Sony CFO: Price of the PlayStation 5 hasn't been determined yet; one important factor for that decision will be the price of the Xbox Series X

https://www.videogameschronicle.com/news/ps5-price-yet-to-determined

What the fuck Sony. Shouldn't you already have a price in place? Stop being assholes and go 399.

So expect a PS5 reveal after X I don't remember when that is. April I think. Maybe Feb reveal, price later.

Edited by Team 2019

I think Sony is willing to undercut MS because the PS division obviously has more room than the XBox hardware division.

I think they'll try to undercut MS by 100 if the loses aren't too much. PS3 loses were like 250 bucks or something ridiculous. Thats not happening.

If possible they want a PS4 repeat.

Edited by Team 2019
22 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

Sony is a sackless "you go first" snake in the grass, always have been. 

and they always come out as the clear winner each gen? what's your point, butthurtcop? 

I don't know why people think this is out of the ordinary.

This was one of the first things they did when they entered the video game industry. They had the competitor announce its product and pricing first, and then they walked up to a podium ans said "$299" at CES 1995.

They absolutely would like to pressure Phil Spencer into panicking and lowering the price of their product and taking a bigger loss. or they know that they will have a lower price, and they want people to notice it when they announce it afterwards.

8 minutes ago, jehurey said:

Is there still something happening with a PS5 reveal during February?

Was it supposed to be Feb 6th?

Came up today

https://www.playstation.com/en-gb/explore/ps5/

We've begun to share some of the incredible features you can expect from PlayStation 5, but we're not quite ready to fully unveil the next generation of PlayStation. Sign up below to be among the first to receive updates as we announce them, including news on the PS5 release date, PS5 price and the upcoming roster of PS5 launch games.

2 hours ago, DynamiteCop! said:

Sony is a sackless "you go first" snake in the grass, always have been. 

Did anyone even bother to read the article? 

Also, Sony went first this generation and smoked Microsoft. 

Edited by lynux3