The Half-Life games are free-to-play until March 20th

Yea... because the thing you want to do RIGHT BEFORE you release a groundbreaking HL game in VR, is give people a terribly rudimentary version of that experience and potentially turn new people off of the series altogether?  Sounds great!

:tom: 

• Thanks 1
  • Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You are stupid. There is a difference between wrinkly old graphics as it was intended to be played OR like you say in a VR version of it? are you fucking stupid or what?    anyway I think it

Yea... because the thing you want to do RIGHT BEFORE you release a groundbreaking HL game in VR, is give people a terribly rudimentary version of that experience and potentially turn new people off of

Thanks steam , timed free play of an old ass game . Maybe look what Epic is doing?

It needs the number 3 breh :noah:

Remember when Square Enix dick slapped us with FF Advent Children and that borderline shitty vincent shooter game instead of just remaking FF7? Same deal. Although Alyx will probably be great. 

Edited by Cell
5 hours ago, Twinblade said:

That would be disappointing. HL3 needs to be a much bigger budget production that won't be hampered by VR.

I mean it's the next Half Life game so all the HL3 hype is meant for this game in a sense, I don't mean that an actual Half Life 3 couldn't be bigger and maybe the last big bang in the series... :jordan3:

5 hours ago, Twinblade said:

That would be disappointing. HL3 needs to be a much bigger budget production that won't be hampered by VR.

I don't understand this reasoning.  

I mean, OBVIOUSLY the fact that it being VR limits how many people can and will potentially be able to play the game... however, immersiveness and gameplay will ALWAYS make the experience feel more next-gen than prettier graphics ever will.

Half Life as a franchise deserves the chance to push what VR can offer as far as it can go IMO.

3 minutes ago, JONBpc said:

Vr wont make this a better game than a real hl3. Floaty hands lmao 

Modders will make it playable w o VR

I think it will make it better in a different way than it ever could have been as a "real" HL3.

Maybe in some ways . Overall not close.  This is a sales tool to sell shitty vr headsets that flopped

It probably wont even be better than hl2 , as it is now. 

Hl3 should have been a traditional massive budget game.  I do recall hl2 innovating in it's time. Didnt need some flop gimmick to do that.

1 minute ago, JONBpc said:

Maybe in some ways . Overall not close.  This is a sales tool to sell shitty vr headsets that flopped

It probably wont even be better than hl2 , as it is now. 

Hl3 should have been a traditional massive budget game.  I do recall hl2 innovating in it's time. Didnt need some flop gimmick to do that.

I'll have to wait till I play it to see if it's ultimately better as a game or not.. but HL has always been about pushing things forward.  Making the same game with prettier graphics is probably boring to them.  Giving people a new and exciting way to interact with the world and "feeling like you're there" while figuring out and solving technical hurdles is probably what motivated them to make anything HL again in the first place.

Hopefully it does well commercially and critically and Valve has made something that reinvigorates them to push ahead with a traditional game... but I'm just as happy either way.

23 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

I don't understand this reasoning.  

I mean, OBVIOUSLY the fact that it being VR limits how many people can and will potentially be able to play the game... however, immersiveness and gameplay will ALWAYS make the experience feel more next-gen than prettier graphics ever will.

Half Life as a franchise deserves the chance to push what VR can offer as far as it can go IMO.

Yeah im sure floating hands in VR is the epitome of immersion. Half Life is known for pushing technical boundaries, and VR is simply not in a place where it could do justice to what HL3 should be.

2 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Yeah im sure floating hands in VR is the epitome of immersion. Half Life is known for pushing technical boundaries, and VR is simply not in a place where it could do justice to what HL3 should be.

Fuck off with the "floaty hands" shit... You can tell that people who say that shit have never played a VR game in their life :tom: 

And I disagree... VR is exactly the place where Valve can push boundaries and do justice to the technology....

Edited by Remij_

You dont need vr to push boundaries.  It will be a sales flop strictly because it's for vr , which is a sales flop .

The game would sell 10 times more if it were a traditional game . It will probably much shorter , with an incredibly small budget. 

This is cheap trash to push vr . 

The gamers have spoken , nobody wants vr , nobody wants this over hl3 , and floaty hands are real .

This is typical current day Valve. Cheap .

Just now, JONBpc said:

You dont need vr to push boundaries.  It will be a sales flop strictly because it's for vr , which is a sales flop .

The game would sell 10 times more if it were a traditional game . It will probably much shorter , with an incredibly small budget. 

This is cheap trash to push vr . 

The gamers have spoken , nobody wants vr , nobody wants this over hl3 , and floaty hands are real .

This is typical current day Valve. Cheap .

The game will not flop.  The budget isn't monstrous.

I doubt they care.  They make things that interest them... they never have to make another HL game again

I get that you're upset because you have to buy a VR set or play a bootleg modded version... but:shrug:  

I know they dont care . And yes I know they only care about themselves and pushing their shitty flop products. 

If they cared about the gamer , they'd make games . Games people want .

Why spend massive money to make HL3 when they can make some shitty gimmick HL game to push shitty vr. 

The steam fanboys are worse than sheep , and people who bought VR need something to play I guess. 

3 minutes ago, JONBpc said:

I know they dont care . And yes I know they only care about themselves and pushing their shitty flop products. 

If they cared about the gamer , they'd make games . Games people want .

Why spend massive money to make HL3 when they can make some shitty gimmick HL game to push shitty vr. 

The steam fanboys are worse than sheep , and people who bought VR need something to play I guess. 

You seem butthurt :shrug: