US Holiday Season Hardware sales numbers, Switch over 2 million in Dec alone, Xbox1 #2 in Dec.

1 minute ago, Remij_ said:

Sorry... but you are insinuating that what you are saying makes Switch a better system than the others in 2019...

I don't have to insinuate anything.

[taps scoreboard]

Switch sold more in 2019. That's objective data.

You are operating on nothing but speculation and anecdotal information to try and create measurements of things that are intangible in nature.

Which is even more ridiculous because hard sales data can also do that. You're gonna have a hard time trying to convince anybody that something that sells alot, at a record-breaking level, is failing to 'satisfy" people. lol

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

profitability over numbers sold. They are over 106m and the gen is ending so they don't really care much about getting more out there tbh. They'd rather make money while selling consoles then just sel

Just look at the amount of TRASH on this system in just over a couple weeks.  

Posted Images

9 minutes ago, jehurey said:

I don't have to insinuate anything.

[taps scoreboard]

Switch sold more in 2019. That's objective data.

You are operating on nothing but speculation and anecdotal information to try and create measurements of things that are intangible in nature.

Which is even more ridiculous because hard sales data can also do that. You're gonna have a hard time trying to convince anybody that something that sells alot, at a record-breaking level, is failing to 'satisfy" people. lol

You ARE insinuating though... you don't have to... but you ARE.. which is why you're continuing to argue with me about this, despite being clearly shown that your talking points mean shit to people.

I'm telling you your data points don't translate into people thinking a product is better than another product... which is what you are trying to PROJECT. You're being told that Switch has a bloated shitshow of an eshop and you guys keep toting that Switch had the most good releases in 2019 according to Metacritic...  I'm telling you that datapoint doesn't fucking matter to people and it certainly doesn't mean people are more satisfied with their Switches than they are any other platform.  When asked DIRECTLY that question, they responded in a very CLEAR way.. showing that your data points, don't mean shit.

To your last point... I guess since Xbox sold almost as much as Sony throughout the year of 2019 in this capitalistic country... that means that people were equally as satisfied with their Xboxes as PS4 buyers were with their PS4s in 2019..:bena:   It's not like other things can influence people's decisions to purchase things and influence their satisfaction with a product, right? You know, like specific games, price, availability, ect :drake: 

Edited by Remij_

You ARE insinuating though... you don't have to... but you ARE.. which is why you're continuing to argue with me about this, despite being clearly shown that your talking points mean shit to people.

I'm telling you your data points don't translate into people thinking a product is better than another product.  You're being told that Switch has a bloated shitshow of an eshop and you guys keep toting that Switch had the most good releases in 2019 according to Metacritic...  I'm telling you that datapoint doesn't fucking matter to people and it certainly doesn't mean people are more satisfied with their Switches than they are any other platform.  When asked DIRECTLY that question, they responded in a very CLEAR way.. showing that your data points, don't mean shit.

To your last point... I guess since Xbox sold almost as much as Sony throughout the year of 2019 in this capitalistic country... that means that people were equally as satisfied with their Xboxes as PS4 buyers were with their PS4s in 2019..:bena:   It's not like other things can influence people's decisions to purchase things and influence their satisfaction with a product, right? You know, like specific games, price, availability, ect :drake: 

No, I'm not.

I didn't try to change the discussion over to "satisfaction" did I?

Nope, you did.

The original discussion is that people care and want the Switch, the most, in 2019.

They cared and gave so much of a "fuck" about the Switch, that they spent their finite amount of money  to buy alot more of it.

Dude, you are trying to change the topic at every turn...........and its its NOT going to work with me. You can try it 1000 different ways, i'll catch it everytime.

And then to top it off.......you go and make an admission of your lemming fanboy-ness by trying to find a silver-lining for Xbox.

:drake:As if you couldn't do me any more favors.

Just now, jehurey said:

The original discussion is that people care and want the Switch, the most, in 2019.

I'm directly contending that notion... idiot.  Just because more people bought a Switch in 2019... does NOT mean that they care more about it in 2019 than other platforms.. :drake: 

Because WHEN YOU ASK PEOPLE DIRECTLY ABOUT WHICH PLATFORMS THEY CARE ABOUT IN 2019... THEY OVERWHELMINGLY VOTE IN FAVOR OF OTHER PLATFORMS.

22 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

I'm directly contending that notion... idiot.  Just because more people bought a Switch in 2019... does NOT mean that they care more about it in 2019 than other platforms.. :drake: 

Because WHEN YOU ASK PEOPLE DIRECTLY ABOUT WHICH PLATFORMS THEY CARE ABOUT IN 2019... THEY OVERWHELMINGLY VOTE IN FAVOR OF OTHER PLATFORMS.

You're contesting it......with irrelevant, anecdotal evidence that doesn't carry any legitimacy.

You can talk about your web forum poll all you want.........its literally not considered a valid scientific or mathematically legitimate poll by universal standards of polling.

I explained why that is.........and you ran away from responding to it.

You've lost............I don't care how many times you attempt to re-package your argument, it still ends up being a losing argument.

51 minutes ago, Quad Damage said:

im looking at launch aligned years

ps4 year 1 & 2 = $400

ps4 year 3 = $350; introduced $400 sku (pro)

switch year 1 - 3 = $300

swtich year 3 = introduced $200 sku (lite)

:mjpls:

that's Sony's probably with the price :tophat2:

Switch already exceeded PS4 entire gen peak years last year :aitch:

34 minutes ago, jehurey said:

You're contesting it......with irrelevant, anecdotal evidence that doesn't carry any legitimacy.

You can talk about your web forum poll all you want.........its literally not considered a valid scientific or mathematically legitimate poll by universal standards of polling.

I explained why that is.........and you ran away from responding to it.

You've lost............I don't care how many times you attempt to re-package your argument, it still ends up being a losing argument.

The people were asked, Jehurey.... you didn't like the answer is all :shrug:  

To know what people care about, and like the most in comparison to each other in 2019... you have to ask them that directly.  Metacritic numbers and NPD numbers don't tell that story..

Denied :reg: 

2 hours ago, Remij_ said:

The people

Know....its a web poll that is not scientifically sound.

Its anecdotal.

So I'm not saying that it didn't happen, that web poll did indeed happen.....I'm saying its anecdotal and carries no weight compared to objective data.

Which is completely true, and you can't debunk that. You will NEVER be able to make your web poll anything else but anecdotal information.

Keep on trying....I'll keep on reminding you of that.

5 minutes ago, jehurey said:

Know....its a web poll that is not scientifically sound.

Its anecdotal.

So I'm not saying that it didn't happen, that web poll did indeed happen.....I'm saying its anecdotal and carries no weight compared to objective data.

Which is completely true, and you can't debunk that. You will NEVER be able to make your web poll anything else but anecdotal information.

Keep on trying....I'll keep on reminding you of that.

I'm not saying your data points aren't true... I'm saying they don't mean what you are insinuating they mean... which is that more people care about and want the Switch most in 2019.

Regardless of how much you try to downplay it... the people were asked SPECIFICALLY what platforms they cared about most in 2019... and out of PS4/PC/XO/SW... it was dead last.  Nobody cared that Switch had more good releases according to Metacritic, or that it sold more in that year according to NPD.  Those are IRRELEVANT :francis: 

The PEOPLE have spoken. :blessed: 

It's insane PS4 was able to eclipse 100 million with only $100 price drop within the first 3 years. Once in 2015 ($349) and once in 2016 ($299). There hasn't been an official price drop for over 3 years now. I was thinking that Sony was going to get themselves setup with a PS4 on 7nm and get down to $199, but with them wanting to migrate the user base as quickly as possible it doesn't seem likely anymore.

2 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

I'm not saying your data points aren't true... I'm saying they don't mean what you are insinuating they mean... which is that more people care about and want the Switch most in 2019.

Regardless of how much you try to downplay it... the people were asked SPECIFICALLY what platforms they cared about most in 2019... and out of PS4/PC/XO/SW... it was dead last.  Nobody cared that Switch had more good releases according to Metacritic, or that it sold more in that year according to NPD.  Those are IRRELEVANT :francis: 

The PEOPLE have spoken. :blessed: 

Except they do.

THere is no greater measurement of product engagement that the actual purchase of said product.

2 to 1 margin......that's more than enough to get a sense of how people feel about the consoles during this year.

One third of the Top 20 NPD highest selling games came from ONE PUBLISHER, the same company that had the highest selling video game hardware product of the year, by a large margin.

You......have a web forum poll.

They aren't People.......because my stats are more encompassing. 

You they An Anecdote.

An Anecdote has spoken........and they don't mean shit to the data I just provided.

Sorry. Its just not going to happen.

Nope... not at all.  And you know it. :cmpunk1:

No they do.

I have objective data.......you have a web forum poll that carries no legitimately as a measurement toll, because its fundamentally not a sound survey method.

That's not me talking......that's Pew Research, you know......the people who actually invested the business of polling and surveying.

Sorry......go pound sand.

Just now, jehurey said:

No they do.

I have objective data.......you have a web forum poll that carries no legitimately as a measurement toll, because its fundamentally not a sound survey method.

That's not me talking......that's Pew Research, you know......the people who actually invested the business of polling and surveying.

Sorry......go pound sand.

I'm not arguing your data numbers... I'm arguing what you think that data means.

It's meaningless...

What you need to do to figure out which platform people cared about and was best in 2019.. is ask them.   Luckily the biggest gaming forum on the internet did just that... on a very PRO Switch forum at that... and it was still dead last :hest: 

I'm not arguing your data numbers... I'm arguing what you think that data means.

It's meaningless...

What you need to do to figure out which platform people cared about and was best in 2019.. is ask them.   Luckily the biggest gaming forum on the internet did just that... on a very PRO Switch forum at that... and it was still dead last :hest: 

No.

my data is objective.

yours is subjective.

Mines literally carries more weight, every day of the week.

I don't need to ask them when I can track the MONEY, and where the consumers used it to buy which product.

2 to 1........its not close.

Just now, jehurey said:

No.

my data is objective.

yours is subjective.

Mines literally carries more weight, every day of the week.

I don't need to ask them when I can track the MONEY, and where the consumers used it to buy which product.

2 to 1........its not close.

My data means something.  It's SPECIFIC to what people view as the best platform of 2019.

Your data... is MEANINGLESS when speaking to that point.

It literally carries LESS weight than even a basic forum poll.  That's what you need to know... because YOUR DATA doesn't PROVE what you're implying it does..

You're NEVER changing that.

Just now, Remij_ said:

My data means something.  It's SPECIFIC

No, its not SPECIFIC.

Its NARROW.

My data isn't.

Because my data is EVERY CONSUMER PURCHASE that occurred in America regarding video game hardware. Its all-encompassing.

You just admitted that you were trying to frame this in an INCOMPLETE and NARROW manner.

And it will never work. Not with me.

3 minutes ago, jehurey said:

No, its not SPECIFIC.

Its NARROW.

My data isn't.

Because my data is EVERY CONSUMER PURCHASE that occurred in America regarding video game hardware. Its all-encompassing.

You just admitted that you were trying to frame this in an INCOMPLETE and NARROW manner.

And it will never work. Not with me.

It's not narrow.  It's wide open.  Worldwide...

It's EXTREMELY SPECIFIC about which system people think was the best in 2019.  That was the point of the poll.

The point of NPD and Metacritic numbers isn't to say which platform was the most preferred platform in 2019.... LMAO.