XseX 30% more powerful than PS5.

1 minute ago, Team 2019 said:

I'd like to point out the test doesnt have VRS either. So maybe it's just a BC test model?

Most likely.

It all depends on what they're planning on doing with their BC.  If they do the butterfly shit again, then 36CU would fit the bill.  CU counts are locked in already and as far as we know, there's nothing else that could possibly pertain to PS5.. so it makes sense.

But like I said.. to many "insiders" are way too confident that PS5 is over 10TF.. so that tells me that it's not a 36CU part.  Unless of course the RT solution provides additional compute power to the GPU and it performs like a "10+TF" part.  Could be 36CU+RT solution = 10+TF.  

It's all really impossible to say at this point, but it'll be interesting to see what they settle on.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

XsX is a tongue twister. My tongue doesn't actually twist, it's just hard to pronounce. :|

Ironically the weaker systems always win.   PS4 X360 PS2 PS1 Genesis NES 2600

https://www.vg247.com/2020/01/02/amd-navi-leak-ps5-xbox-series-x-performance-targets/   Leak at AMD.   This was always obvious though. Sony is stuck with the lower price point. 

1 minute ago, Remij_ said:

Most likely.

It all depends on what they're planning on doing with their BC.  If they do the butterfly shit again, then 36CU would fit the bill.  CU counts are locked in already and as far as we know, there's nothing else that could possibly pertain to PS5.. so it makes sense.

100%, these systems are going to be revealed in the next 2-4 months, they're set in stone at this point.

1 minute ago, Team 2019 said:

Well what would a PS5 Pro look like? Probably the same thing as PS4 Pro. I'm talking down the line in 2023.

If they had issues getting BC running on PS5, I'm sure they have a PS5 Pro roadmap in mind when making the 2020 PS5.

PS5 Pro isn't an issue.  PS5 games will be coded to take advantage of PS5 Pro improvements from the get-go I bet.

The issue is ensuring PS4 game compatibility when running on PS5.  Games which weren't coded specifically for that hardware.  They're essentially trying to mimick the hardware by being able to turn off half the CUs and running it at a frequency which mimicks the state the PS4.

Games that are patched would again be able to take full advantage of the system (I woudn't be surprised if some PS4 Pro patches already accounted for this)

3 minutes ago, JONBpc said:

I wonder what XSX enhanced games are gonna be. MS should XSX enhance every 1st party title they have for launch. 4k60fps for all Xb1 titles. Thatll be dope.

I bet a lot of the One X enhanced titles will already be ready to take advantage of Series X.  Probably coded to either run as fast as they can, or hit the FPS cap and hit as high of resolution as they can at that cap.

This isn't even console war BS... but MS really does have the upper hand here.  They've already done a lot of the work that will go into ensuring that their platforms are BC for the foreseeable future.  Sony could run into problems if they keep doing this butterfly/deactivating CUs shit to maintain BC.  It could really limit them going forward.

Edited by Remij_

So many this gen games already look so fucking good. If they could push a lot of those games to 4k60, id be crazy happy.

Shit Id be happy if next gen games looked like this gen games at 60fps. ANd I know its gonna exceed that by quite a bit.

But performance is key. I think people are at the point where they would prefer framerate over resolution, so hopefully Phil stands by what he said about pushing framerates.

9 minutes ago, Team 2019 said:

PS4 games will just use the CPU/GPU upclock for a boost mode and the SSD for instant load times. Maybe better AF.

Those are realistic PS4 BC enhancement imo, and they are pretty damn good imo. Maybe some sharpening filter from AMD.

A gen behind, but yeah thatll be good

Just now, JONBpc said:

So many this gen games already look so fucking good. If they could push a lot of those games to 4k60, id be crazy happy.

Shit Id be happy if next gen games looked like this gen games at 60fps. ANd I know its gonna exceed that by quite a bit.

But performance is key. I think people are at the point where they would prefer framerate over resolution, so hopefully Phil stands by what he said about pushing framerates.

They're definitely going in that direction.  I can see even the visual bar-raising games having the option for 60fps+ with paired back visuals.  They seem to be all about that now.