The Half-Life games are free-to-play until March 20th

I don't know who doesn't already have these considering you can buy all of them for like a $1, but hey just thought I'd post it.

You will not own the games after March 20th, it's basically a free extended weekend until Half-Life: Alyx comes out.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You are stupid. There is a difference between wrinkly old graphics as it was intended to be played OR like you say in a VR version of it? are you fucking stupid or what?    anyway I think it

Yea... because the thing you want to do RIGHT BEFORE you release a groundbreaking HL game in VR, is give people a terribly rudimentary version of that experience and potentially turn new people off of

Thanks steam , timed free play of an old ass game . Maybe look what Epic is doing?

Samsung is selling their own VR headseat, its a "Windows mixed Reality" headset that also works with Steam VR games.

The HMD Odyssey+, so its the revised version that came out sometime in late 2018.

They've dropped the price down to $230. Original selling price was $500.

Doesn't that have one of the higher-end eye resolutions? What type of tracking does it use?

It has what they call "anti Screen Door Effect" technology, Anti-SDE.  I'm sure their controllers are not going to be as good as Valve's finger-detecting controllers. Less buttons on the controllers, as well.

13 hours ago, jehurey said:

I was thinking that maybe they would do something nice and offer updates to the game to convert them to VR.  But I'm certain Valve would only do that 2 years from now, and sell them as new versions for money.

lol what do you mean? I don't think you can take a game and - whoop - *snap*, now you have a VR version of it. :|  

what if they make VR versions of their own games and sell them "again" later? it's a common thing, you are such a bitch sometimes lol

Edited by kaz
1 minute ago, kaz said:

lol what do you mean? I don't think you can take a game and - whoop - *snip*, now you have a VR version of it. :|  

what if they make VR versions of their own games and sell them "again" later? it's a common thing, you are such a bitch sometimes lol

Yeah, my comment is the one that really comes off as bitchy.:cat:

Just now, jehurey said:

Yeah, my comment is the one that really comes off as bitchy.:cat:

what the fuck do you expect from valve? you said you thought maybe they are doing something nice? they let you play all the games in the series for free to understand the story? how's that not nice? 

do you want them to personally congratulate you, give a private party and a buffet? you want VR version of the old games because the new one will be a VR title? VR version of an over 20 year old game? :cat:

2 minutes ago, kaz said:

what the fuck do you expect from valve? you said you thought maybe they are doing something nice? they let you play all the games in the series for free to understand the story? how's that not nice? 

:dead:

Just now, kaz said:

do you want them to personally congratulate you, give a private party and a buffet? you want VR version of the old games because the new one will be a VR title? VR version of an over 20 year old game? :cat:

A VR camera in a first-person shooter.......should have the necessary tools to implement that with almost no programming work required.

Game was designed for a two-button mouse, VR controllers have trigger buttons in place. Weapon selection could be handled with other face buttons or those touchpads that are in VR controllers.

Maybe some slight tweaks for character movement speed? isn't that option already in the game's menu?

And either tweak the character model to have realistic arm movements matching the VR controller movement, or remove the arms entirely and just have the floating gun.

That's about what I'd expect, and that's what they probably could deliver for free, with just a patch update for VR owners.

3 minutes ago, jehurey said:

A VR camera in a first-person shooter.......should have the necessary tools to implement that with almost no programming work required.

Game was designed for a two-button mouse, VR controllers have trigger buttons in place. Weapon selection could be handled with other face buttons or those touchpads that are in VR controllers.

Maybe some slight tweaks for character movement speed? isn't that option already in the game's menu?

And either tweak the character model to have realistic arm movements matching the VR controller movement, or remove the arms entirely and just have the floating gun.

That's about what I'd expect, and that's what they probably could deliver for free, with just a patch update for VR owners.

I don't know, I think you can't make a VR game just like that lol and who wants to play half life 1 with these old ass wrinkly graphics in VR :tom: you are fucking retarded sometimes. just take the free games and enjoy.

Just now, kaz said:

I don't know, I think you can't make a VR game just like that lol and who wants to play half life 1 with these old ass wrinkly graphics in VR :tom: you are fucking retarded sometimes. just take the free games and enjoy.

You just contradicted yourself within your own post.

Within the same sentence, actually.

Who wants to play wrinkly graphics?

Apparently some people do if this thread exists.

Got any shit-fits left in you? You sound like the before character in a Snickers commercial.

Just now, jehurey said:

You just contradicted yourself within your own post.

Within the same sentence, actually.

Who wants to play wrinkly graphics?

Apparently some people do if this thread exists.

Got any shit-fits left in you? You sound like the before character in a Snickers commercial.

You are stupid. There is a difference between wrinkly old graphics as it was intended to be played OR like you say in a VR version of it? are you fucking stupid or what? 

anyway I think it's hilarious how pessimistic you are, you never try to see the good in things.

- All HL games free to play. Jerry:" it's not in VR, NOT NICE " :cat:

- some guard in a church kills a shooter and saves some people. Jerry:"he's not a hero because he survived" :cat:

unbelievable

• Haha 1
10 minutes ago, kaz said:

You are stupid. There is a difference between wrinkly old graphics as it was intended to be played OR like you say in a VR version of it? are you fucking stupid or what? 

anyway I think it's hilarious how pessimistic you are, you never try to see the good in things.

- All HL games free to play. Jerry:" it's not in VR, NOT NICE " :cat:

- some guard in a church kills a shooter and saves some people. Jerry:"he's not a hero because he survived" :cat:

unbelievable

Right......because these graphics would hold up well on modern 1080p/1440p/4K monitors that PC gamers are currently using.

But VR resolutions....that would just be too ridiculous.

Looks like your butthurt is bottled up like a Heinz Ketchup bottle.........need to me turn you upside down and smack the bottom for all of it to come out?

[double-take]: I'm the one that's pessimistic?:cat:

Edited by jehurey
Just now, jehurey said:

Right......because these graphics would hold up well on modern 1080p/1440p/4K monitors that PC gamers are currently using.

But VR resolutions....that would just be too ridiculous.

Looks like your butthurt is bottled up like a Heinz Ketchup bottle.........need to me turn you upside down and smack the bottom for all of it to come out?

you are retarded. take defeat like a man, you little bitch. have a good one.