It's Microsoft's Fault That Videogames Are Bad (The Jimquisition)

It behooves first party publishers to provide top quality productions that make their consoles worth buying. Nintendo and Sony have both produced amazing games to sell us on the PS4 and Switch. Microsoft, however, is different.

Microsoft has decided to act no better than a grasping third party "AAA" publisher. Even worse, it set the tone of a generation and contributed - perhaps more than any other company - to the nasty normalization of excessive monetization.

It's Microsoft's fault that videogames are bad.

:dead:

Microsoft has decided to act no better than a grasping third party "AAA" publisher. Even worse, it set the tone of a generation and contributed - perhaps more than any other company - to the nasty normalization of excessive monetization.

It's Microsoft's fault that videogames are bad.

This is why being a gamer and a Lemming is such an oxymoron.

#RakesintheFace

lol funny vid, but the microtransactions don't usually bug me. the only time i felt like a game could have been AAA, but was held back because of its unnecessary padding, was ass creed odyssey. there was an option to BUY +50% xp. as someone who has played the game to completion, i felt the experience would have been better/tighter had they just structured the game with that XP scale.

i love how he mentioned fire emblem and god of war. both games are great examples of balance and proper progression, with their respective genre. i never once felt i was grinding in fire emblem. 

Edited by -GD-
5 hours ago, DynamiteCop! said:

The irony when he just praised Gears 5 in his review video and said it's better than Breath of the Wild

That clickbait :mj:

Bbbut clickbait:cries: 

Basically, Jim has 5 main points (Chapters) to why he feels it's Microsoft's fault for games being bad in the industry due to MTXs.

- Chapter 1 & 2: Think of this as the prologue and Microsoft setting the normalization of MTXs. Last generation started with MTXs with EA and Microsoft saw the opportunity for the future that games would have them, so they made their first party games towards them for XB1 launch. This in effect symbolizes their lack of good games because they needed those MTXs to sustain them instead of creating good, enticing games that Sony/Nintendo make without MTXs. Launch titles he touched on was Ryse, Forza 5, and Lococycle.

- Chapter 3: Excuse for using MTXs. Basically quotes from executives of those launch games about MTXs being optional until it turns to "timesavers" to change wording. This makes third party publishers extremely happy.

- Chapter 4: Microtransactionsoft. Basically, talks about MS' big AAA games having MTXs for no reason at all (Halo 5, Gears of War 4, Forza 7, etc.). Sony/Nintendo wasn't using them and MS just wanted to be greedy. Criticized Gears 5 for having MTX while stating "we have no loot boxes" and calling out the stroking of themselves by thinking they are the first to implement "no lootboxes" in games and moving the industry forward.

- Chapter 5: Final Chapter. Brings up some praise for accessibility for all users due to hardware/accessories and Gamepass and opening up to other platforms. However, talks about how MS is the company that got into games other than the fact that they didn't like Sony's marketshare in the industry. This is also the company that brought us paying for online gaming with consoles and played a big part of normalizing MTXs in games, makes the most powerful console in the world, but has no launch games designed specifically to take advantage of it. Final point is that it was using its original DRM plans to help normalize MTXs in games from 2013 to present and to make the future worse for gamers.

I'm gonna wake up and beg for jon and dynos attention all day :juggle: Browsing 6 websites for nintendo sales numbers , bout to own Jonny and dyno :juggle: gotta be first to post that npd thread it's very important to my week :juggle:

You fucking stupid puppet :mj: obsessed idiot ROFL

• Haha 1
21 hours ago, JONBpc said:

Butthurt irl ^ 

20 hours ago, JONBpc said:

No need to respond to your irl butthurt :trump2:you'll just look a fool AGAIN 

ButtHurtSon :danylol:

14 hours ago, JONBpc said:

No , but it apparently greatly excites you :drake:

3 hours ago, JONBpc said:

The highlight of your day , dudes on a game forum LOL:mj:

1 hour ago, JONBpc said:

I'm gonna wake up and beg for jon and dynos attention all day :juggle: Browsing 6 websites for nintendo sales numbers , bout to own Jonny and dyno :juggle: gotta be first to post that npd thread it's very important to my week :juggle:

You fucking stupid puppet :mj: obsessed idiot ROFL

All your posts in this thread have been about me and none of your posts have been about the actual thread topic........ you ran into the thread ignored all the other posters and immediately start posting about me:rawf:

Anything for you to avoid the hurt that Xbox1 put on your ass :cries:

Edited by Goukosan