Anyone else feel youtube got too greedy with ads?

1 minute ago, lynux3 said:

Browser? uBlock Origin. You're welcome.

Home network? Pi-hole. You're welcome.

Browser is not the opposite of "home network." 

Also, will this block the actual videos that play before your own video? Or just the banner ads and images?

Thanks...

Just now, SheepKilla said:

Browser is not the opposite of "home network." 

Also, will this block the actual videos that play before your own video? Or just the banner ads and images?

Thanks...

Not sure what you mean in the first statement? You can essentially "ad block" any device you use outside of your browser within your LAN/WLAN. Like the YouTube app on your phone.

uBlock Origin will block video ads, banner ads, images, malicious shit, etc. and won't affect the video you're actually trying to watch. Though some site admins are getting smart and working around it; so if you ever come across a video you can't play just turn off or whitelist the site in uBlock Origin and it'll play just fine. It's few and far between, but it does happen occasionally.

21 minutes ago, lynux3 said:

Browser? uBlock Origin. You're welcome.

Home network? Pi-hole. You're welcome.

Yeah using this for years.  I don't have one ad.  Lol Linux here thinking hes the expert on this just because he probably works with linux.  Linux the SW user should use Windows.  Probably why you're an MS hater.  You were one of those linux users/anti MS idiots from the past :D Did linux OS take over and beat MS in OS?.. nope.  MS got bigger

Remember 20 years ago when people like you thought Linux was going to take over as the standard operating system for businesses. :D  

Edited by Spicalicious
2 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

I kind of feel that the internet for the most part has run its course in terms of the way things should be versus how they turned out. Everything was better in its early days.

It all turned to corporate shit once Facebook and the average person entered the scene

• Upvote 1
Just now, Spicalicious said:

Yeah using this for years.  I don't have one ad.  Lol Linux here thinking hes the expert on this just because he works in some kind of network or system security.. :bena: 

Yeah, ad blockers have been around for a minute. I do consider myself a professional in my particular field since I do get paid for it. :whipit:

4 minutes ago, lynux3 said:

Yeah, ad blockers have been around for a minute. I do consider myself a professional in my particular field since I do get paid for it. :whipit:

I am also considered an expert in my field. Been working with MS server products for quite a few years now and getting paid for it.  As MS hater your must really despise me. :D 

Edited by Spicalicious
2 minutes ago, Spicalicious said:

I am also considered an expert in my field. Been working with MS server products for quite a few years now and getting paid for it.

Yeah me too. I work directly with Windows sys admins all the time. They're a bunch of GUI button clicking fags. :tom: Not really, they're okay. :] 

Edited by lynux3
Just now, lynux3 said:

Yeah me too. I work directly with Windows sys admins all the time. They're a bunch of GUI button clicking fags. :tom: Not really, they're okay. :] 

Looking into automation now. Also azure certs probably. They're looking for a cloud admin at work soon I think 

Edited by Spicalicious
Just now, Spicalicious said:

Looking into automation now. 

It's a beautiful thing. I'm pretty deep into it on the network/security side. It's mostly for cloud deployments, management and SDN. Since I manage a lot of network appliances, dedicated and cloud infrastructure automation has saved me hundreds of hours of tedious crap over the last few years.

Capitalism and the drive for ad revenue killed the internet. Also, always being connected is a nice convenience, but some people just take it way too far. It used to be an activity that you’d spend a designated amount of time doing. Now, I can see people mindlessly scrolling through Facebook when I’m fucking driving in traffic. 

Edited by Ike