Digital Foundry - Luigi's Mansion 3 Switch tech breakdown

Google Express has, for first time users, a 20% off coupon, and one of their sellers was selling the game at a 10% discount already.

So, I just bought the game for about $45.  It seems like a really tight and enjoyable single player campaign that's whimsical.

In game Graphics are CG like :whew: 

Digital Foundry - A Playable CG movie. 

One of the best looking exclusives to hit Switch yet, Luigi's Mansion 3's visuals have a CG film-like quality. The push for world physics and dynamic shadows is a highlight here too, taking it far beyond what the first two games could achieve on GameCube and 3DS.

Sheer density of objects on screen is staggering and almost every object can be interacted with. 

Impressive :dame:

Gameplay and cutscenes are 1080p docked, cutscenes are 900p.

Handheld is 720p with a  cutscenes at 600p.

Edited by Goukosan
4 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

In game Graphics are CG like :whew: 

Digital Foundry - A Playable CG movie. 

One of the best looking exclusives to hit Switch yet, Luigi's Mansion 3's visuals have a CG film-like quality. The push for world physics and dynamic shadows is a highlight here too, taking it far beyond what the first two games could achieve on GameCube and 3DS.

Sheer density of objects on screen is staggering and almost every object can be interacted with. 

Impressive :dame:

Gameplay and cutscenes are 1080p docked, few scenes are 900p.

Handheld is 720p with a few scenes at 600p.

it plays really well undocked. i love this game!

19 minutes ago, Bodycount N said:

this is becoming my favourite switch game this year and that's no small feat as the Switch just experienced a 1998-like onslaught of quality games.

GOTY contender. :bow: 

The switch has had a monster year Indeed.

This makes me excited for other Nintendo properties that aren't the "big boy" titles.

Animal Crossing looks like its going to be the most comprehensive, in-depth version that they've ever done.

Fire Emblem is about as good as its ever been.

But hopefully their other IPs like Pikmin (supposedly one is in development), W101 (Platinum hinted at one in development), and a Mario Kart exclusively designed for Switch is going to be the most gorgeous thing they'll probably ever make.

I just finished it, solid game. It does eventually become a bit repetitive as the gameplay loop doesn't change much and the final boss battle was kind of crappy. Also, eventhough money is the one thing you're constantly collecting, the actual items you can buy with it are not that interesting.

Still a lot of fun overall and definitely one of the better switch games.

Edited by Twinblade