Wide reports of Gears 5 campaign being completely broken, making people restart missions over and over, lock-ups, runs like shit

https://www.forbes.com/sites/mattgardner1/2019/09/08/the-gears-5-campaign-is-beautiful-but-broken-a-great-game-that-needs-patching-fast/#fe00cdf28a4d

Reports are coming in and some have to repeat acts 3 times in a row :kaz: The story mode is completely fucked.

Every game has server issues, but I’ve never experienced them on a co-op campaign. On a few occasions, we found ourselves being split up by FMVs and autosaves.

Routinely, one of us would be pushed into the video while the other was dumped out to a blue cog loading screen–Gears 5’s equivalent of the Blue Screen of Death–for minutes at a time before being told we’d timed out. Upon return, one of us missed the story and had to rely on the other for a briefing.

At other points, I found myself stranded with just the “checkpoint reached” cursor rotating; the rest of the game had frozen while my friend continued playing. Minutes later, I’d be booted again and unable to rejoin without him also jumping out of, and back into, the action.

On three occasions, a juvie clipped into my character model, making them impossible to kill as they attacked. In the earliest moments of Act 1, I saw my partner gleefully slide down a pipe; I followed him, only to get stuck in a yelping leapfrog mode, seeing me slowly and noisily bounce all the way down over the course of a minute.

At other points, I found myself stranded with just the “checkpoint reached” cursor rotating; the rest of the game had frozen while my friend continued playing. Minutes later, I’d be booted again and unable to rejoin without him also jumping out of, and back into, the action.

While server issues seem to be the core problem affecting base progression, confused AI can regularly hold things back. During three different firefights, AI-controlled Cole and series newcomer Fahz just ran on the spot or got stuck behind cover, forcing us to run the opposite direction to snap them out of it, or “displace” them with a frag grenade.

Until then, there was no way to complete the objective. Sometimes, when they managed to get to the location, the game took a minute or two to realize we were ready. And then, of course, it would occasionally decide to boot one of us from the game.

You straight up can't progress this game. :D Another buggy ass release from BrokeroSoft.

19 minutes ago, The Mother Fucker said:

That's kind of given with a new game these days. 

I had a month of trouble trying to get The Division 2 to work stable before I got everything squared away.   

Nintendo games are complete without bugs when released.  

3 hours ago, DynamiteCop! said:

:hest:

Those are rare and I've never experienced a glitch with Odyssey.  Now everyone is experiencing a game breaking glitch with Gears 5.  Shit game, shit developer, shit system.  

5 minutes ago, lostfool said:

Those are rare and I've never experienced a glitch with Odyssey.  Now everyone is experiencing a game breaking glitch with Gears 5.  Shit game, shit developer, shit system.  

I didn't experience any game breaking glitch. 

Speaking of game breaking,  how about the  new fire emblem dlc ? :trump2:

Stop hating yourself , gaggot 

1 hour ago, Goukosan said:

Look at DynamiteCop and Slow Jonny work overtime to deflect the disaster that was/is the gears 5 early launch :mroff:

I had none of these issues . How's that analog drift ? :trump2: