Do you have Disney+?

7 hours ago, Delita said:

I think eventually the majority of people will either have it or have access to it in some way, just like Netflix, but on a much faster scale. My brother and sister in law have it so I just use their info. 

there’s a lot of surprisingly good stuff on it already. I mostly just watch classic Simpsons episodes right now, but I’m interested in checking out the mandalorian as well as whatever new original content they produce in the future.

i really think it’s going to hurt Netflix big over time, because I know several people who’ve made the switch from Netflix to Disney plus already.

Disney has 1 new show with 2 episodes, Netflix has 8000 shows 

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Or was Jimbo would say (and probably does): Why don't you Watch men.  

'Yes'... via ThePirateBay 

I will not give Disney a dime.  Not interested in anything they are showing.  Same with Apple+.  The only reason I continue to subscribe to Netflix is for my parents.  Amazon Plus well, I li

no, disney hasnt produced any truly classic content in 25 years (toy story 1). modern disney animation, pixar, and marvel are all disposable to me, and new star wars just plain sucks. i have the good stuff on dvd/bluray already, including the simpsons with the proper aspect ratio and not the cropped crap thats been running in syndication.

12 hours ago, Delita said:

I think eventually the majority of people will either have it or have access to it in some way, just like Netflix, but on a much faster scale. My brother and sister in law have it so I just use their info. 

there’s a lot of surprisingly good stuff on it already. I mostly just watch classic Simpsons episodes right now, but I’m interested in checking out the mandalorian as well as whatever new original content they produce in the future.

i really think it’s going to hurt Netflix big over time, because I know several people who’ve made the switch from Netflix to Disney plus already.

i have no doubt people are doing that, but it makes no sense.

its been said already that disney+ will never have R rated or MA rated content. that alone severely limits the breadth and creative license of your content (as does having content from only 1 company). at some point, adults need something more adult.

its like if someone switched to only playing nintendo published T-rated and below games. there are people that do that, but most sane people have broader tastes. i think just like how a nintendo system is a companion system that needs a playstation/xbox/pc to get third party/adult content, disney+ will be the companion service everyone has along with netflix or hbo max for adult content.

Edited by Quad Damage
6 minutes ago, JONBpc said:

Looking at the content list I have no clue why anyone would Ditch netflix In favor of this . D+ looks like something you get for 3 months then get rid of it. 

sounds like xbox game pass

• Haha 1
13 minutes ago, Quad Damage said:

i have no doubt people are doing that, but it makes no sense.

its been said already that disney+ will never have R rated or MA rated content. that alone severely limits the breadth and creative license of your content (as does having content from only 1 company). at some point, adults need something more adult.

its like if someone switched to only playing nintendo published T-rated and below games. there are people that do that, but most sane people have broader tastes. i think just like how a nintendo system is a companion system that needs a playstation/xbox/pc to get third party/adult content, disney+ will be the companion service everyone has along with netflix or hbo max for adult content.

The anecdotal evidence I’ve seen, and I think is what Disney is backing is for people to get the bundle of Hulu (which is where their lineup of mature content is going to go)and Disney plus, which still just slightly cheaper than Netflix combined, who the hell knows if this’ll work out though.

and while agree about Disney’s output, as I really haven’t been too much of a fan of marvel or Star Wars movies, and Pixar has been pretty underwhelming overall this century, I felt like Disney animation studios is one division that most people can agree is pretty damn great at creating new original movies still.

I thought Zootopia, Big Hero 6, Moana, Frozen were at lease on par with Disney’s renessaince era of Animated films (The lion king, beauty and the beast, Aladdin, mulan etc)

it’s going to take a while longer to truly gauge their historical legacy  but there’s no denying at least 2 of those movies had massive cultural impact on the level only classic Disney was ever able to accomplish, plus they garnered massive praise and awards

35 minutes ago, Delita said:

The anecdotal evidence I’ve seen, and I think is what Disney is backing is for people to get the bundle of Hulu (which is where their lineup of mature content is going to go)and Disney plus, which still just slightly cheaper than Netflix combined, who the hell knows if this’ll work out though.

and while agree about Disney’s output, as I really haven’t been too much of a fan of marvel or Star Wars movies, and Pixar has been pretty underwhelming overall this century, I felt like Disney animation studios is one division that most people can agree is pretty damn great at creating new original movies still.

I thought Zootopia, Big Hero 6, Moana, Frozen were at lease on par with Disney’s renessaince era of Animated films (The lion king, beauty and the beast, Aladdin, mulan etc)

it’s going to take a while longer to truly gauge their historical legacy  but there’s no denying at least 2 of those movies had massive cultural impact on the level only classic Disney was ever able to accomplish, plus they garnered massive praise and awards

feels like its going to take a while for disney to beef up hulu, only show i ever hear about it is handmaid. but 2 services taking on netflix makes more sense. another reason i dont think disney+ by itself is a viable netflix replacement or standalone service is because most people go see disney movies at the theatre, so if people are browsing for new movies that just leaves the movies that bombed like malificent and dumbo.

re: disney animation

on par with post-lion king disney renaissance, probably. on par with aladdin, b&b, lion king, strong disagree. ive seen zoo to frozen, and i feel like im done with disney animation. did not watch wreck it ralph 2, will not watch frozen 2. only way i could be won back is if they go back to 2d animation. same with pixar, all i see is the formula. the only movies ill watch are the toy story sequels, out of nostalgia. onward and soul :puke:

1 hour ago, Ramza said:

No but I really want to watch the Mandalorian. Hopefully it's better than the Disney Star Wars movies (seems that way).

much much better. Rogue One was good, this is better than that.