Yes master. im a mere FF plebeian in your presence :(

don't worry, you forget stuff as you get older. :11:

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm an expert at pressing buttons, do you know who you're talking to!?    

He rushed through the game in 15min....didn't watch any of the cutscenes, but he's an expert at the combat and how to defeat enemies in the quickest way possible... on his first playthrough...

Yes master. im a mere FF plebeian in your presence

Posted Images

40 minutes ago, Team 2019 said:

How to play the game well. But it still needs a hard mode.

Build Stagger and cash in on your big damage opportunity. That's not playing playing well, that's playing right.

Think ima roll with Cloud/Tifa/Aeris in the full game. Never cared for Barrett or Red XIII in the original. And I’d replace tifa with Vincent Valentine or Cid if they were in this episode but they won’t be. Aeris is obligatory and Yuffie and cait sith can kick rocks 

Edited by Delita
17 minutes ago, Ike said:

Square looks like they really outdid themselves this time around. It looks so much better than the debut trailer. 

Wasn't the previous version done with their piece of shit engine?

40 minutes ago, Delita said:

Think ima roll with Cloud/Tifa/Aeris in the full game. Never cared for Barrett or Red XIII in the original. And I’d replace tifa with Vincent Valentine or Cid if they were in this episode but they won’t be. Aeris is obligatory and Yuffie and cait sith can kick rocks 

You're character locked for Midgar anyways so it doesn't matter. In the original you don't get the ability to form a party until  after you leave Midgar.

1 minute ago, Sabo said:

Yeah, the luminous engine that they used for FFXV. I'm really glad they switched to UE4.

I actually thought the demo was really solid. I’m not a big FF7 fan but they really nailed the atmosphere, even if it was really short. The music is great as expected. Has anyone done an analysis on the differences? A lot of the dialogue is stuff I didn’t remember from the original? 

I thought the combat was fun too, how close is this to FFXV? Might have to give that game a whirl, think the full thing is on game pass now. 

15 minutes ago, Sabo said:

12 minutes ago, Ike said:

Yeah, the luminous engine that they used for FFXV. I'm really glad they switched to UE4.

No.. It's always been UE4.  The previous footage was done by CyberConnect 2.  Square went back and redid the assets and reworked the game.  There was no engine change.

14 minutes ago, Sabo said:

You're character locked for Midgar anyways so it doesn't matter. In the original you don't get the ability to form a party until  after you leave Midgar.

In the original game, yes. But since this is being expanded into a full stand alone  game I’m willing to wager more freedom will be given to the player earlier to make it feel like a real full fledged rpg rather than part 1 of xxxx

13 minutes ago, Casual said:

I actually thought the demo was really solid. I’m not a big FF7 fan but they really nailed the atmosphere, even if it was really short. The music is great as expected. Has anyone done an analysis on the differences? A lot of the dialogue is stuff I didn’t remember from the original? 

I thought the combat was fun too, how close is this to FFXV? Might have to give that game a whirl, think the full thing is on game pass now. 

The tone is similar but dialogue is different. The constant banter with Biggs, Wedge and Jessie is all new. 

Combat is more similar to LR. Nothing like XV.

2 minutes ago, Delita said:

In the original game, yes. But since this is being expanded into a full stand alone  game I’m willing to wager more freedom will be given to the player earlier to make it feel like a real full fledged rpg rather than part 1 of xxxx

I'll think you'll lose that wager. The team isn't all in the same place until the assault on Shinra HQ. The team is constantly separated until then. 

1 minute ago, Delita said:

I highly doubt it.  They're going to build as much character as they possibly can for the limited cast in Midgar.  Just like in the original, it'll be all about world and character building.  It's going to just be Cloud, Barret, Tifa, and Aerith, with Red XIII confirmed being a guest character towards the end.  They'll spend more time building up Avalanche as a group and getting you more invested in Jessie, Biggs, and Wedge... but they wont be playable.  You might see some characters... but they wont be a part of the party.