ZhugeEx teasing future Platinum Games titles (multiplat, self developed IP)

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

NINTENDO GOT FUCKED.    TENCENT MONEY FOR MULTIPLATS..  SEGA can kick Nintendo to the curb and work with Tencent and Platinum     Knock Knock *who's there?* Nintendo

2 hours ago, Goukosan said:

Man and to think the lemming and lemiJ thought Platinum was being bought by MS :mj:

Yea, the idea was SO far fetched that.... they were ACTUALLY negotiating it :drake: 

:rofls: 

This is good too though.  Tencent money means Platinum no longer has to be bogged down and locked into making Switch games only.  Now SEGA can kick Nintendo to the curb, have Tencent fund multiplat versions of new Bayonetta games  :blessed: 

3 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

Yea, the idea was SO far fetched that.... they were ACTUALLY negotiating it :drake: 

:rofls: 

This is good too though.  Tencent money means Platinum no longer has to be bogged down and locked into making Switch games only.  Now SEGA can kick Nintendo to the curb, have Tencent fund multiplat versions of new Bayonetta games  :blessed: 

LOL retroactively trying to find new material to back up a failed rumor.

Man, Platinum Games must've really not wanted them to reject them for that long.

Just now, jehurey said:

LOL retroactively trying to find new material to back up a failed rumor.

Man, Platinum Games must've really not wanted them to reject them for that long.

They wanted independence.  I can respect that.  And I'm not sure about that... these deals don't happen over night. :shrug: 

What's confirmed here is that they actually WERE in negotiations :tom5: 

Just now, Remij_ said:

They wanted independence.  I can respect that.  And I'm not sure about that... these deals don't happen over night. :shrug: 

What's confirmed here is that they actually WERE in negotiations :tom5: 

No.........that guy only confirmed actions that Microsoft was taking.

PG must have not taken it seriously if nothing gets done over the course of an entire year.

Only ONE SIDE has the power to drag out that deal.

I love your lowered bar of victory here..........let's see if I can get it lowered even more.

3 minutes ago, jehurey said:

No.........that guy only confirmed actions that Microsoft was taking.

PG must have not taken it seriously if nothing gets done over the course of an entire year.

Only ONE SIDE has the power to drag out that deal.

I love your lowered bar of victory here..........let's see if I can get it lowered even more.

Nope....

Platinum Games were the ones looking for funding :reg:

Damn... :bate:

1 minute ago, Remij_ said:

Nope....

Platinum Games were the ones looking for funding :reg:

Damn... :bate:

They were looking at funding..............in the form of loans.

And not funding...............in exchange for an ownership in the company.

Tell me........is Microsoft in the business of handing out pure capital investments when it comes to video game companies?

The answer is no. So there was never going to be a deal. Like you just said, Platinum wanted independence, and since Microsoft would've never offered that, in a legal binding way............there was never any real deal being negotiated.

1 minute ago, jehurey said:

They were looking at funding..............in the form of loans.

And not funding...............in exchange for an ownership in the company.

Tell me........is Microsoft in the business of handing out pure capital investments when it comes to video game companies?

The answer is no. So there was never going to be a deal. Like you just said, Platinum wanted independence, and since Microsoft would've never offered that, in a legal binding way............there was never any real deal being negotiated.

They were talking to a LOT of companies those Platinum Beggars :blessed: 

Just now, Remij_ said:

They were talking to a LOT of companies those Platinum Beggars :blessed: 

That's like you taking credit for being in a crowd out guys while some girl yelled "I'm looking for a date"

What do you do? Go home and said "oh yeah......me and this girl were totally flirting, extensively."

Just now, jehurey said:

That's like you taking credit for being in a crowd out guys while some girl yelled "I'm looking for a date"

What do you do? Go home and said "oh yeah......me and this girl were totally flirting, extensively."

Begging for funding... probably keeping MS in negotiations just in case their plans fell through.. then they would have sold the company.  LOL

Holy shit!

Oh well... Platinum Games for all.  Thanks Tencent  :blessed: 

Just now, Remij_ said:

Begging for funding... probably keeping MS in negotiations just in case their plans fell through.. then they would have sold the company.  LOL

Holy shit!

Oh well... Platinum Games for all.  Thanks Tencent  :blessed: 

Nah, clearly not.

Nothing indicates that they were on the verge of a financial disaster. And if so, they would've had Nintendo to rely on for the loan.

Instead they waited on a pure loan with the least amount of strings attached.  That sounds like a company who had leverage and room to wait for the best possible deal.

Microsoft was never in the running.

Just now, Remij_ said:

Glad that wasn't with Nintendo.  Freedom!  :blessed: 

Thanks for admitting you just lost the argument regarding Microsoft.

That was quick. LOL I don't mind Platinum Games having freedom. Still doesn't stop the fact that Nintendo licensed Bayo from Sega, and therefore there can never be more Platinum-developed Bayo Games unless it goes through Nintendo-Sega.