Gears 5 lacks weight and intensity Crowbcat

1 minute ago, Quad Damage said:

anyone can compare/contrast the differences and draw their own conclusions without being spoon fed an essay. he lets the footage speak for itself.

The footage doesn't speak for itself, and that's the purpose built intention behind the video. It's intentionally misleading, it's intentionally trying to stir shit up, it's intentionally devoid of explanation or drawing design decisions into the fray.

Just now, Team 2019 said:

The Coalition is just a worse developer than Epic. It's as simple as that.

Maybe in crafting a story, and not by much but technologically? No, which is the entire basis of the video. You seem to think they're not capable of doing these things, they already did when they remade Gears of War.

Gears 5 physically and technologically makes more sense than the previous games did, it's less reliant on pushing engine demonstrations and more focused on grounding itself in reality. 

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

the graphics dont even look much better

who cares about the graphics when you can play as a strong, independent woman.  

1 minute ago, DynamiteCop! said:

Maybe in crafting a story, and not by much but technologically? No, which is the entire basis of the video. You seem to think they're not capable of doing these things, they already did when they remade Gears of War.

Gears 5 physically and technologically makes more sense than the previous games did, it's less reliant on pushing engine demonstrations and more focused on grounding itself in reality. 

No...........the realistic and gritty game..........isn't as realistic and gritty as the original developer.

Its a hollow feeling game, right down to the mechanics and physics.

Deal with it.

Gears 5 is 60fps . There are gonna be some trade offs , with destruction and stuff like that .

Watching that video just shows how much better the gameplay is in the  newer gears games .

1 minute ago, jehurey said:

No...........the realistic and gritty game..........isn't as realistic and gritty as the original developer.

Its a hollow feeling game, right down to the mechanics and physics.

Deal with it.

Realistic and gritty? Is that code word for "these games have 4 colors, red, brown, brownish red and gray"? That's not realistic, it's the antithesis of realistic and color shifted and manipulated grit for the sake of being gritty. 

It's hollow feeling? You haven't even touched 4 or 5, you have no idea what you're talking about, and the physical properties or the mechanics and physics are more rooted in reality.

Metal doesn't fly apart when you shoot it. Water doesn't make deep rooted unimpinged trails when you walk through it and is neutralized by other waveforms particularly a waterfall 15 feet away from you. Guns have varying degrees of recoil and kickback and don't violently shake you indiscriminately. Standard glass doesn't break off in chunks, if you shoot it it basically explodes because it's molecularly unstable and there's no resistance such as laminate holding it together. The world actually has color in it, the game doesn't have nauseating levels of motion and shaking taking place for the simple sake of presentation. 

The original Gears games were tech demos enveloping a game, exaggeration doesn't breed a more readable environment, and it doesn't enhance the playability. 

12 minutes ago, JONBpc said:

Gears 5 is 60fps . There are gonna be some trade offs , with destruction and stuff like that .

Watching that video just shows how much better the gameplay is in the  newer gears games .

Nah, it's nothing to do with the framerate, they made no concessions from 4 to 5 going from 30 to 60 FPS beyond resolution. Mechanically it's all the same and graphically there's actually more going on in 5. I've run through it testing this stuff, it's the same. 

3 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

Realistic and gritty? Is that code word for "these games have 4 colors, red, brown, brownish red and gray"? That's not realistic, it's the antithesis of realistic and color shifted and manipulated grit for the sake of being gritty. 

It's hollow feeling? You haven't even touched 4 or 5, you have no idea what you're talking about, and the physical properties or the mechanics and physics are more rooted in reality.

Metal doesn't fly apart when you shoot it. Water doesn't make deep rooted unimpinged trails when you walk through it and is neutralized by other waveforms particularly a waterfall 15 feet away from you. Guns have varying degrees of recoil and kickback and don't violently shake you indiscriminately. Standard glass doesn't break off in chunks, if you shoot it it basically explodes because it's molecularly unstable and there's no resistance such as laminate holding it together. The world actually has color in it, the game doesn't have nauseating levels of motion and shaking taking place for the simple sake of presentation. 

The original Gears games were tech demos enveloping a game, exaggeration doesn't breed a more readable environment, and it doesn't enhance the playability. 

Nah, it's nothing to do with the framerate, they made no concessions from 4 to 5 going from 30 to 60 FPS beyond resolution. Mechanically it's all the same and graphically there's actually more going on in 5. I've run through it testing this stuff, it's the same. 

Nope, its definitely hollow, the video makes it very clear with the physics and the way they absorb bullets (or lack of).

I like how you don't think physics, animations, and environmental damage don't do anything for the gameplay.

This argument simply does not work in 2019.:drake:

You even know you are bullshittin' based on the length of your excuses. LOL

2 minutes ago, jehurey said:

Nope, its definitely hollow, the video makes it very clear with the physics and the way they absorb bullets (or lack of).

I like how you don't think physics, animations, and environmental damage don't do anything for the gameplay.

You even know you are bullshittin' based on the length of your excuses. LOL

You are terrible at creating counter-arguments, there's no substance in this post, zero, zilch, it's a bunch of words saying nothing. 

Just now, DynamiteCop! said:

You are terrible at creating counter-arguments, there's no substance in this post, zero, zilch, it's a bunch of words saying nothing. 

Nope, its condensed in a rather simple and direct sentence.

And you are avoiding it.

Because you know you're going to look stupid if you actually confirm what I am saying about you.

You're in check, and you know it. So you're trying to get out by babbling about any other potential subject. That's not going to work, either.

9 minutes ago, Team 2019 said:

You can spin it however you want. But when you compare the animations and feedback of Uncharted 2 to 4, or TLOU1 to TLOU2 the difference is night and day. Coalition is just a B tier developer while Epic made three AAAs in this franchise.

Such a shame too, since the game was a top tier franchise; I mean they're supposed to get better as we get sequels.

12 minutes ago, Team 2019 said:

You can spin it however you want. But when you compare the animations and feedback of Uncharted 2 to 4, or TLOU1 to TLOU2 the difference is night and day. Coalition is just a B tier developer while Epic made three AAAs in this franchise.

In your brain do you actually associate technical differences to what put Gears 1-3 into the low to mid 90's with what put Gears 4-5 in the mid 80's? That would mean the story telling and setup are on par, do you believe that or is it possible that Epic crafted a slightly more compelling story focused trilogy, that the games were more relevant to their bubble of time and that technical differences have nothing to do with anything? 

Also another thing that you're overlooking, notice that with each release the meta goes down, and down, and down even from Epic? Did you notice that Gears of War Ultimate Edition took a 94/100 game to an 82/100? Same exact game mechanically, it's true to Gears of War in every sense of the word, it's running the same source code with a better and more modern graphics engine.

The game didn't change, the mechanics didn't change, it got better looking and  yet it scored lower than both of the Coalition's personal entries. Why is that? Maybe the older games were a product of their time, and environment and don't hold up as well as you think they did, or as well as what The Coalition is doing presently.

336649004505104385.png?v=1

Edited by DynamiteCop!
3 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

In your brain do you actually associate technical differences to what put Gears 1-3 into the low to mid 90's with what put Gears 4-5 in the mid 80's? That would mean the story telling and setup are on par, do you believe that or is it possible that Epic crafted a slightly more compelling story focused trilogy, that the games were more relevant to their bubble of time and that technical differences have nothing to do with anything? 

Also another thing that you're overlooking, notice that with each release the meta goes down, and down, and down even from Epic? Did you notice that Gears of War Ultimate Edition took a 94/100 game to an 82/100? Same exact game mechanically, it's true to Gears of War in every sense of the word, it's running the same source code with a better and more modern graphics engine.

The game didn't change, the mechanics didn't change, it got better looking and  yet it scored lower than both of the Coalition's personal entries. Why is that? Maybe the older games were a product of their time, and environment and don't hold up as well as you think they did, or as well as what The Coalition is doing presently.

336649004505104385.png?v=1

I love how he's hopscotching across a litany of different subjects.

he's literally trying to throw as much bullshit excuses against the wall, to see if something sticks.

And its not working at all.  The older games were developed by a more talented studio.

They could have had WORSE STORIES (and they very well could have, because nobody is playing Gears games for the story anyways LOL) and they would still score higher.

Just now, jehurey said:

I love how he's hopscotching across a litany of different subjects.

he's literally trying to throw as much bullshit excuses against the wall, to see if something sticks.

And its not working at all.  The older games were developed by a more talented studio.

They could have had WORSE STORIES (and they very well could have, because nobody is playing Gears games for the story anyways LOL) and they would still score higher.

You're literally talking to a non-existent audience. 

1 minute ago, DynamiteCop! said:

You speak like you're talking to an auditorium, you're a fucking weirdo. 

Full of nothing.

Yeah I know...........I'm speaking to you.

I don't think you understand..........my goal IS to whittle you down to nothing.

And you just admitted it. Thank you.

4 minutes ago, jehurey said:

Full of nothing.

Yeah I know...........I'm speaking to you.

I don't think you understand..........my goal IS to whittle you down to nothing.

And you just admitted it. Thank you.

Your goal is to be a faggot who talks in the third person, talks to a non-existent audience and doesn't actually have any credible means to address what's being said because you know nothing about it.

You're like a border without a wall, pointless. 

Just now, DynamiteCop! said:

Your goal is to be a faggot who talks in the third person, talks to a non-existent audience and doesn't actually have any credible means to address what's being said because you know nothing about it.

You're like a border without a wall, pointless. 

LOL he's getting madder.

Guess that auditorium is getting filled with something, as we speak.

I love that he thought this was a good strategy to move the conversation away from the fact that he doesn't want to answer for lack of physics, environmental interaction, and animation in a new 2019 game.

OOPS............he just failed to get me off the subject. :drake:We're back on it again. And he still won't answer.

5 hours ago, Bodycount N said:

It's another Dead Rising 4 situation. Game has regressed, can't even match 12 year old titles from the 360 era. :D

Absolute sign of an amateur developer. Atleast Dead Rising 4 was schlocky Christmas-themed fun, this game is just a shitty feminist game lol

Crackdown as well. All of Microsofts games seem to be behind what they had a decade ago.