So the Xbox Series X does appear to actually be 12 Teraflops

Phil Spencer just posted Richard Leadbetter's article on the system which makes note of 12 Teraflops four different times. I mean Phil read this and took the time to post it, not saying he would correct them and be like "Well no it's actually X Teraflops" but I can't see him knowingly reading this and then posting it if that wasn't an accurate figure.

So there it is I guess, we're looking at a 12 Teraflop Navi GPU which would equate to a 15 Teraflop GCN GPU. 

Edited by DynamiteCop!
  • Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It doesn't matter at this point... the machines are going to be beastly.  We can safely assume it's 12TF RDNA1 at the very least.  Given that, and the fact that the 5700XT is around 9.75TF.. these con

I don't care about specs but games.  Remember the One X? Hell of a console, sleek, powerful and silent. Oh and everything that you can play on the other console.

And?   you lemshits banged about about xflop x being 6tf all the time and what did you get out of it? What did you gain? Fuck all. You’ve had no games since with none on the horizon.  

45 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

It's gonna sit between a RTX 2080 and 2080 Super, like we said.  Good fucking baseline for next gen :whew: 

@DynamiteCop!

I dont think many people were expecting a 2080 super console .

That's a monster 

Edited by JONBpc
18 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

It's what they have to do, I think it's pretty clear they're targeting losses here. 

They're big enough to take it but still not sure it's the best business strategy. Even with best case cost pricing, say they lose $100 (would realistically be more at $499) on each system, that would mean:

Sell 10m systems at that price, say within the first 6-12 months and that's a billion dollar loss. That's a lot to make up with subs. Would be years before it can hope to be profitable

1 minute ago, madmaltese said:

They're big enough to take it but still not sure it's the best business strategy. Even with best case cost pricing, say they lose $100 (would realistically be more at $499) on each system, that would mean:

Sell 10m systems at that price, say within the first 6-12 months and that's a billion dollar loss. That's a lot to make up with subs. Would be years before it can hope to be profitable

They make several billion just in Live subs, then you calculate in platform fees, game cuts, GamePass, all the other shit.

They make up for it in spades. 

1 minute ago, madmaltese said:

Offer new features on PSN and bump the price a bit.  They're laughing to the bank.

2 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

They make several billion just in Live subs, then you calculate in platform fees, game cuts, GamePass, all the other shit.

They make up for it in spades. 

Not necessarily man, Sony did those loses with PS3 and they just survived the gen, and the PS3 sold as well as the highest selling xbox ever. 

Reaping the benefits now but it didn't look likely back then. 

4 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

Offer new features on PSN and bump the price a bit.  They're laughing to the bank.

Not so sure Sony will do that moving forward unless really forced to by MS really undercutting their console in price. They have been so resistant to price drops this entire gen, the least and slowest price cuts in their history. They haven't even done it this year with PS4 sales now considerably slowing down. 

2 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

Not necessarily man, Sony did those loses with PS3 and they just survived the gen, and the PS3 sold as well as the highest selling xbox ever. 

Reaping the benefits now but it didn't look likely back then. 

Not so sure Sony will do that moving forward unless really forced to by MS really undercutting their console in price. They have been so resistant to price drops this entire gen, the least and slowest price cuts in their history. They haven't even done it this year with PS4 sales now considerably slowing down. 

Yea I'm just spitting shit out there.. but they will mitigate these costs.. for sure.  Maybe PSNow and PC versions of some games play a part it easing the transition?  Who knows?

Just now, Remij_ said:

Yea I'm just spitting shit out there.. but they will mitigate these costs.. for sure.  Maybe PSNow and PC versions of some games play a part it easing the transition?  Who knows?

Yeah selling some games on a new platform (PC) could defs help offset the losses somewhat. Such a crazy balancing act though. Them deciding the benefits and strengths of exclusives to push a system over the software sales. 

Just now, madmaltese said:

Yeah selling some games on a new platform (PC) could defs help offset the losses somewhat. Such a crazy balancing act though. Them deciding the benefits and strengths of exclusives to push a system over the software sales. 

Yea.  I think they're undergoing big time restructuring of their services and broadening their horizons a bit.  Not to mention, Cerny is a crafty motherfucker.  I'm sure with how well they did with the PS4, they're willing to do what it takes to keep their marketshare and release something close to what MS has.

I just can't believe how much money PSN makes them.  They make more money off PSN alone than Nintendo does in its entirety.. lol  

Just now, Remij_ said:

Yea.  I think they're undergoing big time restructuring of their services and broadening their horizons a bit.  Not to mention, Cerny is a crafty motherfucker.  I'm sure with how well they did with the PS4, they're willing to do what it takes to keep their marketshare and release something close to what MS has.

I just can't believe how much money PSN makes them.  They make more money off PSN alone than Nintendo does in its entirety.. lol  

Yeah it's fucking insane numbers and the speed of it's growth has been unreal.