Not the tech itself.

I assume developers will find a cheating method of doing it developing games for these new consoles, kind of like a checkerboard rendering minded workaround to achieve the effect without the cost. 

Just now, DynamiteCop! said:

Yes, I pointed out how it was a bad example. 

you are hands down the funniest person on this forum and you dont even realize it :tom: 

• Upvote 1

Jesus christ you guys are fucking idiots.

Holy fucking SHIT :cruise: 

Dynashit can't see a difference at all... but you show him a 1440p PS4 Pro game and an 1800p Xbox One X game and THE DIFFERENCE IS HUGE!!~!!@!~!

Fucking ASS CLOWNS :tom: 

1 minute ago, Remij_ said:

Jesus christ you guys are fucking idiots.

Holy fucking SHIT :cruise: 

Dynashit can't see a difference at all... but you show him a 1440p PS4 Pro game and an 1800p Xbox One X game and THE DIFFERENCE IS HUGE!!~!!@!~!

Fucking ASS CLOWNS :tom: 

You say I can't see a difference in resolution or that it's hard to tell and I called out Control's exact resolution differences for all four platforms. 

Bitch please. 

2 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

You say I can't see a difference in resolution or that it's hard to tell and I called out Control's exact resolution differences for all four platforms. 

Bitch please. 

Durr... I think it'll have the same profile as Quantum Break did on Xbox One and X.  Be a bit higher on PS4 than XO, and a bit higher than that on PRO.. but not as high as X1X :lemming: 

lmao NO SHIT!  You're not intelligent for figuring that out... :tom: 

And no.. what I'm saying is that you CAN see a difference..... just like you can here.  Except you're just being a fucking idiot :drake: 

3 hours ago, DynamiteCop! said:

Bitch please. 

I love how Dynocrap responded by PRETENDING that remij was making an entirely different point than what he clearly typed in his post.

remij is clearly saying that you are trying to play stupid and pretend you can see the difference when viewing graphical effects, while vastly pretending to be blown away by resolution differences.

and then dynocrap tries to go off on the tangent of "of course I can tell resolution differences!!!" without responding to the first part of remij's post.

oh, and by the way, I had already declared that most multiplats on PS4pro and XBX were almost always going to be at or around 1440p (PS4pro) and 1800p (XBX)............I even told remij that back in summer 2016.

DO you think you accomplished something special???????????:tom:

Edited by jehurey