I think MS may be acquiring Platinum Games

Just now, Team 2019 said:

It's not a logical choice for Platinum if they can't release on other platforms.

Xbox and PC, and a fuck ton of money. Its not like their games are selling like crazy on Ditch

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Oh my gaaawwwwdddd stfu both of you

Nah, we just have to open up the forum everyday and look at your threads.

Why do you think that? Where is your evidence? How do they correlate? You're speculating off nothing! Oh so you're creating a narrative from nothing!  

Whooo boy, got an immediate reaction from making an obvious (and accurate) observation

2 minutes ago, JONBpc said:

Prove that is isn't happening. You cant. Ill wait. 

fag lol

Don't have to prove a negative.

That's be like me asking you to prove that you didn't get diddled by a Catholic priest when you were a child. LOL

2 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

Yea, it's a thread about what I think may be happening based off of this hint of an announcement to come. 

It's called speculation... people do it.

What speculation points it to an acquisition.

It has no hint that points it in that direction. That's not speculation. That's baseless speculation.

Just now, Remij_ said:

It's not a rumor though.  They stated that they will be making an announcement.  This thread is about what I think the announcement is... and Jerry has a problem with that because he's a butthurt bitch.

And he's going to get fucked ROYALLY when HZD is announced for PC :hehe: 

well, these guesses/rumors are basically all i've been seeing on the board, which is fine, because we are nearing that transitional mode. that's all i meant by it. 

3 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

It's not a rumor though.  They stated that they will be making an announcement.  This thread is about what I think the announcement is... and Jerry has a problem with that because he's a butthurt bitch.

And he's going to get fucked ROYALLY when HZD is announced for PC :hehe: 

You have nothing to indiciate that it is a business-related announcement regarding their ownership.

You do understand that Platinum Games typically makes announcements..........of games.

So, the idea of this announcement being related to the entire direction and ownership of the company...is indeed rumor.

.......created almost entirely by you.

Right?

Just now, jehurey said:

Whooo boy, got an immediate reaction from making an obvious (and accurate) observation

Don't have to prove a negative.

That's be like me asking you to prove that you didn't get diddled by a Catholic priest when you were a child. LOL

What speculation points it to an acquisition.

It has no hint that points it in that direction. That's not speculation. That's baseless speculation.

It's not baseless.  I already said Phil was just speaking about having an Asian studio... 

What you're telling me..... is that you can't handle when I speculate about something.. LOL  That's the butthurt coming out. :hest: 

Just now, jehurey said:

You have nothing to indiciate that it is a business-related announcement regarding their ownership.

You do understand that Platinum Games typically makes announcements..........of games.

So, the idea of this announcement being related to the entire direction and ownership of the company...is indeed rumor.

.......created almost entirely by you.

Right?

It's speculation Jerry... It's not a rumor.  I'm not saying it's happening... I'm saying it COULD be happening.

I'm SPECULATING about what it could be... and given Phil's recent comments.. I think it's COMPLETELY POSSIBLE.

Just now, Remij_ said:

It's not baseless.  I already said Phil was just speaking about having an Asian studio... 

What you're telling me..... is that you can't handle when I speculate about something.. LOL  That's the butthurt coming out. :hest: 

So you are taking one story from one person.........and combining it to another vague quote from another person, and trying to bridge a narrative.

Yeah, that's pretty much baseless speculation. That's genuinely trying to create something from two things that you have no proof of them being related.

1 minute ago, Remij_ said:

It's speculation Jerry... It's not a rumor.  I'm not saying it's happening... I'm saying it COULD be happening.

I'm SPECULATING about what it could be... and given Phil's recent comments.. I think it's COMPLETELY POSSIBLE.

No. Its rumor.

You're just created the narrative from nothing.

That is what makes it baseless.

You have now lowered your judgement to: its possible.

1 minute ago, jehurey said:

So you are taking one story from one person.........and combining it to another vague quote from another person, and trying to bridge a narrative.

Yeah, that's pretty much baseless speculation. That's genuinely trying to create something from two things that you have no proof of them being related.

Well... I'll tell you one thing that isn't speculation.

You're REALLY fucking butthurt right now :hest: 

1 minute ago, Remij_ said:

Well... I'll tell you one thing that isn't speculation.

You're REALLY fucking butthurt right now :hest: 

No, it isn't speculation.

Its wishful thinking and/or projection.

Notice how you don't want to talk about the rumor, now?  In your own thread which you made specifically regarding this rumor.

To recap, in your OWN thread, regarding your OWN rumored topic..........you've now attempted to derail your OWN thread.

..........to talk about me on a personal level.

Now that's not speculation at all. That's observable fact. Thank you.

2 minutes ago, jehurey said:

No. Its rumor.

You're just created the narrative from nothing.

That is what makes it baseless.

You have now lowered your judgement to: its possible.

It's not a rumor that Platinum is going to make an announcement.

And it's not a baseless correlation.

Speaking recently in an interview with Inside Games (via VGC), Sato said that the studio will have “big news” to share early this year, and that the coming few weeks and months might spell “the beginning of a new stage” for PlatinumGames as a whole. Sato also mentioned that the studio will be looking to operate at “full speed” this year.

So no... this is obviously about more than just a game.  Therefore I think it's about an acquisition.  Something that affects the entire company and is "the beginning of a new stage".  An acquisition fits that bill.  And given Phil's recent comments... there's a strong possibility that it could be that.

So.... I'm speculating that it IS in fact that.  If you're not going to speculate about what the topic is about... then leave Jehurey.  

• Cooke locked this topic