Matt Booty (Xbox): Our titles for the next year or two will not be next gen exclusive

1 minute ago, Quad Damage said:

because ps4 games launch on ps4 as ps4 exclusives? shocking concept i know :hest:

Stupid . Tlou 2 would be one of the biggest launch games ever.  Nothing ps5 launches with will touch it . 

Thats the point , a game launching in june , vs november . There isn't going to be anything that couldn't be scaled to work on current gen hardware .

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Both of those describe Xbox.

Wish you'd do that for all your posts  

42 minutes ago, JONBpc said:

It's not an excuse , its reality . That's why tlou 2, and Ghostz and such are launching for ps4,  when ps5 is coming just a few months later .

Why didnt they push those back and be ps5 exclusives ? Cause money .

Except Sony isn't calling them PS5 corss-over games

.......are they?

38 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

LMAO Jerry ran into a wall with this one :hest: 

Man y'know its when you're now having to dingleberry off of jonb, of all people.

That's scraping underneath the trash can. lol

33 minutes ago, JONBpc said:

Stupid . Tlou 2 would be one of the biggest launch games ever.  Nothing ps5 launches with will touch it . 

Thats the point , a game launching in june , vs november . There isn't going to be anything that couldn't be scaled to work on current gen hardware .

sony doesnt fuck over fans by delaying current gen games to sell their next gen console and gives their base huge exclusives all the way into the final year. thats partly how sony/playstation have earned good will and confidence by consumers to jump in every gen. if you havent got that by now, you never will.

Edited by Quad Damage
Just now, jehurey said:

Except Sony isn't calling them PS5 corss-over games

.......are they?

Man y'know its when you're now having to dingleberry off of jonb, of all people.

That's scraping underneath the trash can. lol

If they launch on PS5... then they're cross over games :shrug: 

Let me know when you answer his question.  :bena: 

1 minute ago, Remij_ said:

If they launch on PS5... then they're cross over games :shrug: 

Let me know when you answer his question.  :bena: 

No, they're not.

TLOU2 is launching on May 29th.................is that the PS5 launch date?

Are the boxarts going to say "PS5" on it?

Nope, they're gonna say PS4 on the box.

So.........this is where you at, at this point in time?:cat:

3 minutes ago, Quad Damage said:

sony doesnt fuck over fans by delaying current gen games to sell their next gen console and gives their base huge exclusives all the way into the final year. thats partly how sony/playstation have earned good will and confidence by consumers to jump in every gen. if you havent got that by now, you never will.

Yeah , they fuck them over by having no games for a year and selling the ports of the prior years games , and you love it LOL

1 minute ago, Quad Damage said:

sony doesnt fuck over fans by delaying current gen games to sell their next gen console and gives their base huge exclusives all the way into the final year. thats partly how sony/playstation have earned good will and confidence by consumers to jump in every gen to the tune of 80+ million every gen, when the launch lineups are relatively weak. if you havent got that by now, you never will.

Sony's launch games have always sucked.  EVERY. SINGLE. GEN.

Sony has NEVER launched a Playstation with a truly good first party game.  This is why you guys are hoping to fucking GOD that Horizon 2 is ready, as well as a Demon's Souls remake :smilecry: 

That's just facts.. and nothing has given anyone any reason to believe that either of those 2 games will be launch games..  Of course it's possible.. and imo probable that at least one of those games will happen at launch.. but nothing is confirmed yet.

1 minute ago, jehurey said:

No, they're not.

TLOU2 is launching on May 29th.................is that the PS5 launch date?

Are the boxarts going to say "PS5" on it?

Nope, they're gonna say PS4 on the box.

So.........this is where you at, at this point in time?:cat:

If they launch a PS5 version of those games... then it's a cross gen game. LOL please try to refute that..

Aza seems pretty sure that TLOU2 and GoT will get PS5 versions..

Are you stating here right now that you don't think they will?

1 minute ago, Remij_ said:

If they launch a PS5 version of those games... then it's a cross gen game. LOL please try to refute that..

Aza seems pretty sure that TLOU2 and GoT will get PS5 versions..

Are you stating here right now that you don't think they will?

Are they launching PS5 versions?

No, I don't think they will, unless they call them "Remastered" versions..........and they release years later after the original version, and they are listed as a different sku and sell for full price or near full price.

Hence TLOU Remastered and Uncharted Collection.

But TLOU was never a cross-platform game in 2013, now was it?:bena:

1 minute ago, JONBpc said:

Yeah , they fuck them over by having no games for a year and selling the ports of the prior years games , and you love it LOL

Just now, Remij_ said:

Sony's launch games have always sucked.  EVERY. SINGLE. GEN.

Sony has NEVER launched a Playstation with a truly good first party game.  This is why you guys are hoping to fucking GOD that Horizon 2 is ready, as well as a Demon's Souls remake  

That's just facts.. and nothing has given anyone any reason to believe that either of those 2 games will be launch games..  Of course it's possible.. and imo probable that at least one of those games will happen at launch.. but nothing is confirmed yet.

Q7wqiRH.png

by all means keep thinking xbox is doing it right :smilecry:

6 minutes ago, jehurey said:

Are they launching PS5 versions?

No, I don't think they will, unless they call them "Remastered" versions..........and they release years later after the original version, and they are listed as a different sku and sell for full price or near full price.

Hence TLOU Remastered and Uncharted Collection.

But TLOU was never a cross-platform game in 2013, now was it?:bena:

I dunno ARE they?

That doesn't even matter to what I'm saying to you.  IF THEY DO... then they are cross gen games.. it's that simple.  You don't have to lose your shit over that.

3 minutes ago, JONBpc said:

Ps5s biggest games of its first year will be ps5 enhanced versions of ps4 games .

So now the lemmings are giving up on exclusives vs cross gen and now arguing about PS5's biggest games launching on PS4 this year before PS5 launches? :drake: 

The biggest difference this generation is backwards compatibility. Remasters at this point seem more unlikely than ever before... but Microsoft will still be releasing cross-gen games for the next 2 years being held back by 1.3TF Xbox One. :mj: 

2 minutes ago, Quad Damage said:

Q7wqiRH.png

by all means keep thinking xbox is doing it right :smilecry:

I said PS has never launched with a good FP exclusive game.  It's true.  You're not refuting that.. so I don't see why you're posting sales numbers lmao.

5 minutes ago, lynux3 said:

So now the lemmings are giving up on exclusives vs cross gen and now arguing about PS5's biggest games launching on PS4 this year before PS5 launches? :drake: 

The biggest difference this generation is backwards compatibility. Remasters at this point seem more unlikely than ever before... but Microsoft will still be releasing cross-gen games for the next 2 years being held back by 1.3TF Xbox One. :mj: 

If the biggest games you launch PS5 with are remasters of last gen games..... then it doesn't really fucking matter if they launch on PS4 first... they're cross gen games.  That actually makes it worse.. . because that way there would be even less reason to buy the new console to play said game because you would have already played it on your PS4 earlier.  With a game like Halo Infinite... it's releasing on both at the same time... so the new game excitement is there regardless..

Edited by Remij_
Just now, Remij_ said:

I said PS has never launched with a good FP exclusive game.  It's true.  You're not refuting that.. so I don't see why you're posting sales numbers lmao.

like i said already, if you havent figured out the formula for console success after 20 YEARS , YOU WILL NEVER GET IT :hest:

Just now, Quad Damage said:

like i said already, if you havent figured out the formula for console success after 20 YEARS , YOU WILL NEVER GET IT :hest:

:snoop: 

If you haven't figured it out yet... quoting me, and then responding with something that doesn't refute what you're quoting... isn't helping you..at all.

2 minutes ago, lynux3 said:

They will be ps5 enhanced,  and you'll play them again.  If they aren't then Sony is pathetic lol .

It's ok for tlou to release on ps4 , but a game that started dev 6 months after that for xbox that releases on xb1 and XSX is unacceptable. 

You're retarded.  Let's hope a new resogun makes launch,  so you can talk about it for the first 6 months of ps5 LMAO