PlayStation 4 has surpassed 30m in the US

29 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

Xbox One is at 25.4m :yeshrug:

Probably purchased, but not in the sense of an actual userbase.

We know, with some certainty, that the same people have been buying more than one Xbox One system through these past 6 years.

I doubt their actual userbase in America is more than 20 million.

Just now, jehurey said:

Probably purchased, but not in the sense of an actual userbase.

We know, with some certainty, that the same people have been buying more than one Xbox One system through these past 6 years.

I doubt their actual userbase in America is more than 20 million.

Literally the same argument could be leveraged at the PlayStation 4, not exactly an intelligent assessment. 

Just now, DynamiteCop! said:

Literally the same argument could be leveraged at the PlayStation 4, not exactly an intelligent assessment. 

No, we don't hear many stories of people re-buying PS4 consoles......especially if you remember, alot of lemmings pointed out that PS4pro sales were not very significant during late 2016 and throughout 2017.

Nope, we know with certainty that there's alot of overlap in Xbox One users re-buying hardware a second time around during this gen.

This would also explain Microsoft not giving us subscriber numbers for GamePass, which I'm also certain has not crossed 10 million subscribers, or else they would've said it by now.

Their userbase is probably under 20 million, it'd be tough to get over half of their users as active GamePass subscribers.

3 minutes ago, jehurey said:

No, we don't hear many stories of people re-buying PS4 consoles......especially if you remember, alot of lemmings pointed out that PS4pro sales were not very significant during late 2016 and throughout 2017.

Nope, we know with certainty that there's alot of overlap in Xbox One users re-buying hardware a second time around during this gen.

This would also explain Microsoft not giving us subscriber numbers for GamePass, which I'm also certain has not crossed 10 million subscribers, or else they would've said it by now.

Their userbase is probably under 20 million, it'd be tough to get over half of their users as active GamePass subscribers.

I'm just gonna stop you there. The Xbox One and PlayStation 4 share the near identical hardware path in terms of release, replacement and upgrade. 

This anecdotal whatever you're trying to say is irrelevant. They both had a base system, they both got a slim replacement for it, they both got a refresh console. 

I have nothing more to say to you on the matter, you're bullshit incarnate. 

Edited by DynamiteCop!
Just now, DynamiteCop! said:

I'm just gonna stop you there. The Xbox One and PlayStation 4 share the near identical hardware path in terms of release, replacement and upgrade. 

This anecdotal whatever you're trying to say is irrelevant. They both had a base system, they both got a slim replacement for it, they both got a refresh console. 

I have nothing more to say to you on the matter, you're bullshit incarnate. 

No, they don't.

In fact in one of the NPD threads from 2017, they said that the majority of PS4 sales did not rely on PS4pro. The surprise being that PS4 beat sales expectations, and it wasn't because of PS4pro.

Whereas with Xbox, we can see that the ONLY increase in sales occured because of Xbox One X coming out, and once the demand for that died............all Xbox One sales died.

I refer you to YoY numbers for that evidence.

Sorry, you are just wrong, and you know it.  That's not my problem.