US Holiday Season Hardware sales numbers, Switch over 2 million in Dec alone, Xbox1 #2 in Dec.

4 hours ago, Remij_ said:

:cosby2: 

My entire point is that Switch selling more in 2019 according to NPD does not mean that people care about Switch more than PS4.  It doesn't mean that people like their new Switches better than their previously bought PS4s...  it simply means people bought them.. for whatever reason.

NPD sales numbers, and Metacritic games lists don't indicate AT ALL, people preferring Switch over PS4.

Quite CLEARLY more people own and care about PS4 than Switch in 2019.  More people spent more money on Playstation in 2019.  Sony made more money than Nintendo in 2019.  So that's not even up for debate.  When you ask people directly... you get poll results like ResetERAs Platform of the year result.  :shrug: 

That's a very dumbass logic to use and now you're arguing just to argue about Semantics..... you and Jehurey can go in circles about that semantics shit.. not me... but I'll address that shit then jump off your semantic train BS. 

PS4 released before Switch, Of course more people own a PS4 than Switch because PS4 is also successful and has been out Twice as long.  (This doesn't apply to Xbox1 for obvious reasons.... Switch already passed it in less than 3 years on the market:drake:

Using your Dumb ass logic, more people will care about a Switch and PS4 than PS5 and Series X for the next 3+ years.... since you know more people currently own Switch and PS4s so it doesn't matter how much PS5 and Series X sell in individual years because it will still be less than PS4's and Switch's total userbase :grimaceleft:

You keep displaying dumb ass lemming like logic... hence why we started calling you LemiJ. 

My post you quoted still stands, you're trying to downplay Switch's Success in 2019 just like DynamiteCop used to do in 2017/18.  Switch 2019 US Hardware sales were the HIGHEST OF THIS ENTIRE GEN... that's a huge success.   You trying to downplay that is beyond salty. 

From March 2017 through Dec 2019, Switch total hardware sales is higher than any other console.  So you could say since Switch launched until now, more people cared to purchase a Switch than any other system :tom5:

Edited by Goukosan
  • Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

profitability over numbers sold. They are over 106m and the gen is ending so they don't really care much about getting more out there tbh. They'd rather make money while selling consoles then just sel

Just look at the amount of TRASH on this system in just over a couple weeks.  

Posted Images

3 hours ago, Goukosan said:

PS4 released before Switch, Of course more people own a PS4 than Switch because PS4 is also successful and has been out Twice as long.  (This doesn't apply to Xbox1 for obvious reasons.... Switch already passed it in less than 3 years on the market:drake:)  

Yes... exactly... more people care about PS4... because more people owned them in 2019...

So when were talking about which platform most people care the most about in 2019.... it's the PS4..

And YES... in 2020 more people will care about the Switch and PS4 than they will the PS5 and XSX.... duh... more people own them... its not hard to understand.. :lemming:

There's a reason why people call you Goobersan :drake:

Edited by Remij_

From March 2017 through Dec 2019, Switch total hardware sales is higher than any other console.  So you could say since Switch launched until now, more people cared to purchase a Switch than any other system :tom5:

Yeah you could say that.

You'd be right.. if that's all you're saying.

If you try to say that because more people bought Switches in that timeframe that those same people like their Switches more than their PS4s... then I'd have an issue... because that's certainly not a fact.

To know that...you have to ask people... and ReserERA did... and people liked PS4 BEST :shrug:

31 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

Yeah you could say that.

You'd be right.. if that's all you're saying.

If you try to say that because more people bought Switches in that timeframe that those same people like their Switches more than their PS4s... then I'd have an issue... because that's certainly not a fact.

To know that...you have to ask people... and ReserERA did... and people liked PS4 BEST :shrug:

Yes that's all im saying... because that stupid argument you introduced as damage control is irrelevant. 

Hey as soon as you can provide a statically backed poll to show who likes which system more then we can have that discussion. 

Until then as I mentioned I'm not having a stupid irrelevant argument with you where you try to use a resetera poll to represent the entire gaming public. 

Thread topic - Switch had a beastly 2019...the end. 

Edited by Goukosan
34 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

Yes... exactly... more people care about PS4... because more people owned them in 2019...

So when were talking about which platform most people care the most about in 2019.... it's the PS4..

And YES... in 2020 more people will care about the Switch and PS4 than they will the PS5 and XSX.... duh... more people own them... its not hard to understand.. :lemming:

There's a reason why people call you Goobersan :drake:

Again that's irrelevant and a stupid argument.   That stupid argument will follow you into next gen.   Less people will care abound X series X and PS5 than Switch, PS4, PS3, 360, NES, SNES, Atari, Colecovision etc......... god damn.. what a stupid argument. :drake:

More people cared to purchase a Switch since launch than any other system since.... Switch is launch aligned ahead of PS4 and PS2..... and it has already surpassed Xbox1.... your spin won't change that fact LemiJ:tom5:

Edited by Goukosan
1 hour ago, Goukosan said:

Again that's irrelevant and a stupid argument.   That stupid argument will follow you into next gen.   Less people will care abound X series X and PS5 than Switch, PS4, PS3, 360, NES, SNES, Atari, Colecovision etc......... god damn.. what a stupid argument. :drake:

More people cared to purchase a Switch since launch than any other system since.... Switch is launch aligned ahead of PS4 and PS2..... and it has already surpassed Xbox1.... your spin won't change that fact LemiJ:tom5:

Your logic that because someone bought something it means they like said something more than another said something they bought.... is fucking retarded.  

I never said you couldn't say Switch sold more retard... just dont insinuate that because it sold more than PS4.. that people think it's better.... because when you actually ASK people that question... PS4 stomps it Goobisan..

Next time instead of getting your fee fees hurt.. look at what people are actually saying.

:cries: he's downplaying Switches success! Attack him!!!!!! :cries:

Edited by Remij_
24 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

Your logic that because someone bought something it means they like said something more than another said something they bought.... is fucking retarded.  

I never said you couldn't say Switch sold more retard... just dont insinuate that because it sold more than PS4.. that people think it's better.... because when you actually ASK people that question... PS4 stomps it Goobisan..

Next time instead of getting your fee fees hurt.. look at what people are actually saying.

:cries: he's downplaying Switches success! Get him!!!!!! :cries:

I never argued that you retard.

That was your Damage control you threw into the pot and then you kept trying to pull me into that stupid argument...... 

how are you going to introduce a tangent and then try to tell me I'm on the opposite side of the Tanget when I'm not even arguing that stupid Tanget with you? :drake:

my point from the jump was Switch had a monster year...... you tried to downplay that with "bbbbut Resetera liked other systems more"..... ok...... and that's irreverent to Switch having a monster Year. 

Go try pull other posters into your pages long tangent arguments..... Im sticking to the topic.

Switch had a monster year... the end. :tom5:

Edited by Goukosan

I never argued that you retard.

Good... as long as you're not arguing that... then shut the fuck up, because I'm not saying anything against your precious Switch numbers dipshit.. you're the one that perceives that as an attack on Switch :lemming: 

My only point was "just because a console sells the most in one year, does not mean more people like that console better than another console they own"  so as long as you don't insinuate that Switch is better, then you're fine.  People REALLY DONT give a shit about your fucking fanboy numbers...  When it comes to what people liked the most... when they were asked.. it was PS4.  LOL go cry in a fucking river with your sales numbers :drake: 

Edited by Remij_
6 hours ago, Goukosan said:

how are you going to introduce a tangent and then try to tell me I'm on the opposite side of the Tangent when I'm not even arguing that stupid Tangent with you? :drake:

he's been doing that alot, lately :mjgrin:

it what he does when he knows he's on a losing argument, so he wants to move onto an argument he thinks he can win.

2 hours ago, Remij_ said:

My only point was "just because a console sells the most in one year, does not mean more people like that console better than another console they own"

in 2019, they clearly did.

.......on the switch............consumers clearly did care about one over the other.

you can't even win that argument.

8 minutes ago, jehurey said:

in 2019, they clearly did.

.......on the switch............consumers clearly did care about one over the other.

you can't even win that argument.

No lmao.

Consumers bought more of one than the other... because the other has already saturated the market.  

That says NOTHING about what system they liked better in 2019

Idiot :hest: 

12 minutes ago, jehurey said:

he's been doing that alot, lately :mjgrin:

it what he does when he knows he's on a losing argument, so he wants to move onto an argument he thinks he can win.

Not at all.  I never contested that the Switch didn't sell the most this year than PS4.  My argument from the start is that if you try to present those numbers to mean that Switch was a better platform in 2019... then I'm calling your bitch ass out on it... because that's simply not a fact.

You tried dodging that by claiming "bubut people care about Switch because they bought it"... which has nothing to do with what I said.  Switch selling more in 2019, and having more "good rated games" on Metacritic in 2019 does not mean for a fact that people think it's a better platform to own in 2019 than PS4.

Not EVER.  :reg: 

23 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

No lmao.

Consumers bought more of one than the other... because the other has already saturated the market.  

That says NOTHING about what system they liked better in 2019

Idiot :hest: 

Yeah it does........you answered it yourself.

Saturated. People already had enough of the PS4.

The Switch is clearly the hotter item.

It really is amazing how you have no idea how weak your argument is.

Lets say Avengers Infinity War comes out, earns $200 million dollars opening weekend...........and you say "people like Avengers more than Justice League"

And then I say "well, technically Justice League has earned 657 million worldwide as of right now........so clearly by that logic people like Justice League more":lemming:

That would a very............very..................very stupid and shortsighted argument to make, right?

Baby, the Switch has sold 50% of what the PS4 has sold in 40% of the time. Its the hotter system.

You will never be able to get around that. And you know it.

Edited by jehurey
14 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

Not at all.  I never contested that the Switch didn't sell the most this year than PS4.  My argument from the start is that if you try to present those numbers to mean that Switch was a better platform in 2019... then I'm calling your bitch ass out on it... because that's simply not a fact.

You tried dodging that by claiming "bubut people care about Switch because they bought it"... which has nothing to do with what I said.  Switch selling more in 2019, and having more "good rated games" on Metacritic in 2019 does not mean for a fact that people think it's a better platform to own in 2019 than PS4.

Not EVER.  :reg: 

Yes. And you do it all the time.

You've been caught..............BUSTED.............trying to change the context of arguments, or trying to shift onto tangential arguments.

I bust you all the time.

Sorry, sweetie..............little too late to project something you do, onto others.

7 minutes ago, jehurey said:

Yeah it does........you answered it yourself.

Saturated. People already had enough of the PS4.

The Switch is clearly the hotter item.

It really is amazing how you have no idea how weak your argument is.

Lets say Avengers Infinity War comes out, earns $200 million dollars opening weekend...........and you say "people like Avengers more than Justice League"

And then I say "well, technically Justice League has earned 657 million worldwide as of right now........so clearly by that logic people like Justice League more":lemming:

That would a very............very..................very stupid and shortsighted argument to make, right?

Baby, the Switch has sold 50% of what the PS4 has sold in 40% of the time. Its the hotter system.

You will never be able to get around that. And you know it.

"had enough of the PS4"

No.... people didn't have "enough of the PS4"..... enough people have PS4s already......

VERY CLEAR distinction there... idiot.

Trying to talk about "hotter item" :rofls: 

Then bringing up your weak as fuck analogy which completely misses the point... because the amount of money movies make HAS NOTHING TO DO with whether people actually LIKED ONE MOVIE MORE THAN THE OTHER... all it means is more people went to see it... LMFAO THANK YOU for making it so crystal clear how fucking STUPID your logic is!! :tom: 

Edited by Remij_
Just now, Remij_ said:

"had enough of the PS4"

No.... people didn't have "enough of the PS4"..... enough people have PS4s already......

VERY CLEAR distinction there... idiot.

Trying to talk about "hotter item" :rofls: 

Then bringing up your weak as fuck analogy which completely misses the point... because the amount of money movies make HAS NOTHING TO DO with whether people actually LIKED ONE MOVIE MORE THAN THE OTHER... LMFAO THANK YOU for making it so crystal clear how fucking STUPID your logic is!! :tom: 

No they have.

by a 2 to 1 margin.

Yeah, people are into the Switch more. And its games.

Because if nobody found any value in the Switch and its exclusives.........then all of the PS4 owners on THIS FORUM would have never bought a Switch.

But they did.:reg:

The Switch is selling hotter and its expected to continue to sell hotter at a faster pace than Sony has ever achieved.

There's nothing you can say that is going to debunk that.:shrug:Switch achieved more is less time.

If the PS5 achieves more than the Switch in less time, I would say that THAT is the hotter item based on just that period of data.

1 minute ago, jehurey said:

No they have.

by a 2 to 1 margin.

Yeah, people are into the Switch more. And its games.

Because if nobody found any value in the Switch and its exclusives.........then all of the PS4 owners on THIS FORUM would have never bought a Switch.

But they did.:reg:

The Switch is selling hotter and its expected to continue to sell hotter at a faster pace than Sony has ever achieved.

There's nothing you can say that is going to debunk that.:shrug:Switch achieved more is less time.

If the PS5 achieves more than the Switch in less time, I would say that THAT is the hotter item based on just that period of data.

I never said anything about that.  LMAO... you're moving goalposts in an attempt to draw me into a... strawman.. surprise surprise... :roll: 

Switch absolutely sold the most.  No question.

That doesn't mean that more people liked the Switch in 2019.  LOL.. you can ASK people which system they preferred.  One popular gaming forum which is strongly pro Switch placed in last out of all the consoles in 2019, unfortunately.

Still sold REALLY well though.  If that makes you happy :shrug: 

6 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

I never said anything about that.  LMAO... you're moving goalposts in an attempt to draw me into a... strawman.. surprise surprise... :roll: 

Switch absolutely sold the most.  No question.

That doesn't mean that more people liked the Switch in 2019.  LOL.. you can ASK people which system they preferred.  One popular gaming forum which is strongly pro Switch placed in last out of all the consoles in 2019, unfortunately.

Still sold REALLY well though.  If that makes you happy :shrug: 

No one is moving goalposts............you're not responding back to what I've said.

PS4 is saturated...........people who own PS4 are simply not finding as much to like the system in 2019 as in previous years.

And those same people bought Switches, and they found more games for Switch in 2019, to make them care more about it. 

The proof is in the sales of the hardware AND the Top 20 NPD software. Switch exclusives make up a third......absolutely blowing away any other platform exclusives and any other publisher.

You pathetically tried to argue the sales of a product for something that has been on the market for over 6  years versus one that has been on the market for 2.75 years. It just doesn't work, and is flawed, because how people feel about a PS4 during its hotter years (2016/2017) doesn't compensate for 2019.

Like I said, if the PS5 were to come out and BREAK RECORDS even hotter than Switch's first two years........I wouldn't be comparing 5 years of Switch sales versus 2 years of PS5 like a butthurt bitch.

I'd admit that the PS5 has reach HOTTER levels than the Switch ever did.

That's called having integrity in what you believe in. Too bad you'll never achieve that.

Edited by jehurey